Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Jaroslav Halak 2yr x 2.75

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He’s 33 and as recently as 3 years ago was excellent

He was outstanding in St Louis and has been a high end #1 Behind strong defenses

This is an upgrade and probably significantl unless there is something wrong with Halak

2 signings 2 thumbs up

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Way to early to make that statement.
I’m cleaning and wasn’t looking at my phone so didn’t see text and I got a half dozen texts all liking Halak

Going to run with that

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Reactions: 13Hockey

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How can this be early since Halak is a better G than Dobby?

Is he?

I'm not so sure.

Dobby was pretty darn good here last year.

I'm not sure what Halak has done in his last 3 seasons to definitively say he's better than Khudobin right now. He could be, we'll see.

Reactions: Mpasta

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Is he?

I'm not so sure.

Dobby was pretty darn good here last year.

I'm not sure what Halak has done in his last 3 seasons to definitively say he's better than Khudobin right now. He could be, we'll see.

Dobby cashed in with his one good season as a backup and good for him but I had no confidence with him in net.

Halak has been a great starter and posted great numbers behind a strong Blues team and had quite the playoffs run with the Habs beating by himself Wsh and Pit.

Halak was, is and will forever be a better G than Dobby.

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
Been a fan of Halak for a long time.. dare I say I was even impressed when he almost pushed Price out of the starting job.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Dobby cashed in with his one good season as a backup and good for him but I had no confidence with him in net.

Halak has been a great starter and posted great numbers behind a strong Blues team and had quite the playoffs run with the Habs beating by himself Wsh and Pit.

Halak was, is and will forever be a better G than Dobby.

Ancient history, do you think your getting the same goaltender.

You criticize Khudobin on cashing in after one great season, yet give props to Halak for ONE hot playoff run (for two rounds anyway) almost a decade ago. The Blues thought so little of him in 2014 they dealt him at the deadline to bring in Ryan Miller even though Halak was their starter and they were a top team that year.

He may be an upgrade, he may be exactly the same, he may easily be a downgrade, we shall see.

Funny Halak fact...as a NY Islander, he never beat the Bruins, going 0-6 vs. the Bruins over the course of 4 seasons in NY (2014-15 to 2017-18).

His last victory over the Bruins was in 2014 as a St. Louis Blue.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Ancient history, do you think your getting the same goaltender.

You criticize Khudobin on cashing in after one great season, yet give props to Halak for ONE hot playoff run (for two rounds anyway) almost a decade ago. The Blues thought so little of him in 2014 they dealt him at the deadline to bring in Ryan Miller even though Halak was their starter and they were a top team that year.

He may be an upgrade, he may be exactly the same, he may easily be a downgrade, we shall see.

Funny Halak fact...as a NY Islander, he never beat the Bruins, going 0-6 vs. the Bruins over the course of 4 seasons in NY (2014-15 to 2017-18).

His last victory over the Bruins was in 2014 as a St. Louis Blue.

Miller was still a top G when he was acquired by Stl. Don’t try to re-write history.

Halak has a better save pct the last two years than Dobby while playing on a much worse team.

Bruins got an upgrade at backup G today and are a better team because of it.

Well done Don.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
After a amazing performance in a Cup run there was a debate in Montreal on whether to keep Halak or Price , fanbase was pretty much split.

Halak has been successful as a starter in the past.

If the money is right this should be an upgrade.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Miller was still a top G when he was acquired by Stl. Don’t try to re-write history.

Halak has a better save pct the last two years than Dobby while playing on a much worse team.

Bruins got an upgrade at backup G today and are a better team because of it.

Well done Don.

Never said he wasn't.

Your making a lot of definitive statements about this signing that may or may not be true. We shall see how it all plays out. I don't even dislike the signing, maybe my perception of Halak is skewed by the fact he hasn't beaten the Bruins in almost half a decade.

It's meh, he wasn't my first choice, wasn't my last. Nothing to get excited or depressed about either way.

It's just very premature to declare this signing to be some sort of brilliant move by Sweeney. Seems to me like Khudobin was their preferred choice, but once he demanded more than they wanted to pay, they went to another plan in Halak.

So if Halak is a definitive upgrade on Khudobin, why didn't the Bruins simply leave Khudobin alone and go after Halak?

Sweeney said himself they tried to bring back Khudobin. Seems odd to go after Khudobin first if Halak was the clear upgrade like you said.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Dobby's best numbers came with his 2 stints as a goalie for the Bruins with a very structured D corps in front of him (and the best defensive forward).

Halak's best numbers came with a structured St. Louis Blues D corps.

I fully expect to see Khudobin's numbers fall with Dallas and Halak's to climb at least to his Montreal days if not Blues.

I don't think we can properly judge until we find out the contract numbers of both goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad