Confirmed with Link: Bruins Select David Pastrnak w the 25th overall pick in the 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Everyone is a rokie at some point, byt a lot of those guys you mentioned didnt play fulltime until 4 or more years after being drafted. Ornot drafted at all. So 5 years isnt really a stretch.

spooner was drafted 4 years ago and he hasnt cracked the lineup yet but he's cpnsidereda top prospect.

I see Artemis took great offense to my 5 year prediction (via someone else quoting her). Lucic came in @ 230pds, Hamilton came in @ 6'5 -200pds. Both were ready to play against NHL men. Seguin was forced in as a top2 pick. The rest of the guys listed all had significant time ({4+ years) to develop before being full time players. I suggest the same will be needed for the newest shiny toy and I'm some kind of anti-Bruin, Julien-hating jerk?

Year 1: back in Swe -1
Year 2: hopefully get feet wet in SweHL
Year 3: become important player for team in SweHL
Year 4: Providence w some call-ups
Year 5: Boston --maybe split time?

Reactions: Strafer

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
FFS he's 18 years old. He still has some growing to do and no doubt he'll be adding muscle to his frame. If he was 22 and this slight yeah I'd be worried. As for the rest of it there isn't anything he can't correct. Give the kid a chance before writing him off will you? :shakehead

He's not saying anything negative about him... He's pointing out his flaws. Every single player has/had them. Hamilton needed to get a lot bigger and his defensive game was putrid. Seguin needed to get better and his defensive game needed work. Spooner, same deal. He'll get that taken care of in Sweden and/or Providence. We don't need him for a while, he'll have plenty of time.

He's a late first round pick, he has work to do. We're not worried, it's just what he has to do.

I see Artemis took great offense to my 5 year prediction (via someone else quoting her). Lucic came in @ 230pds, Hamilton came in @ 6'5 -200pds. Both were ready to play against NHL men. Seguin was forced in as a top2 pick. The rest of the guys listed all had significant time ({4+ years) to develop before being full time players. I suggest the same will be needed for the newest shiny toy and I'm some kind of anti-Bruin, Julien-hating jerk?

This is probably what will happen... Maybe a year less in Sweden, maybe a year more. Depends on how he develops. I trust both Sweden and Providence, both are great developmental programs. Providence won't teach you much offensively but he'll learn his defensive game for sure. If you're an important player in the SHL you're on the right track... Hope he follows that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
FFS he's 18 years old. He still has some growing to do and no doubt he'll be adding muscle to his frame. If he was 22 and this slight yeah I'd be worried. As for the rest of it there isn't anything he can't correct. Give the kid a chance before writing him off will you? :shakehead

:handclap: Great post from a wise woman.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
This is probably what will happen... Maybe a year less in Sweden, maybe a year more. Depends on how he develops. I trust both Sweden and Providence, both are great developmental programs. Providence won't teach you much offensively but he'll learn his defensive game for sure. If you're an important player in the SHL you're on the right track... Hope he follows that. :)

Providence was a top ten league-wide AHL offence last season and played at a fast-paced tempo. Pastrnak will feel right at home.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Your comment "Under Julien? Five years" might have had something to do with that.

Lucic is a physical freak - few 18-year-olds are built the way he is - and even he spent a year in Junior after he was drafted, as did Hamilton.

The earlier post citing Pastrnak's deficiencies in bold, no less, could be applied to 99 percent of this year's draft, and were obviously cited by the poster to denigrate him. "Small, soft as dog****," a sign of the apocalypse that the Bruins are changing their philosophy, they're going to be run out of the rink in a few years, they're not drafting Canadian Juniors, all have been overboard responses to this draft.

As for Pastrnak, he's eligible for the AHL this season, and it's not improbable, considering he already left home at 15 to play hockey, that he ends up there this fall, or perhaps next year. It will of course depend on many factors, but he has no strong ties to Sweden; it's not home to him.

Reactions: Strafer
Mar 11, 2013
QC

Seeing conservative posts like this in hindsight is always great :laugh:

Year 1: Tears up the AHL, becomes an NHL regular
Year 2: .50 PPG NHL regular
Year 3: 34G 70P and becomes a star
Year 4: emerges as one of the best wingers in the game at 35G 80P
Year 5: one of the best offensive weapons in the league, in contention for the Richard

I was always very high on him but who would've thought

Reactions: Chief Nine

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well.....I gotta hand it to Kirk. He seemed to have nailed it way back then.

But since the intent of revival of this thread was to flame others, I think we’re done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad