Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I saw Bjork and a bunch of the rookies this morning. He's looking significantly stronger and thicker than the rest of the rookie crop.
I thought he looked big last fall as well.
I think that he will do very well and will be in the starting lineup next month. He's just too talented not to be there.
Just hope for him not to be snakebit again at the start. He looked so good for those first 10 games or so, but couldn't buy a point, and then for whatever reason, he started playing extremely poorly - giving up on pursuit, avoiding contact, etc. He's probably due some early luck with the way things have gone with him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd have Bjork on the top line.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman/Senyshyn
Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn/Kuhlman

ya I think one of Bjork or Heinen needs to play up given that there won't be any proven NHL top 6 guys signed for the spot. Kuhlman with Coyle and Heinen might be a nice line too as you have it. Bjork on a 3rd line as a LW might look good too. This should be an interesting camp

Reactions: Estlin

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I saw Bjork and a bunch of the rookies this morning. He's looking significantly stronger and thicker than the rest of the rookie crop.

Still very much rooting for this kid. I still think he has a higher ceiling than Heinen and maybe even a DeBrusk(not saying he’s better or anything).

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They get man handled by the Blues, are too small and non physical up front and people are adding Senyshyn and Bjork to a forward group with bruisers like Heinen. Try Ritchie on the third line and Frederic there as well, either at center or LW, move Coyle to Krecji's line. Makes as much sense as Bjork or Heinen on the top line.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I love how people have Bjork on the first line already because he appears to be 'in the best shape of his life'. He's missed a lot of time. And he needs to be able to avoid the big hits which have cost him a lot of time so far.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They get man handled by the Blues, are too small and non physical up front and people are adding Senyshyn and Bjork to a forward group with bruisers like Heinen. Try Ritchie on the third line and Frederic there as well, either at center or LW, move Coyle to Krecji's line. Makes as much sense as Bjork or Heinen on the top line.

Yeah! Two guys who can barely keep up with the pace of play on the 3rd line! That'd be so fun to watch.

Reactions: Estlin and BBB24

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I love how people have Bjork on the first line already because he appears to be 'in the best shape of his life'. He's missed a lot of time. And he needs to be able to avoid the big hits which have cost him a lot of time so far.

I would put Bjork on the top line because he’s already played there (and well) and it would allow Pastrnak to go on the second line and help to spread out the offense.

And it was one big hit only.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I would put Bjork on the top line because he’s already played there (and well) and it would allow Pastrnak to go on the second line and help to spread out the offense.

Actually, it was the Martin hit against Toronto that set him back in the NHL, and a big hit with Providence that, IIRC, caused his season ending injury last year. Then add in the Beauchemin cross check that ended his rookie season, and you have reason to wait and see. Hopefully it's not a trend. That being said, like everyone else, I hope that he is successful.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

My feeling with the first line is that you put the worst possible player there that isn't a detriment to Marchand and Bergeron. Obviously that's subjective (and a little bit crazy), but the stats show that they can basically play well with anyone, so take advantage of that and spread the scoring talent throughout the line-up.

Another way to do it would be to worry about building the 2nd and 3rd lines first, and then take the best player left and put them with Marchand and Bergeron.

I'm sure that idea sounds crazy, but I think they need to be more flexible with the first line this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad