Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
FWIW the line combination of debrusk-krejci-Pastrnak had the following:

Goals for %: 71.4%
Shot attempt %: 54.2%
Goalie save percentage: .966

Though it was a relatively small sample size, they performed very well together in their short time together... Obviously that third line will be up for debate, but the top two really shouldn’t be.

I think the sample is too small to be meaningful. That goal for % is based on 3 goals. For comparison's sake, here are some other small sample combo's that did well...

DeBrusk - Krejci - Pasta: Corsi: 61.25 / Rel Corsi: 8.34
Heinen - Krejci - Pasta: Corsi: 67.92 / Rel Corsi: 14.81
Cehlarik - Krejci - DeBrusk: Corsi: 71.43 / Rel Corsi: 16.17
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman: Corsi: 72.73 / Rel Corsi: 17.17

I don't know if there's anything meaningful in that set either but it lines up more with my eyeball test, and the Heinen-Krejci-Pasta line fits more with my impression that a Krejci-Pasta combo would do better with a LW who passes more.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Didn’t Krejci work well when he took over for an injured to Bergeron and centered Marchand & Pastrnak.

Pastrnak & DeBrusk seem to have great chemistry at least off the ice. I’ve seen them at functions together and in warmups they have a bromance going. Doesn’t mean it clicks on ice but I’m guessing they’d like it to.

What about flipping Marchand and DeBrusk or is that too radical.

Coyle would actually interest me with DeBrusk but then you are really messing things up

The solution would be for Senyshyn become a 22 year old Corey Perry

Krejci worked great with Marchand and Pasta, but I think it's too radical to think they'll swap Bergeron and Krejci or even Marchand and DeBrusk. They're locked into Marchand-Bergeron.

Fwiw, DeBrusk-Krejci-Coyle also had a higher corsi than DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta, but again, I don't know how much stock I put in those numbers.

There is a chance DeBrusk will pass more in his 3rd season. He passed a lot as a rookie... 27 assists in first year, 15 goals. 27 goals in his second year, 15 assists. So the numbers flip flopped. Maybe he'll find that 30/30 balance this year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci worked great with Marchand and Pasta, but I think it's too radical to think they'll swap Bergeron and Krejci or even Marchand and DeBrusk. They're locked into Marchand-Bergeron.

Fwiw, DeBrusk-Krejci-Coyle also had a higher corsi than DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta, but again, I don't know how much stock I put in those numbers.

There is a chance DeBrusk will pass more in his 3rd season. He passed a lot as a rookie... 27 assists in first year, 15 goals. 27 goals in his second year, 15 assists. So the numbers flip flopped. Maybe he'll find that 30/30 balance this year.
He was Wheeler-ish in Providence. He was a 2:1 assist to goal guy

Not sure what happened

His prorated season last year was 33 goals but I’d rather see balance and 30:30 would be better than 35:20 to me

Reactions: PlayMakers

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
He was Wheeler-ish in Providence. He was a 2:1 assist to goal guy

Not sure what happened

His prorated season last year was 33 goals but I’d rather see balance and 30:30 would be better than 35:20 to me
Krejci as good a playmaker and thinker as anyone in the league, is what happened. Same as what will happen with Senyshyn if they so choose, I imagine. As long as DK exists and can still somewhat skate he'll make any kid they pick look pretty good. Donny's as lucky as he is smart. Maybe he is just one of those and I'm not perceptive enough to see which yet though

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Hahahahhaha. Pronman today is trying to walk back his zero-ranking of Lauzon:

I’ve rated a lot of players during the farm ranking series and received a lot of … let’s call it feedback on various players evaluations. Most of the time I don’t budge because the arguments don’t sway me. But one player I think I might have underrated was Bruins defenseman Jeremy Lauzon. I maintain what I said in that his offensive upside is limited, but with his skating, compete level and how he looked up with the Bruins, he should have been higher on their team ranking.

Last edited:

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017

I’ve rated a lot of players during the farm ranking series and received a lot of … let’s call it feedback on various players evaluations. Most of the time I don’t budge because the arguments don’t sway me. But one player I think I might have underrated was Bruins defenseman Jeremy Lauzon. I maintain what I said in that his offensive upside is limited, but with his skating, compete level and how he looked up with the Bruins, he should have been higher on their team ranking.
He's self richeous asf for a guy that's consistently wrong

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What's even funnier is that the picture he uses in the article is Connor Clifton, not Lauzon.

I don't think he knows who Lauzon is. He probably copy-pasted some old scouting report and didn't even realize he played in the NHL last year.

Reactions: MetM

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

maybe he thought it was zach lauzon.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i have a hard time buying into pronman being this uber prospect warrior
based on what i know and have heard about him in the past. good for him for fooling enough people i guess. there's
at least 1 guy who covers the bruins who has many fooled as well :laugh:

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsNetwork

I'm really starting to wonder about Axel's one-on-one defending. Last month he got dangled hard twice by Raphael Lavoie. If was the biggest fan of the guy but his confidence is shot right now and I don't know how playing in the AHL is going to help that.

I don't think Andersson is good in one-on-one defending situations and that's one of his biggest deficiencies, IMO. With that being said, Andersson actually looked really good in this latest tournament. His one-on-one defense wasn't "bad," aside from that one clip with Lauko, but I wouldn't say it was "good." His timing was much better, which is something I've been critical of, during the games I saw.

Andersson definitely would be better off playing more minutes in the CHL, but I know of some people close to the organization saying that the development staff likes the idea of him in Providence where he can be monitored and mentored more closely. We'll have to see where he ends up, but I don't have a strong opinion either way, whether he plays in the CHL or AHL.

Lauko had an excellent showing in this tournament and looks like he's teetering on the line between "breaking out" and "steady progress." This kid is someone who's shown me a little bit more in each of his tournaments, camps or scrimmages I've seen him in. During the last few games in U20, I was really taken back by how creative he was all of a sudden. Every time he touches the ice he's shot out of a cannon, but this set of games he's brought that creative, high-end creativity aspect with him. I don't think that's sustainable as he doesn't project to be some big-time playmaker, but it was nice to see him try some moves with confidence.

Lauko was bringing his regular, electric, energetic game to the ice with every shift. He was turning defenders with ease and making power moves to the net by cutting outside-to-inside. His edge work, skating and speed is high-end, especially in-tight. Loved what I saw out of him and he's definitely someone primed for a breakout this year in what will hopefully be Providence.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
maybe he thought it was zach lauzon.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i have a hard time buying into pronman being this uber prospect warrior
based on what i know and have heard about him in the past. good for him for fooling enough people i guess. there's
at least 1 guy who covers the bruins who has many fooled as well :laugh:

He could very well be confusing them. He keeps saying Jeremy has no offense and his numbers in the AHL have been low but he was a PPG guy his last two years of junior. Zach, meanwhile, was never a scorer.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He could very well be confusing them. He keeps saying Jeremy has no offense and his numbers in the AHL have been low but he was a PPG guy his last two years of junior. Zach, meanwhile, was never a scorer.

the guy is also a habs fan and apologist, so we have to take that into account as well

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

In regards to your first paragraph I was waiting for Butch to make the switch in the finals but never happened

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
For the life of me I cannot figure out why Boston hasnt released a roster for Buffalo. Even if it were a partial roster none would complain if we added someone late.

If I were running the franchise. I would be doing my best to release information and stories like these just as a way to keep diehard fans eating and breathing Black and Gold.

What's the downside for a sport that is so dependent on fire hard fans?

Reactions: Ratty

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
As far as I know, McFaul will be attending.

My tweet was about an undrafted right shot d-man that a lot of hockey minds were shocked he wasn't drafted. Attended development camp of another team, so they'd probably have the inside edge.

View attachment 251571

I might be bias cause I’ve actually seen McFaul play in person a couple times as opposed to a few other bruins prospects that I haven’t seen at all, but I honestly have a hard time putting him outside of our top 10 prospects.

I truly believe in 4 or 5 years he can cement himself as a really strong 3rd pairing defender with the ability to move up in case of injury. Honestly kind of confuses me how little he gets talked about here, but I credit that to him being a project type prospect who isn’t really close yet.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As far as I know, McFaul will be attending.

My tweet was about an undrafted right shot d-man that a lot of hockey minds were shocked he wasn't drafted. Attended development camp of another team, so they'd probably have the inside edge.

View attachment 251571

Constantinou will definitely be with the Kings for their tournament from Sept 7-10

Told now McFaul will not be in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->