Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No negative opinions about our prospects allowed or you will have to deal with overused retorts like this one!

You running around the forum whining about how people can't be negative is hilarious. It's a strange form of "white knighting". You must not read this place much though. It's constantly negative.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
No negative opinions about our prospects allowed or you will have to deal with overused retorts like this one!

Its not that i found it to be a negative comment, I thought it was a ridiculous comment to say "Zboril, Senyshyn, JFK aren't valued". If someone isn't happy with their progression or questions skill etc I wouldn't normally say much but when someone says something that I think is ridiculous, yes, I will say something because in my opinion to say those three aren't valued is negative sensationalism and seems beyond even "glass half empty".

BTW, feel free to look at my history of posting and you will see many negative comments and if that's not enough feel free to quote my sarcasm about being VP of communication of David Backes fan club.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No, it’s just dumb to suggest they aren’t valued at all

They’re not gonna be the centerpiece of a significant trade but they’ve got value

I’d say at this point senyshyns value is all but gone. Jared Knight was dealt at about this time post draft for an already busted Zach philips. Senyshyn has been more productive than Knight was but maybe not enough so that his value would warrant anything more than maybe a 4th or something.

Reactions: since76

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I’d say at this point senyshyns value is all but gone. Jared Knight was dealt at about this time post draft for an already busted Zach philips. Senyshyn has been more productive than Knight was but maybe not enough so that his value would warrant anything more than maybe a 4th or something.

Jared Knight and Zach Senyshyn aren't even comparable prospects?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Jared Knight and Zach Senyshyn aren't even comparable prospects?

In knights first full season in providence outside of the 10 game injury riddled one he had 19 points in 58 games. Senyshyn had 26 in 66. .39 ppg to .32 ppg. Senyshyn had a better season but not overwhelmingly. The 2nd year is the real difference where knight had 10 points in 52 games and senyshyn has currently 24 in 56. So while Knight regressed signifantly, senyshyn has more or less plateaued (I’d be surprised if senyshyn scores as many even strength goals this year compared to last year; 12-9). So yes senyshyn has more value than Knight did since he didn’t take a step backward, but not taking a step forward either really has a negative impact on his value. I’d say going into last year he had the value of a 2nd-3rd round pick. And between his 2 seasons at providence it’s probably dropped to a 4.

That means 2 things.
1: he shouldn’t be traded considering there isn’t a point giving up on a high ceiling player for no real reason.

2: since he shouldn’t be traded considering the return he would garner be essentially has no real value on the trade market.

The other 2 prospects mentioned in zboril and jfk I think could offer some meaning in terms of a sweetener in a larger deal. Both of them have played in the nhl to this point and specifically in regards to zboril, he’s been a mainstay in the top 4 all season long as a 21-22 year old. Also considering the fact he’s a defensemen (they take longer) there is still a higher chance of him becoming a top 4 nhl dman long term.

When it comes to senyshyn the odds are stacked against him to become a top 6 forward and based on the way it’s been reported, his willingness/overall ability to transform his game into that of a bottom 6 grinder has not been a smooth or easy transition.

Ive been saying for a while the projection for him is Danny paille or magnus paajarvi, with a ceiling of a higher impact player and the floor of never an nhl player. After two seasons I’m starting to think the ceiling is MPS and the projection/floor is ahl level player

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
In knights first full season in providence outside of the 10 game injury riddled one he had 19 points in 58 games. Senyshyn had 26 in 66. .39 ppg to .32 ppg. Senyshyn had a better season but not overwhelmingly. The 2nd year is the real difference where knight had 10 points in 52 games and senyshyn has currently 24 in 56. So while Knight regressed signifantly, senyshyn has more or less plateaued (I’d be surprised if senyshyn scores as many even strength goals this year compared to last year; 12-9). So yes senyshyn has more value than Knight did since he didn’t take a step backward, but not taking a step forward either really has a negative impact on his value. I’d say going into last year he had the value of a 2nd-3rd round pick. And between his 2 seasons at providence it’s probably dropped to a 4.

That means 2 things.
1: he shouldn’t be traded considering there isn’t a point giving up on a high ceiling player for no real reason.

2: since he shouldn’t be traded considering the return he would garner be essentially has no real value on the trade market.

The other 2 prospects mentioned in zboril and jfk I think could offer some meaning in terms of a sweetener in a larger deal. Both of them have played in the nhl to this point and specifically in regards to zboril, he’s been a mainstay in the top 4 all season long as a 21-22 year old. Also considering the fact he’s a defensemen (they take longer) there is still a higher chance of him becoming a top 4 nhl dman long term.

When it comes to senyshyn the odds are stacked against him to become a top 6 forward and based on the way it’s been reported, his willingness/overall ability to transform his game into that of a bottom 6 grinder has not been a smooth or easy transition.

Ive been saying for a while the projection for him is Danny paille or magnus paajarvi, with a ceiling of a higher impact player and the floor of never an nhl player. After two seasons I’m starting to think the ceiling is MPS and the projection/floor is ahl level player
Everybody in hockey world knew the value of senyshyn the day he were drafted. It is why so many commentators laught of bruins . Today it is just a confirmation of something already knew.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
The primary difference between Jared Knight and Zach Senyshyn is that Bruins nation loved the Knight pick...and jumped on the Knight Train from day one. The kid got the benefit of the doubt even as it became clear he wouldn't have a future in the NHL.

Meanwhile, poor Zach wakes up every morning knowing a large segment of Bruins nation is pulling for him to fail simply so that their disdain for Sweeney is validated.

Even if Sweeney and company did botch that particular pick - let it go.

Root for the player!

Reactions: CDJ

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Just a heads up Victor Berglund is currently playing in the Allsvenskan Playoffs for MODO.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

That means 2 things.

This is pure stupidity. You are trying to compare to players on points rather than the more important parts like play style or position which aren't the same at all.
Everybody in hockey world knew the value of senyshyn the day he were drafted. It is why so many commentators laught of bruins . Today it is just a confirmation of something already knew.
You do know that Ottawa wanted him at 18.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
This is pure stupidity. You are trying to compare to players on points rather than the more important parts like play style or position which aren't the same at all.

The fact that senyshyn has been on the bottom 2 lines the last 2 years to “help round out his game” is the identical narrative that knight had in his time... Just another similarity

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Where is the evidence for that? (Rumors and hearsay don't count.)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Just a heads up Victor Berglund is currently playing in the Allsvenskan Playoffs for MODO.

I'm ashamed to say that I often forget about him, but I was just checking his stats and he finished first among u20 defensemen in the Allsvenskan. That doesn't speak to how he played as a whole, and it is in a tier 2 league, but it's always good to see prospects have success.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I'm ashamed to say that I often forget about him, but I was just checking his stats and he finished first among u20 defensemen in the Allsvenskan. That doesn't speak to how he played as a whole, and it is in a tier 2 league, but it's always good to see prospects have success.
He actually played for the big team this year and is currently playing for them.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Like I said they play different positions, are different size, and play different games so you whole similarity thing is complete bull****.

Knight was a right shot wing, senyshyn is a right shot wing. Both have underperformed professionally from what was expected. Both were given bottom 6 minutes in providence despite high draft slot. Both had/have adamant supporters on the board that assure the leery posters that playing low minutes in checking lines is for development not an indictment of their skill. “They already know he’s a potent goal scorer who’ll dominate in the top 6, he needs to get his defensive game right so he can truly dominate.”- - common rebuttal if you question their role on the ahl team. They are quite similar despite the fact that senyshyn is 2 inches taller and 6 pounds lighter. Sure knight was known more as a hard checking power forward and senyshyn a speed demon power forward. So yes their skill sets aren’t the same. But the path to the nhl has been to this point.

Step one: drafted by Boston
Step two: play bottom 6 and underwhelm in providence.
Step 3: dumped.

We will see if step 3 happens for senyshyn but like I said, I’d be more surprised if he turns into the 25-30 goal power wing than if they dump him for the Zach Phillips equivalent.

Still think he has a shot at a 10-15 goal a year bottom 6 guy, but the hope of anything more is dwindling overall, and for me personally that hope is gone

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Where is the evidence for that? (Rumors and hearsay don't count.)

Any evidence its untrue?

When i do snake drafts for fantasy i might have picks 20 and 21 and picks 40 and 41

A guy is rated 40 by the league... but i have him 18 on my list.

Do i hope no one else has him higher than 40?

Trust me... i take who i need to make my rotisery scoring formula work and i win around 90% of my drafts

You got to pick who you want when you can because someone else might go off the board too. Trust yourself and take who you want

I dont win around 10% of my drafts so sometimes it doesnt work

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Knight was a right shot wing, senyshyn is a right shot wing. Both have underperformed professionally from what was expected. Both were given bottom 6 minutes in providence despite high draft slot. Both had/have adamant supporters on the board that assure the leery posters that playing low minutes in checking lines is for development not an indictment of their skill. “They already know he’s a potent goal scorer who’ll dominate in the top 6, he needs to get his defensive game right so he can truly dominate.”- - common rebuttal if you question their role on the ahl team. They are quite similar despite the fact that senyshyn is 2 inches taller and 6 pounds lighter. Sure knight was known more as a hard checking power forward and senyshyn a speed demon power forward. So yes their skill sets aren’t the same. But the path to the nhl has been to this point.

Step one: drafted by Boston
Step two: play bottom 6 and underwhelm in providence.
Step 3: dumped.

We will see if step 3 happens for senyshyn but like I said, I’d be more surprised if he turns into the 25-30 goal power wing than if they dump him for the Zach Phillips equivalent.

Still think he has a shot at a 10-15 goal a year bottom 6 guy, but the hope of anything more is dwindling overall, and for me personally that hope is gone

Bobby orr was named bobby... and he was really good

I want the team to draft all guys named bobby this year

(They can also draft waynes and gordies and connors but no syds or marios)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad