Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Not writing off Studnicka as I said going on what I read about him. From a probability standpoint the chances of him being another krejci are lesser than greater . If we look at that nucleus i.e Bergeron Krejci lucic
Kessel(Seguin) Marchand.. where is this nucleus now? I don't see it . Not on the current roster and not in the AHL. Saying this does not make me negative imo just reasonable.
Negative people always think they’re being reasonable or realistic. I’ve never heard someone say, “I’m a pessimist.”

As for the future nucleus, a lot of it is here; Pastrnak, DeBrusk, McAvoy, Carlo...

In terms of prospects, it’s harder to predict. For example, nobody thought Krejci or Lucic would be future core pieces coming out of junior. Good players sure, but no higher touted than Studnicka or Vaak. So I agree Prospects could go either way but by the same token there are guys that we ranked outside the top10 who are going to end up being really valuable players. A guy like Boychuck wasn’t highly touted but critical in 2011. Gryz could be that guy, or a Frederic.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Respect your opinion and you have seen more of Vaak than I have but I would still move him to improve the team.

As someone who watches a lot of Providence games do you really believe there is a top 6 forward on that team right now. I would take Studnicka out of the mix because he was there for so few games.

I would move any prospect to help the team now but with this caveat ,not trading Vaakanainen for Miles Wood. Im trading Vaakanainen for someone like Anderson,big ,fast,physical 25+ goals a year type,basically top 6,no need to trade for bottom 6 for the foreseeable future, that can be easily filled internally,same with defenseman.
Your last question is a tougher one,I too would take Studnicka out along with Lauko, they both need time to adjust professionally.
Am I 100% sure there's a top 6 player,no I'm not,Bjork is an obvious candidate but I'd start him in Providence and make him force his way up,you can't count on him.
Senyshyn will get a ton of rope,maybe better off with Coyle though,I don't know if I can trust him for 40 games nevermind 82.
I think they do what they did last year,try the kids,tread water with them,they either sink or swim and if they sink make a trade

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Negative people always think they’re being reasonable or realistic. I’ve never heard someone say, “I’m a pessimist.”

As for the future nucleus, a lot of it is here; Pastrnak, DeBrusk, McAvoy, Carlo...

In terms of prospects, it’s harder to predict. For example, nobody thought Krejci or Lucic would be future core pieces coming out of junior. Good players sure, but no higher touted than Studnicka or Vaak. So I agree Prospects could go either way but by the same token there are guys that we ranked outside the top10 who are going to end up being really valuable players. A guy like Boychuck wasn’t highly touted but critical in 2011. Gryz could be that guy, or a Frederic.
I agree with your point regarding Krejci, but Lucic made the team as a 19 year old after only one post-draft season in the WHL. No one had any idea if his offensive game would grow in Boston, but someone had to have seen something in the kid to give him a roster spot that young.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I agree with your point regarding Krejci, but Lucic made the team as a 19 year old after only one post-draft season in the WHL. No one had any idea if his offensive game would grow in Boston, but someone had to have seen something in the kid to give him a roster spot that young.
I don't think they drafted him knowing he would grab a roster spot at 19. If they did they would have taken him higher. And that’s my point, prospects are unpredictable. Same goes for Carlo. People lament the misses in 2015 but Carlo would probably be a top15 pick in a re-draft. Nobody thought Carlo would jump right in, you draft on potential and you hope for the best. There are guys in our prospect pool who are going to flop and guys that are completely dismissed who are going to be terrific players. It’s fun to rank them but good prospect pools don’t always turn into good teams. A lot has to happen from draft day to the NHL, a lot of player work, a lot of coaching and a lot of management maneuvering to get these kids in the right roles where they can be successful.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Not writing off Studnicka as I said going on what I read about him. From a probability standpoint the chances of him being another krejci are lesser than greater . If we look at that nucleus i.e Bergeron Krejci lucic
Kessel(Seguin) Marchand.. where is this nucleus now? I don't see it . Not on the current roster and not in the AHL.
The consensus among NHL "people" for wtv that's worth the Bruins are not one of the teams deemed for a great future at this point. Saying this does not make me negative imo just reasonable.

Whatever. In 2016 they said it was average and it turned out to be the best in the league

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I don't think they drafted him knowing he would grab a roster spot at 19. If they did they would have taken him higher. And that’s my point, prospects are unpredictable. Same goes for Carlo. People lament the misses in 2015 but Carlo would probably be a top15 pick in a re-draft. Nobody thought Carlo would jump right in, you draft on potential and you hope for the best. There are guys in our prospect pool who are going to flop and guys that are completely dismissed who are going to be terrific players. It’s fun to rank them but good prospect pools don’t always turn into good teams. A lot has to happen from draft day to the NHL, a lot of player work, a lot of coaching and a lot of management maneuvering to get these kids in the right roles where they can be successful.
You're right. But on the Lucic/Carlo tangent, the point is we only have 10 total prospects that haven't hit the Draft+1+2nd Camp marker where Lucic and Carlo to stood out. While it doesn't mean the others cannot still surprise, they have not to this point and dialing back projected ceilings should be underway.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

It's a different team too. It's a lot tougher to make the current team

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the term "elite prospect" gets thrown around too much. There really aren't that many of them around the league, so saying the Bruins don't have one doesn't make them different from most of the other teams.

Best way to look at prospects is as lottery tickets. You want as many with a good chance at being an NHL player as possible, and I think the current Bruins' management has done a good job at keeping the cupboard filled when it comes to that.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would move any prospect to help the team now but with this caveat ,not trading Vaakanainen for Miles Wood. Im trading Vaakanainen for someone like Anderson,big ,fast,physical 25+ goals a year type,basically top 6,no need to trade for bottom 6 for the foreseeable future, that can be easily filled internally,same with defenseman.
Your last question is a tougher one,I too would take Studnicka out along with Lauko, they both need time to adjust professionally.
Am I 100% sure there's a top 6 player,no I'm not,Bjork is an obvious candidate but I'd start him in Providence and make him force his way up,you can't count on him.
Senyshyn will get a ton of rope,maybe better off with Coyle though,I don't know if I can trust him for 40 games nevermind 82.
I think they do what they did last year,try the kids,tread water with them,they either sink or swim and if they sink make a trade
Thanks, I know little about Lauko so I wont comment.

I dont advocate giving away prospects for bottom six players, I love Wood and think he could be a top 6 but I would think long and hard about moving a first or or top 3 prospect. I would happily send Senyshyn, Zboril, Bjork (not as high as you are on him) or anyone not named named Vaak, Studnicka or Beecher, I think Frederic is going to becomeca Wood type player, maybe a bit more offense.

Anderson I move two of whomever Columbus wants in the prospect pool. I see a Tom Wilson with more offense in Anderson

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kessel(Seguin) Marchand.. where is this nucleus now? I don't see it . Not on the current roster and not in the AHL.
The consensus among NHL "people" for wtv that's worth the Bruins are not one of the teams deemed for a great future at this point. Saying this does not make me negative imo just reasonable.
Bruins Future 3 years (keeping it here that’s actually long term these days)

A. GOAL

Rask at top of game signed 2 more years - he can be a UFA and resign after draft and not count against expansion protection allowing Bruins to keep one of their kids

Significant and great break for Bruins (no way Sweeney knew this would happen but has to be ecstatic how worked out)

Halak this year one of best complimentary goalies in league

Multiple plus prospects

Overall - A

DEFENSE

RHD
McAvoy 21
Carlo 22
Clifton 23
Andersson 19

LHD

Chara & Krug UFA 2020

Krug will be signed
Grzelcyk
Moore

Multi prospects

Vaakanainen
Zboril
Lauzon
Zech

GRADE (with Krug) A+

WINGERS

Level A (top 3 lines)

Marchand
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Heinen

GRADE A-

Level B (bottom line includes prospects)

Wagner
Bjork
Kuhlman
Senyshyn
Steen
Lauko

GRADE B+ (Lot of options with players that can play up)

CENTER

Group 1

Bergeron
Krejci
Coyle
Kuraly

Group 2

Frederic
Studnicka
Beecher

All the NHL guys in Group 1

Bergeron as a first line center - A
Krejci as a second line center- A
Coyle as a third line center - A
Kuraly as a fourth line center - A

Group 2 grades

Coyle 27 in March
Kuraly 26
Frederic 21
Studnicka 20
Beecher 18

All 5 are strong defensively and 6’1 or taller

GRADE A-/B+ (I believe it will end up an A but can’t project whether high floor guys will end up in top 2 lines)

Deducted assuming Bergeron & Krejci could slow down years 2 and 3

I actually ran it by a Leafs fan I know who agreed Bruins are excellent on D, deep with center prospects, and with Marchand, DeBrusk, and Pastrnak have 100+ goals on the wings

The demise talk is comical

They are built right down the Middle with size, speed, and defensively based

They got a 100 point winger in Marchand who I expect to produce over next 3 yrs

A 23 wing in Pastrnak who prorated to 49 goals last year

A 22 year old in DeBrusk who scored 27 his second year and prorated to 34

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Because a valid point has been brought up that the Bruins have blown a number of first round picks and the poster isnt drinking the kool aid about how great the prospects are he has to be a habs fan because of not buying into hive mind thinking of overrating prospects and not thinking that Heinen is a top 6 forward?

everyone is entitled to their opinion. i've been pretty vocal about their prospect pool not being terribly great.
just having a little fun with a poster who seems to complain a lot about the bruins. no offense meant. kumbaya.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
We won the cup in 2016?
Great teams win championships
Not presidents trophies or something close...
Canuks great example

The prospect pool was. You don't win with a great prospect pool now, you win later. Like now

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The prospect pool was. You don't win with a great prospect pool now, you win later. Like now

I don't see this championship type pool . Our nucleus is still consisting of players who have been great for our team but are passed their prime and have played a heckuva a lot of hockey. It would be irrational to ignore their ages and hockey played and expect them to continue to carry the team . I sure hope to see their "successors" real soon

Reactions: badbrewin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Red Sox I’m reading worst farm system in baseball

Bruins 31? I’m reading on Main Board

Bwhahahaha

Fine

Accept that grade included Michael Chavis who is up and looks like a keeper, Marco Hernandez who could be second baseman of future and playing well, Darwin Hernandez who is up and striking out 40% of batters as of last week and has electric repertoire of pitches, Bobby Dalbec who is a plus defender at the hot corner with ‘light tower’ power, plus two first round studs in Brian Mata (P) and Tristin Casas (1B)

I’m fine with the Sox at 30 with this type of suckage

Bruins will have minimum 6 guys hit full time status from their list

Hilarious what I been reading but in fairness I make it a point to know the top 300 prospects in both hockey and baseball

I already bought my Home Grown by Alex Speier yesterday

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the term "elite prospect" gets thrown around too much. There really aren't that many of them around the league, so saying the Bruins don't have one doesn't make them different from most of the other teams.

Best way to look at prospects is as lottery tickets. You want as many with a good chance at being an NHL player as possible, and I think the current Bruins' management has done a good job at keeping the cupboard filled when it comes to that.

Good post and agreed, I think that every so often there is a draft that is very deep and those highly thought of prospects might run into the mid teens as far as being one`s that have a reasonable shot to make an impact on an NHL roster but for the most part, once you start creeping north of the 6-7th spot in the draft, you drift further away from those picks.

When was the last B`s draft when they picked in the top 10? Have to think it was the Hamilton draft in 2011? I get the frustration surrounding the 2015 draft as Seny/Zboril still haven`t made any impact as professionals but you look at pretty much every team, doesn`t matter if they are a consistent bottom feeder or a consistent playoff team, all teams have far more misses than hits IMO

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

What NHL people?

Or do you mean people that "cover the NHL"?

Because I actually talk to "NHL people" and can assure you if that's what you meant, you are putting words in their mouths.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You can divulge who are these people who you talked too and what exactly do they say about the Bruins future ?
That they are going to be a force?
A decent contender?
A bubble team?
What exactly

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You can divulge who are these people who you talked too and what exactly do they say about the Bruins future ?
That they are going to be a force?
A decent contender?
A bubble team?
What exactly

Alright. I'll bite even though you're the one that brought up "NHL people".

In a nutshell, top 10 in the NHL in terms of talent under 25.

Which to them is more indicative of where a team projects then what the AHL prospect pool looks like.

Now you share what NHL people have told you.

I'll hang up and listen.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Which to them is more indicative of where a team projects then what the AHL prospect pool looks like.

I'll hang up and listen.

I never said I talked to NHL ppl ...you did .
I read an article where they were describing teams and
Their futures ...I also added "for whatever that's worth"

So what you say we cease the skating (no pun intended) and
Let's hear where and how you got this first hand knowledge

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If this prospect pool was so great why arent Senyshyn, Zboril, JFK, Lauzon or Bjork up and contributing instead of falling down the prospect rankings or playing in Sweden?

These were all top five prospect in 2016 and all are big question mark's now, guess it wasn't such a great pool after all.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I'll hang up and listen.
This I agree with when you include roster players under 25 they are in good shape every where but in goal. Prospects not in the NHL, to me it is a shallow pool with no sure things to be top 6 forwards or top 4 D, lots of good depth prospects, few impact, top 6 forwards or top flight D

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I never said I talked to NHL ppl ...you did .
I read an article where they were describing teams and
Their futures ...I also added "for whatever that's worth"

So what you say we cease the skating (no pun intended) and
Let's hear where and how you got this first hand knowledge

He wont and shouldnt here.

He has been FULLY vetted by this site and shared confidential information that will not be shared publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia