Confirmed with Link: Bruins Select David Pastrnak w the 25th overall pick in the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yeah, the Lemieux name really embodies the word toughness

A3P79idCcAA0zpe.jpg

Well played

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm with you. This kid is soft as dog ****. MEH pick. We need to make a roster move.

The Bruins will have plenty of sandpaper, not to worry. Management understands "what it means to be a Bruin," and they won't stray from that. But (and I know nothing about this fellow), if they find talent, they'll go for it. Did anyone project DK as a B's style player? Give it a chance.

Now, again -- did TSN even talk to Chia, et. al. after the pick???

God, I hate summer.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Are you this dense? Or, just playing.

At least 10-15 guys I take before this kid, another small, soft forward is not what was needed here. They have spooner and koko needed a big winger with some skill or more D depth.

Scoutiing reports that even like him say his compete level is questionable.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Great the wussification of the Bruins continues. Should have taken Lemieux's kid.

I like a lot of what I read a/b Lemieux. Aside his skating.

But if you're gonna whine a/b toughness, then cite not drafting the son of Claude Lemiuex... pretty sure he has the "get on all fours" gene the second someone's gloves get loose, so.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Round 1--David Pastrnak

From Kirk:

David Pastrnak, RW Sodertalje (SHL 2)
36gp, 8g 16a 24 pts 24 pim
Red Line- 14
Hockey Prospect- 17
Future Considerations: 27
McKeen's: 25
ISS: 33
DraftBuzz: 29
THN: 23

Hi/Lo: 14/33

Kirk's Take: Little Czech dynamo has the speed and skill to be a top-6 NHL forward and would be ranked higher if not for concerns about his lack of size and strength. He was a solid contributor playing against men in the Allsvenskan and brings a passion and fire that the B's would no doubt appreciate. He's a pure offense type who needs to address his overall game, but has the kind of high-end hands, vision and sense to be a solid value at 25. With some pubs having him as high as 14 and top-20, and others at the end of round 1, he could be the guy for Boston, but I have to think he'll be off the board when the B's turn comes.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Was just going to say happy they didn't take Ho-Sang, the train wreck that is the Islanders take him, perfect just perfect.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Round 1--David Pastrnak

From Kirk:

David Pastrnak, RW Sodertalje (SHL 2)
36gp, 8g 16a 24 pts 24 pim
Red Line- 14
Hockey Prospect- 17
Future Considerations: 27
McKeen's: 25
ISS: 33
DraftBuzz: 29
THN: 23

Hi/Lo: 14/33

Kirk's Take: Little Czech dynamo has the speed and skill to be a top-6 NHL forward and would be ranked higher if not for concerns about his lack of size and strength. He was a solid contributor playing against men in the Allsvenskan and brings a passion and fire that the B's would no doubt appreciate. He's a pure offense type who needs to address his overall game, but has the kind of high-end hands, vision and sense to be a solid value at 25. With some pubs having him as high as 14 and top-20, and others at the end of round 1, he could be the guy for Boston, but I have to think he'll be off the board when the B's turn comes.
Explains the grins they had walking to the podium. Sounds good to me.

acr*

I'm more or less indifferent with this pick. It is a weak draft and none of the guys that were available at this point in the draft would be able to come in and play in the next 2 seasons probably. Everyone is a project at this point.

All the same, since we went with skill in 1st round, I'd like to see us take some grit in the later rounds. Rehill and Hunter or bust.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
At least 10-15 guys I take before this kid, another small, soft forward is not what was needed here. They have spooner and koko needed a big winger with some skill or more D depth.

Scoutiing reports that even like him say his compete level is questionable.

You see a lack of size. I see a lack of wingers who can put the puck in the net.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Explains the grins they had walking to the podium. Sounds good to me.

I don't do twitter but Kirks in Afghanistan tweeting right now about this kid. He loves the pick. Kid is NOT soft. 'Will go to the dirty areas and plays with moxie Bruins fans will love'.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
You see a lack of size. I see a lack of wingers who can put the puck in the net.
Thank you. I am sick of drafting size and grit. Without guys with skill who can score, where does that get you. This kid has tons of skill and undoubtedly would have gone earlier if not for his mid season injury. To me it's like getting a top 15 talent despite winning the president's trophy. Sounds like a bonus to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad