Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Jaroslav Halak 2yr x 2.75

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I followed Halak's career from when he was a Hab to when he got traded to St Louis to Isles to now..Halak in my opinion has always been a real good netminder and I'm really happy he's now a Bruin. He's the perfect goaltender to push Rask because he's used to being a starter. If the unfortunate happens and Tuukku somehow gets injured and misses a quality amount of time, we have another #1 who can step in and take his place. I liked Khudobin but I have no doubt Halak is a better more experienced option AND Dolby wanted to go somewhere where he had a chance to be the #1 guy and he might get that in Dallas.. I have alot of trust in Don Sweeney after the season someof our rookies had last year and all the ones that could be ready this year. So his choice of going with Halak, I'm 100% behind him..

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jaroslav Halak is excited to get started with the Bruins - The Boston Globe

Tuukka Rask has his critics in Boston. Jaroslav Halak will not be one of them.

“I know he’s an elite goalie and he’s proved that every year,” Halak said Monday, a day after he signed a two-year, $5.5 million deal with the Bruins.

“I’ll try to help out any way I can,” said Halak, who battled Thomas Greiss for the Islanders’ starting job the last three seasons. “I’ll try to fit in as soon as possible.”

“Well, you know, they have a great team,” Halak said. “A lot of talent; the city is great and obviously [the] fans as well. Every time we play there, it is exciting to play in that building, and it’s so hard to play against all the time.”

Asked about his playing style, the 5-foot-11-inch, 183-pound Halak called himself a “kind of a mix of butterfly and standup goalie at times. . . . I think, or maybe someone else would disagree with me.”

Halak was excited to play for another Original Six team, and to reunite with Bruins captain Zdeno Chara, his Olympic teammate in 2010 and 2014 with Team Slovakia — “A great guy and a really good friend,” Halak said — though he didn’t poll Chara for his thoughts on life in Boston.

“The decision came down to the term and my family,” he said. “I have two kids already, and Boston is a great city for family as well, living there. I think that was the main decision.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Halak actually has a mask from DaveArt that isn't the usual cluttered over the top DaveArt crap:

Dn87SS-WsAA8--V.jpg

You can at least make out what the theme of the mask is, but there are his ever present lens flares

New Bruin Jaroslav Halak Definitely Has Coolest Goalie Mask In NHL

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Isles fan, here in peace. Jaro was Garth Snow's whipping boy, especially during the three headed goalie season. Overplayed(our President/resident moron trying to showcase him) after the WCs, injured, then sent down until it was too late to save the season. Last year he faced 50 shots a night routinely, while Greiss stunk up any building he played in.
I know zilch about your old backup, but Halak still can play.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You speak in the past tense- what happened to him?
He doesn’t post anymore I haven’t seen him anyways

When they lost 3 in a row a couple of posters who had vanished reappeared to want Sweeney fired and the team sucked they drafted the wrong players in 2015 but they win a few and poof gone

When Halak gave up bad goals in Florida that would have brought out JP if he was still posting

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He doesn’t post anymore I haven’t seen him anyways

When they lost 3 in a row a couple of posters who had vanished reappeared to want Sweeney fired and the team sucked they drafted the wrong players in 2015 but they win a few and poof gone

When Halak gave up bad goals in Florida that would have brought out JP if he was still posting

Yeah it has been awhile. Brent Hughes has gone missing also. I liked those guys, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad