Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would put Bjork on the top line because he’s already played there (and well) and it would allow Pastrnak to go on the second line and help to spread out the offense.

And it was one big hit only.
He had 3 points in 20 games, how is that playing well. Ritchie or Frederic can produce that offense with Bergeron and Marchand

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Went to game 7 ?
Bigger team that can counter the Blues size and aggressiveness with their own size and aggressiveness most likely wins. Blues manhandled them in my opionion, was truly sad to see, like watching the team that reached the 1990 finals spend the whole season playing "turn the cheek and take the powerplay" hockey.

Columbus, bigger, tougher more aggressive team beats the NHL's dream team Tampa, Islanders beat Pens, Blues beat Sharks, Bruins(who were bigger and tougher than the Leafs) beat the Leafs, Leafs have responded by getting a bit tougher to try and counter Bruins.

Seems like getting some size and being more aggressive might be a good idea.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He had 3 points in 20 games, how is that playing well. Ritchie or Frederic can produce that offense with Bergeron and Marchand

Doubt it. Neither can even keep up.

Funny how you cherry pick stats. He had 12 points in 30 games the season before. That's a 0.40 PPG pace. Not bad for a rookie.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bigger team that can counter the Blues size and aggressiveness with their own size and aggressiveness most likely wins. Blues manhandled them in my opionion, was truly sad to see, like watching the team that reached the 1990 finals spend the whole season playing "turn the cheek and take the powerplay" hockey.

Columbus, bigger, tougher more aggressive team beats the NHL's dream team Tampa, Islanders beat Pens, Blues beat Sharks, Bruins(who were bigger and tougher than the Leafs) beat the Leafs, Leafs have responded by getting a bit tougher to try and counter Bruins.

Seems like getting some size and being more aggressive might be a good idea.

And we still beat CBus in 6.

Bruins had the right mix of size, speed and skill to go all the way to G7. MoJo couldn't cash in on two glorious chances. Marchand's shot hits Binnington's armpit hair. A little more skill ( or luck ) and that 1st period ends ends 3-0 Bruins, which would have been game.

Bruins are on the right path with their current mix on the pro team and the prospects coming up look like the can further improve on that.

Reactions: Lo97 and Scruffy

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Saw him live providence bruins and prospects games. He really didn’t jump out. Thought he looked better first time playing in Boston. Thinking he faces some very tough competition. It won’t be easy.

He had 10 points in 13 games in Providence last year

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I love how people have Bjork on the first line already because he appears to be 'in the best shape of his life'. He's missed a lot of time. And he needs to be able to avoid the big hits which have cost him a lot of time so far.

I mean he's an option if he earns it at camp. He's got the talent to play up there and he's played with those too before. I think its more people tweaking rosters trying to see possible combinations.

Reactions: Blowfish

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Looks like Trent Frederic added a step . . .“Everything we do is with intention and with the purpose of being better at hockey,” LoVecchio told WEEI.com in a recent phone call. “And I think that over the course of the summer Trent got a lot faster too. He went from being second or third in my pro group in sprints, to winning every race the last few weeks. It was kind of like a joke, he was crushing everyone.”

Prospect Trent Frederic got faster with help from an ex-Bruins hopeful

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Looks like Trent Frederic added a step . . .“Everything we do is with intention and with the purpose of being better at hockey,” LoVecchio told WEEI.com in a recent phone call. “And I think that over the course of the summer Trent got a lot faster too. He went from being second or third in my pro group in sprints, to winning every race the last few weeks. It was kind of like a joke, he was crushing everyone.”

Now this is interesting. That was something f I noticed he lacked. Good on him. He has all the other prerequisites

Reactions: Bun Cook

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
i'm curious, on which day will he be waived? i'll say september 29.

Wait. Aren’t you the guy who predicted Boston wouldn’t qualify him this season? If he didn’t improve in key areas he will either be traded or waived. I still maintain bruins brass like him. Not so sure about coaching staff. I’m leaning towards he gets traded.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Wait. Aren’t you the guy who predicted Boston wouldn’t qualify him this season? If he didn’t improve in key areas he will either be traded or waived. I still maintain bruins brass like him. Not so sure about coaching staff. I’m leaning towards he gets traded.

nope, not me. i do believe he has value around the league and several teams have asked
about him. would love it if he was traded - to lose him for nothing would be poor asset
management. don't think he can improve his skating enough to make a difference (along
with his sloppy play with the puck and defensive zone weaknesses)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I just noticed Axel Andersson has a European clause in his contract for this season. So his options are NHL, AHL, QMJHL or Europe. Contract would still slide in Europe or the Q.

My guess is he'll be playing in the Q unless McAvoy and/or Carlo aren't inked by the start of the season which means he'll be in the AHL.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Of all the Providence Bruins players over the years the nicest to the kids I witnessed was Lovecchio

I heard he was doing this - so great to see he’s working with Frederic

The Bruins are internally very high on Frederic- a lot higher than the HF crowd

I think he’s going to put up Joel Otto type production as a high end third line 200 foot center

The size the Bruins will have down the Middle is significant

Studnicka measures at 6’2
Frederic 6’3
Coyle 6’3

Beecher is huge

One thing getting big guys but these 4 should all be top 9 skill wise with defensive games

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Will zboril make it this year?
I dunno, but this is promising (article from the athletic by Fluto):

The Checkers’ strength gave P-Bruins Coach Jay Leach the opportunity to evaluate which of his defenders were best suited for the task.

“Jakub Zboril and Cooper Zech were probably our two best players defensively last year in the playoffs,” said the Providence coach. “It’ll be interesting to see what happens with those guys.”

Reactions: maxbme and Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->