Confirmed with Link: Bruins Select David Pastrnak w the 25th overall pick in the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Pastrnak, Burakowsky or Scherbak would have good with me, really like what I've read about Pastrnak. I think I like Pastrnak's upside the best.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Round 1--David Pastrnak

From Kirk:

David Pastrnak, RW Sodertalje (SHL 2)
36gp, 8g 16a 24 pts 24 pim
Red Line- 14
Hockey Prospect- 17
Future Considerations: 27
McKeen's: 25
ISS: 33
DraftBuzz: 29
THN: 23

Hi/Lo: 14/33

Kirk's Take: Little Czech dynamo has the speed and skill to be a top-6 NHL forward and would be ranked higher if not for concerns about his lack of size and strength. He was a solid contributor playing against men in the Allsvenskan and brings a passion and fire that the B's would no doubt appreciate. He's a pure offense type who needs to address his overall game, but has the kind of high-end hands, vision and sense to be a solid value at 25. With some pubs having him as high as 14 and top-20, and others at the end of round 1, he could be the guy for Boston, but I have to think he'll be off the board when the B's turn comes.

Thanks Wally. Light, not heat.

Hope Kirk is doing okay.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
The kid fills an organizational need, has tremendous skill and upside, was likely ranked higher than 25 on the Bruins board, and seems to fit the Bruins blueprint.

I can't complain with the pick given where we're picking.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Thanks for posting that, MMB.

Hard not to like what you see there. Like neelynugs says, hopefully PJ did his homework. Glad we drafted some speed, everything you read says high hockey IQ as well. I even like that he no look rips it on a 3 on 1. We need confident shooters as opposed to hesitant ones.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Some of the moves he pulled off were unreal... looks like he contributes in all three zones too. Couple of good passes, shifty, quick as hell.

Can definitely see some David Krejci in him. Looks like a faster Reilly Smith, bigger Brad Marchand. (NOT EXPECTING HIM TO BE THAT, COMPARISON BY PLAYSTYLE) Hope he pans out, looks very exciting. Gotta keep in mind its a U-18 tourney, but he had some great clips.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
10499248_1430895513861516_69888814_n.jpg

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Just worried about the amount of small players the bruins are now stocked with for the future.

Not going to complain about the pick because I didn't follow this draft all that much, but I agree with this. I laugh at people who say "I'm tired of the Bruins drafting size and grit, I want them to get guys who can put the puck in the net." look at the Bruins recent draft history, really haven't drafted many gritty players. small skilled forwards though? we have them in bunches.

I'm fine with the pick, I am concerned about what seems like a shift in philosophy on Chiarelli's end. Not sure I like his new infatuation with Sweden or guys who are developed in Sweden. I should probably wait to see how tomorrow goes before I run my mouth too much.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Funny, Bruins fans have been clamoring for high-end speed and skill for weeks, but when they draft it people complain. :huh:

Personally I really like this pick. This kid is a quick, creative, skillsy 1st line talent who plays with courage and drive. Red Line had him at 14, Future Considerations had him at 18... He was the guy I said I wanted a couple days ago. I had a feeling it could go this way, it seems like PJ Axelsson's opinion carries a lot of weight in that war room lately (Cehlarik, Arnesson, now Pastrnak).

If the B's can convert Spooner to the wing they'll eventually have two explosive, creative 1on1 players on the wings.

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Hope he pans out, looks very exciting. Gotta keep in mind its a U-18 tourney, but he had some great clips.
That was the WJC's (U-20) massive, MASSIVE difference. He was 17 playing against mainly older guys. He looked threatening and quite skilled every game I watched of the Czechs (have never seen him in Sweden).

I like the pick --if we take Hunter Smith tomorrow I will like the pick more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad