Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If this prospect pool was so great why arent Senyshyn, Zboril, JFK, Lauzon or Bjork up and contributing instead of falling down the prospect rankings or playing in Sweden?

These were all top five prospect in 2016 and all are big question mark's now, guess it wasn't such a great pool after all.

20 of 25 make it and you focus on the 5 that don't. Classic pessimist.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
20 of 25 make it and you focus on the 5 that don't. Classic pessimist.
Whatever give my best to your pops Donnie Sweeney, you have no clue. I'm sure in your world Colby Cave is a top line center and every Bruin pick is great and every other teams is terrible.

Reactions: Marcobruin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Whatever give my best to your pops Donnie Sweeney, you have no clue. I'm sure in your world Colby Cave is a top line center and every Bruin pick is great and every other teams is terrible.

Bruins are drafting size, grit, leadership and 200 foot type players. I like what they are doing for the most part, drafting guys with very high floors....ceilings may be limited with some, but gone are drafting "small" one dimensional centers like Spooner, Koko and JFK and in are guys like Studnicka, Beecher and Frederic...that should be up your alley I would think. Even wingers like Lauko, Hall and Olson are gritty, sand paper guys with some O skill.

I think the plan is to draft these types of guys then jump into UFA when the time comes to say goodbye to big ticket guys like Backes, Bergy, Krejci and Rask.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ok, he may be a pessimist but your just delusional. 20 of 25, get outta here.

He's just making a point with that comment that Fenian will only focus on the ones that don't make it over the ones who do.

He's 100% right as well. The bruins have had a lot of players come through the ranks over the past 5-6 years and all Fenian does is complain about the misses. It's a joke.

Reactions: Sevendust

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Bruins are drafting size, grit, leadership and 200 foot type players. I like what they are doing for the most part, drafting guys with very high floors....ceilings may be limited with some, but gone are drafting "small" one dimensional centers like Spooner, Koko and JFK and in are guys like Studnicka, Beecher and Frederic...that should be up your alley I would think. Even wingers like Lauko, Hall and Olson are gritty, sand paper guys with some O skill.

I think the plan is to draft these types of guys then jump into UFA when the time comes to say goodbye to big ticket guys like Backes, Bergy, Krejci and Rask.
I don't know why you would include JFK here considering he is the same height as Studnicka and weights more.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Aka: "You are right and I'm just being negative to be negative."

This comment was rich! I love it. :laugh:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I love the last coupe drafts, Beecher and Frederic are two of my favorite prospects in a long time, the poster I was replying to just seems to think every prospect from 2016 is superdupergreat and an impact NHL player in the future.

I know I take my shots at Sweeney but since Gretzky left I have liked the way they have drafted for the most part, talented size with grit is what I have been asking for since gretzky was drafting the Spooners, koko's, and talented midget of the week in his time here. I feel sorry for Edmonton if he is the guy who will be in charge of their drafts, they are already a mess, he could make it worse.

I would love a game beaker, be he big, tall, small, whatever in the prospect pool but that is tough where the Bruins pick and if a player like that is around in the late 20's of the draft it is usually because of character issues which I am glad they avoid. Kaliyev/Beecher this year being a perfect example. I will take a player like Beecher with size, grit, speed and no character issues over a player like Kaliyev who dropped and speculation was at the time due to character issues. I will take Beecher, who may have a lower ceiling but I am pretty sure will at least be a good third liner with size, skill and character.

Last edited:
Reactions: bme44

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's why I put small in quotes... One plays his size one doesn't.

I don’t think he’s a one dimensional player like Spooner and Koko though.

Sure he’s not physical, but he goes to the net and plays a responsible 2 way game. That’s all I ask for out of guys like him. He’s willing to take punishment as opposed to sitting around the perimeter.

I hope he has a good year in Sweden. It’s probably what’s best for him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I never said I talked to NHL ppl ...you did .
I read an article where they were describing teams and
Their futures ...I also added "for whatever that's worth"

So what you say we cease the skating (no pun intended) and
Let's hear where and how you got this first hand knowledge

You read " an " article, meaning one, and that to you was somehow " consensus among NHL people ".

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don’t think he’s a one dimensional player like Spooner and Koko though.

Sure he’s not physical, but he goes to the net and plays a responsible 2 way game. That’s all I ask for out of guys like him. He’s willing to take punishment as opposed to sitting around the perimeter.

I hope he has a good year in Sweden. It’s probably what’s best for him.

Can you or anyone refresh my memory, was there something happening in Sweden this past year that led him to go back there? Not sure why I thought it was a family illness that had him distracted or something? Thanks

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Can you or anyone refresh my memory, was there something happening in Sweden this past year that led him to go back there? Not sure why I thought it was a family illness that had him distracted or something? Thanks

There were tidbits of info during the year such as him leaving during the season for "Personal Reasons" or Mark Divver saying JFK looked like he had a lot on his mind in the locker room,stuff like that and the fact that Sweeney said he's coming back to North America after this season
I had heard family related but nothing was ever confirmed other than he's playing in Sweden this year

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You read " an " article, meaning one, and that to you was somehow " consensus among NHL people ".

NHL "people" (he put it in quotations) = people that work for the NHL

NHL media = cover the NHL

Again, the post I quoted said:

"The consensus among NHL "people" for wtv that's worth the Bruins are not one of the teams deemed for a great future at this point. Saying this does not make me negative imo just reasonable."

No link to any article, not even a mention of where the article was from. Putting quotations around "people" suggested to me he talked to NHL people.

Like I said earlier, I've actually talked to people in the NHL and all are in agreement, the Bruins are in the top 10 when it comes to players under 25. You can talk prospects who haven't graduated in a vacuum, but these under 25 players will be on the roster for some time, so you can't exclude them.

With Vaak, McAvoy, Carlo, you have a top 3 that can match up against most. Pastrnak is a top flight right wing and won't be long before he is top 5 in the league. A lot of NHL people still think there is a lot of room for DeBrusk to grow and could become a first line RW. And the vast majority feel the Bruins got a steal when they signed Keyser as a FA and he has the potential to be a true number 1.

The question they all have regarding the Bruins is down the middle. They almost all believe Studnicka/Beecher top out as very good number 2 pivots.

If that's the case, then the Bruins still have the FA market.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Seems fair, Senyshyn and Zboril will haunt Sweeney forever.

Senyshyn, I agree. You can't really fault Boston/Sweeney for Zboril, though, given that he was selected where projected to go in the draft. What you can ask is this: what tipped the scales in Zboril's favor, compared with his team-mate Chabot? The scouts obviously saw both players the same amount of time. Maybe Boston's scouts had, and still have, a type of player whom they prefer to draft and develop as a prospect.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Senyshyn, I agree. You can't really fault Boston/Sweeney for Zboril, though, given that he was selected where project to go in the draft. What you can ask is this: what tipped the scales in Zboril's favor, compared with his team-mate Chabot? The scouts obviously saw both players the same amount of time. Maybe Boston's scouts had, and still have, a type of player whom they prefer to draft and develop as a prospect.
That's fair, Zboril did go just about where he was projected. I will never understand the Senyshyn pick.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There were tidbits of info during the year such as him leaving during the season for "Personal Reasons" or Mark Divver saying JFK looked like he had a lot on his mind in the locker room,stuff like that and the fact that Sweeney said he's coming back to North America after this season
I had heard family related but nothing was ever confirmed other than he's playing in Sweden this year
thx Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille