Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I have to wonder why all 31 teams have passed on this kid over the years? I haven`t seen him play 1 second so I certainly can`t comment on him. Hope maybe Dom or one of our Hf friend`s here who get to see him play could chime in.

Can`t help but love the size, clearly he has some hands, wondering if his skating is an issue or some other glaring issue with part of his game which left him undrafted?
One can assume it took him a bit of time to grow into his size and develope his game. Only seen him on TV and not much but he is well worth the risk due to no cost to acquire other than a contract spot. There have been plenty of players passed over in the draft that went on to stellar or good careers. Hope the Bruins are his choice for a landing spot.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Michael Dal Colle took a step forward after two mediocre to bad AHL seasons. Still hasn't translated into being a good NHL player, but being a PPG player in the AHL is better than where he was year ago. Hopefully Senyshyn can do something similar. There's just no getting away from the fact that 15th overall pick being under 0.5ppg player in their second consecutive AHL season looks pretty bad.
I would love the Bruins to get DalColle, have known the family and kid for many years now. All he needs is some time with a patient coach at the NHL level. Trust me, he can play everyday in the NHL as he has always been a 200 ft player. His issue is that he has had trouble scoring at the NHL level, being drafted 5th overall, there is an expectation that you will be a 20+++ goal scorer. Give ZS some more time and be patient with him. He has the speed to play at the NHL level now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One can assume it took him a bit of time to grow into his size and develope his game. Only seen him on TV and not much but he is well worth the risk due to no cost to acquire other than a contract spot. There have been plenty of players passed over in the draft that went on to stellar or good careers. Hope the Bruins are his choice for a landing spot.

Thx, what is his skating like? I understand plenty of undrafted player have gone onto good/great things in the NHL but wondering if there is a part of his game that scouts have been/were/still are a bit leery of?

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I don't know where to put this as he's not a Bruins prospect (just interest), but good grief :eek::eek:

Maybe people will stop talking about Donato if this kid comes here. Sounds promising but never seen him play, numbers can only say so much.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Thx, what is his skating like? I understand plenty of undrafted player have gone onto good/great things in the NHL but wondering if there is a part of his game that scouts have been/were/still are a bit leery of?
For me his skating is good, not super but good, it has come a long way from where he started. My thought is given some time at the pro level he should develope into a serviceable pro with lots of upside. Players with this type of skill and size don’t come around that often, he is well worth the risk, which I believe is minimal.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What is the ranking of the Bruins center prospects at this moment??

Studnicka
Frederic
JFK

?

a little worried about this, especially since Bergy and Krejci are not getting any younger

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Maybe people will stop talking about Donato if this kid comes here. Sounds promising but never seen him play, numbers can only say so much.
Why would people stop talking about Donato? Different players, different skills, different sizes, different career situations.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

Studnicka
Frederic
JFK

?

a little worried about this, especially since Bergy and Krejci are not getting any younger
You have Steen and Hughes high up after this season. You also have Pare who has had a strong season and finally you have Hall and Shen.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I have to wonder why all 31 teams have passed on this kid over the years? I haven`t seen him play 1 second so I certainly can`t comment on him. Hope maybe Dom or one of our Hf friend`s here who get to see him play could chime in.

Can`t help but love the size, clearly he has some hands, wondering if his skating is an issue or some other glaring issue with part of his game which left him undrafted?

Made my comments in the Providence thread.

I don't care how old he is. What you have to understand is this is a Stan Butler coached team (one of the best teachers in the game, but I don't have time to explain what that means to you). No one puts up those kind of numbers on a Butler team. Not rookies, 2nd year players or overagers.

I had him ranked 50th from the OHL in 2016 which would have made him a 7th rounder. Would look pretty good now at that pick.

I've talked to the kid multiple times. I don't know where Anthony got his info from, but I trust him. I haven't heard a whisper about it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Made my comments in the Providence thread.

I don't care how old he is. What you have to understand is this is a Stan Butler coached team (one of the best teachers in the game, but I don't have time to explain what that means to you). No one puts up those kind of numbers on a Butler team. Not rookies, 2nd year players or overagers.

I had him ranked 50th from the OHL in 2016 which would have made him a 7th rounder. Would look pretty good now at that pick.

I've talked to the kid multiple times. I don't know where Anthony got his info from, but I trust him. I haven't heard a whisper about it.
Thanks Dom, didn`t see the comments there, I`ll go check em out

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That’s amazing, Dom, to go from such low ranking to now put himself in high demand with the ability to pick his own team.

We all would love some big power right wingers on this roster.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Studnicka
Frederic
JFK

?

I`d be far more concerned if either was showing they are slowing down

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That’s amazing, Dom, to go from such low ranking to now put himself in high demand with the ability to pick his own team.

We all would love some big power right wingers on this roster.

I wouldn't call it a low ranking, more like "showing potential, long term project type."

I had him ranked in 3 consecutive drafts. Just felt the potential was there and someone would have to help untap that potential.

I get it that there are independent scouting services that will rank the top 300, some even go 400 or more. But only 217 players get drafted so I always ask myself "what's the point?"

I like to stick to the guys I feel should be drafted. I'm surprised no one took a flyer on him up until now.

Time will tell.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Why would people stop talking about Donato? Different players, different skills, different sizes, different career situations.

Because he's no longer on our team, and this board needs a new pet to talk about.

Donato was our next "guy" . Now he's gone, time to move on to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad