Confirmed with Link: Bruins Select David Pastrnak w the 25th overall pick in the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Red Line loves him if its not already done and someone wants to see its entirety I'll be glad to type it up. I've not liked two of the last drafts and went back on HF and thankfully was able to see my thoughts at the time saying as such. This I really like. I also liked the two picks before us and the one by Montreal. Very happy they made this read a lot about him the past month

That would be great.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Loved the comments from Chia about this is a guy they were considering and wasn't just a guy who fell into their lap. Hopefully they can work some magic today

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I really don't know anything about him so I'm a wait and see. Does anyone know if he is able to play in Prov. next year? I know most of the guys drafted will go back to their Jr. teams or college but since he's European I don't know the rules. Looking forward to today.

Non-junior players can play in the AHL at 18, yes. Junior players have to turn 20 by Jan. 1 to be eligible.

Chiarelli said in Caryn Switaj's write-up that they wouldn't mind if Pastrnak stayed in Sweden for a year, but it appears to be up in the air at the moment. I would imagine they'll see how he does in development camp. From what the kid said, he'll do whatever they want. (Sorry on my phone and can't link, but you can check the Bruins website.)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That would be great.

here is what Red Line wrote about our first rounder

DAVID PASTRNAK-SODERTALJE

Shifty with excellent east/west moves and lateral agility- tough to contain.

Needs very little time or space to get shots away from the slot, even off balance or on passes in his skates. Kicks passes from his skates up to his stick blade in one motion without slowing.

Very active running the PP from both the half-boards and down low- makes great cross crease set ups.

Edges well and is smooth out of his breaks with quick, slashing change of direction.

Great on the rush, utilizing dynamic puck skill and change of pace. At his best driving aggressively into lanes- not big, but fearlessly bulls his way through checkers to storm the net.

ABSOLUTELY LOVES THE GAME; GREAT DESIRE AND PLAYS EVERY SHIFT AS IF IT WERE HIS LAST.

Determined battler in traffic.

Dangerous in open ice and impossible to coral 1-on-1. Terrific stickhandler buys time for linemates to get open, and shows deft passing skills.

Projection: Small feisty, 2nd line scorer on a top club

Style Compares to: Mike Cammalleri

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Needs very little time or space to get shots away from the slot, even off balance or on passes in his skates. Kicks passes from his skates up to his stick blade in one motion without slowing.

Very active running the PP from both the half-boards and down low- makes great cross crease set ups.

Edges well and is smooth out of his breaks with quick, slashing change of direction.

Great on the rush, utilizing dynamic puck skill and change of pace. At his best driving aggressively into lanes- not big, but fearlessly bulls his way through checkers to storm the net.

ABSOLUTELY LOVES THE GAME; GREAT DESIRE AND PLAYS EVERY SHIFT AS IF IT WERE HIS LAST.

Dangerous in open ice and impossible to coral 1-on-1. Terrific stickhandler buys time for linemates to get open, and shows deft passing skills.

Love that the only knock on him is that he's "small" because it sure looked like he grew by the draft.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
really??...

Crosby, Raymond Bourque, Mario Lemieux , Pat Lafontaine, Pierre Turgeon, Patrick Roy, Denis Savard and Luc Robitaille...

Mackinnon, Drouin Focale.....

just to name a few.... and the most important one

BERGERON!!!!

Uh, oh, Kryptonite! He hates Bergeron. :laugh:

Also from the Q, Claude Giroux, former teammate of Krejci.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Thanks!

I'm pretty excited to start following his career. I know Ray Ferrero compared his offensive skill-set to Petr Klima, which at first brought back the Klima OT goal :cry: in the finals in 1990 against us. Klima was on the bench rested and ended getting the winner in the 3rd ot in game 1 of the finals

Back to today. If he has Klima skill set and he ABSOLUTELY LOVES THE GAME; AND HAS GREAT DESIRE AND PLAYS EVERY SHIFT AS IF IT WERE HIS LAST...... He could be Scary Good!

Reactions: TCB

Urgi

Dec 25, 2008
He is playing for my team Södertälje, if you got any specific questions feel free to ask!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He is playing for my team Södertälje, if you got any specific questions feel free to ask!

Please stick around this board, we'd love to hear more about him throughout the year. Thanks! :)

Still really excited with the pick. For 25th overall we got some good value.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Can you give us a recap of what you think his strengths/weaknesses are?

Does anyone know if he's staying there for one more year or is he coming over?

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Please stick around this board, we'd love to hear more about him throughout the year. Thanks! :)

Still really excited with the pick. For 25th overall we got some good value.

I'll second that. Hope you stick around. One of the Soderberg fans was great about keeping us up to date on him.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Can you give us a recap of what you think his strengths/weaknesses are?

Does anyone know if he's staying there for one more year or is he coming over?

I'm not Urgi, but we cheer for the same team. :)

Strengths: Stick wizard, can make defenders look stupid at times. Battles hard in the corners despite his size and likes to go hard to the net. Fast. Great hockey sense and a pretty good wrister.

Weakness: Size (or weight rather), tries to force low percentage passes sometimes that aren't there. Tendency to chase the puck in the D-zone and leave his man open.

He initially said he is staying in Sweden to become stronger, so that's probably what he wants. If he does he'd get a top-line spot and duties on the 1st PP.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm not Urgi, but we cheer for the same team.

Strengths: Stick wizard, can make defenders look stupid at times. Battles hard in the corners despite his size and likes to go hard to the net. Fast. Great hockey sense and a pretty good wrister.

Weakness: Size (or weight rather), tries to force low percentage passes sometimes that aren't there. Tendency to chase the puck in the D-zone and leave his man open.

He initially said he is staying in Sweden to become stronger, so that's probably what he wants.

Please stick around as well as Urgi so we can get updates on him thought the year :)

Thank you for this! It really helps especially when watching him at development cam in a few weeks.

He really does sound a lot like Krejci. I'm excited to see him in a few weeks.

Thank you again!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yeah, the Lemieux name really embodies the word toughness

A3P79idCcAA0zpe.jpg

Loved it when McCarty handed Lemieux his ass that time. He certainly had it coming to him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm not Urgi, but we cheer for the same team. :)

He initially said he is staying in Sweden to become stronger, so that's probably what he wants. If he does he'd get a top-line spot and duties on the 1st PP.

Thanks for the info. Does he remind you of anyone that is in the NHL right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad