Confirmed with Link: Bruins Select David Pastrnak w the 25th overall pick in the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Jamie Erdahl ‏@JamieErdahl 2h
Pastrnak: "I've been trying to play like Krejci since I was born. He is my idol." #Bruins

Jamie Erdahl ‏@JamieErdahl 2h
Pastrnak 1-on-1 for @NESNSportsToday on what position he prefers: "I will do anything I can. Coach wants me to play goalie? I play goalie!"

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 2h
"Absolutely loves the game; great desire and plays every shift as if it were his last."- Red Line Report #Pastrnak

Excellent pick for Boston- Pastrnak was 14th-ranked skater by Red Line Report. Surges by other players late in year dropped him in B's lap

Pastrnak has a lot that B's fans will like: speed, skill, scoring, sense & spirit. Goes into traffic & while not having much size, has moxie

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 1h
Chiarelli compares Pastrnak to Krejci but he's more of a winger. Good on the boards, protects the puck, good combo of grit & skill ^CS

Looks like a solid pick.

Reactions: TCB

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
That was the WJC's (U-20) massive, MASSIVE difference. He was 17 playing against mainly older guys. He looked threatening and quite skilled every game I watched of the Czechs (have never seen him in Sweden).

I like the pick --if we take Hunter Smith tomorrow I will like the pick more :)

Forgot WJC was U-20... even more impressive :)

HanktheHammer*

Great pick by Chiarelli and the scouting staff. Pastrnak looks like a blue-chipper. He might be the steal of the draft. I just hope JFJ tenure with the Bruins is a short one. Leaf Fans are laughing at us over this one.

Reactions: TCB

HanktheHammer*

Does anybody know if T S N or some other broadcaster going to televise the later rounds tomorrow?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
he looks really confident and poised with the puck. major wishful thinking here but with this team's cap situation we could really use a surprise in camp like Bergeron making the team at 18. I'll say a little prayer that this kid does it, haha.

Would be cool if he turned out to be a Hertl type for us.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
he looks really confident and poised with the puck. major wishful thinking here but with this team's cap situation we could really use a surprise in camp like Bergeron making the team at 18. I'll say a little prayer that this kid does it, haha.

Would be cool if he turned out to be a Hertl type for us.

Yea, it would be a miracle. Maybe, just maybe he could play next to the Yeti on the third line......wishful thinking.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Does anybody know if T S N or some other broadcaster going to televise the later rounds tomorrow?

Pretty sure it restarts on Saturday at 10:00 Eastern, and that TSN or TSN2 will be covering it.

TSN or TSN2 are covering Wimbledon (but not the World Cup) so unless there is some mad fishing tournament they should be on it.

HanktheHammer*

Pretty sure it restarts on Saturday at 10:00 Eastern, and that TSN or TSN2 will be covering it.

TSN or TSN2 are covering Wimbledon (but not the World Cup) so unless there is some mad fishing tournament they should be on it.

Thanks for the info, kytem2. Once I get up early enough, I have enough time to watch the draft unfold before I go to work. It's going to be a long day at the office. LOL!

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad