Confirmed with Link: Bruins Select David Pastrnak w the 25th overall pick in the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanktheHammer*

Happy Canada Day weekend, Hank.
Cheers...

Happy Dominion Day, kytem2. Enjoy some BBQ(have an extra serving for me, will ya?) and fireworks. Have a safe weekend. Cheers to you as well.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
qjmhl=garbage league

Yes, the league that produced the current ROTY and a likely future ROTY in Drouin is a "garbage" league. :shakehead

I don't mind the pick. Basically Krejci in wing form...just don't put him on the wing with Krejci, or neither guy will ever shoot. :laugh:

Imagine if you will, this guy on a line with Krejci and Eriksson...all they do is cycle for the puck while this plays:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm with you. This kid is soft as dog ****. MEH pick. We need to make a roster move.

wondering out loud if this assessment is based on you having watched all his games this past year or strictly by reading various interwebz reports??

Me??? I don`t know, having watched 3+ decades of drafts, when it comes to picks/players whom I have watched exactly 0 minutes of, I tend to take a wait and see approach

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
TSN or TSN2 are covering Wimbledon (but not the World Cup) so unless there is some mad fishing tournament they should be on it.

Oh, c'mon. Like there are any non-mad fishing tournaments! Where do ya think they get those crazy singing filet o' fishies?!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Kid looks like he could be interesting. Moxie. Speed. Crafty skill. Good IQ, judging from some of his passes in that reel. Just the kind of stuff people were wishing we had against the habs in the POs.

And he's 17 playing with men? Lots of potential there, sounds like.

As much as the draft is a crap shoot to a fair degree, this seems like a good pick for the B's. :handclap:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
You see a lack of size. I see a lack of wingers who can put the puck in the net.

The Bruins web site has Pastrnak listed at 6' and 198 pounds. That's the same height as Krejci and 10 pounds heavier. http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=724260&navid=DL|BOS|home

Keith Gretzky says he plays a two-way game as a wing or center, and is willing to go into the corners. Sounds big enough for a skill player to me.

“He’s a good, skilled player that plays two-way [hockey], and he can play either center or right wing,†said Bruins director of amateur scouting Keith Gretzky. “He handles the puck really well, and protects the puck well. He competes really hard and he’s got good skill. We felt like we needed some more skill.

“He’s full of energy. He moved away when he was young because he wanted to be a hockey player. He plays hard on the puck, and he competes. There are some guys that can score 50 goals, but they get shy about going into the corners. He’s not one of those guys.â€

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/pastrnak-excited-join-bs-and-idol-krejci

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
My only complaint about the European prospects is that it takes away a bit of enjoyment away from being a fan when it's so difficult to follow their progress. The prospect thread has gone from being an active one following Spooner, Knight, Hamilton, Subban to one with sporadic updates.

That being said, seems like a very solid pick.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Ya how can you not be excited after watching that? If he stays healthy he's got 3rd line RW written all over him in 2 years. I don't want to say more just yet because I don't like putting that kind of expectation on a young player. But we don't have a lot of creative shooters like this kid.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
btw I say give him 1-2 years in the P. I'd like to see him in Boston as a 20 year old ideally. But high side of 19 could be ok too if he puts on a bit of weight.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Red Line loves him if its not already done and someone wants to see its entirety I'll be glad to type it up. I've not liked two of the last drafts and went back on HF and thankfully was able to see my thoughts at the time saying as such. This I really like. I also liked the two picks before us and the one by Montreal. Very happy they made this read a lot about him the past month

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Great pick by the Bruins, Lets hope for some more good fortune today.

Some nice picks , move a few guys to open up some cap space and we can all be listening to some tunes tomorrow.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great pick by the Bruins, Lets hope for some more good fortune today.

Some nice picks , move a few guys to open up some cap space and we can all be listening to some tunes tomorrow.

Well said

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I wanted Kempe but this pick makes sense.. hopefully it pays dividends down the line.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I really don't know anything about him so I'm a wait and see. Does anyone know if he is able to play in Prov. next year? I know most of the guys drafted will go back to their Jr. teams or college but since he's European I don't know the rules. Looking forward to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad