Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
time to change your name to marcohab and root for montreal i guess

Hey thanks for the suggestion-
Pretty laughable suggestion .
Time to see things as they are
And stop drinking your delusional juice.
Ok how's this .ok dude the bruins have rockn prospects . Their future is awesome dude ...yes dynasty is imminent ..dude peace man .let's all chant the same words since we are all bruins sheep.
Stick to the subject .
P.s. since I can't reply what I really want ... Out of all the teams the one you mentioned that I need to be a fan of happens to be the one I hate the most and the remark ironically comes you a poster with the name of my all time favorite. Bruin.
I am wondering why you chose Mtl.... Is this one of your favorite teams? Since we are taking about prospects and I've said I'm not excited you suggested I'd be marcowtv( I can't even say the name)
Here's the thing I deduct than that you feel that the scabs must have some great prospects
For suggesting to me to switch to them??
For the record they stink ...
They don't have much of a future either but it sure seems you feel otherwise

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hey thanks for the suggestion-
Pretty laughable suggestion .
Time to see things as they are
And stop drinking your delusional juice.
Ok how's this .ok dude the bruins have rockn prospects . Their future is awesome dude ...yes dynasty is imminent ..dude peace man .let's all chant the same words since we are all bruins sheep.
Stick to the subject .
P.s. since I can't reply what I really want ... Out of all the teams the one you mentioned that I need to be a fan of happens to be the one I hate the most and the remark ironically comes you a poster with the name of my all time favorite. Bruin.
I am wondering why you chose Mtl.... Is this one of your favorite teams?

I love how it's always having to "see things the way they are" when it's your opinion (always negative) but it's drinking the kool aid / delusional juice / whatever lmao -- when it's against your opinion. You're always right and anyone who is positive is wrong.

The Bruins prospect pool isn't as deep as it has been in the past. No one is arguing this. However, when you look at the group of prospects who have graduated recently, it's no wonder why it's not as deep. To respond in a manner of saying McAvoy is "as good as it gets" is ridiculous. Not every prospect is going to pan out and be a superstar. The Bruins have had some good prospects come up through the rankings over the past 4-5 years and it will continue.

You can't be #1-10 deep every single year. It's not possible.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
A fun challenge, and frightening consider how many here have Derek Sanderson black and gold glasses when looking at prospects, would be how many teams top 10 prospects would you rather have than Boston's current crop. For all the **** the Beecher pick got and the hate Frederic gets from some I'm sure it would be at least 20 or 22 teams, which puts them in the bottom third where I have them.

Waiting to see how many think Vaak is going to be a top pair D
I think Vaakanainen is going to be on the top pair

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

I don't understand why people don't consider him elite. He was the best defenseman on the Finnish team that won the WJC. They had him out there 28 mins a game. He's a sublime skater. In 30-injury riddled games in the AHL last year he had one fewer point than the Leafs "steal of the century" draft pick Timothy Liljeren, who was in his 2nd year in the league and played 43 games. The Bruins thought enough of him to call him up in October (when the defense wasn't yet that ravaged). What am I missing here?

Mark Divver reported there was lots of interest in him at the deadline and that it was a "nonstarter as far as the Bruins were concerned."

Last edited:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I love how it's always having to "see things the way they are" when it's your opinion (always negative) but it's drinking the kool aid / delusional juice / whatever lmao -- when it's against your opinion. You're always right and anyone who is positive is wrong.

The Bruins prospect pool isn't as deep as it has been in the past. No one is arguing this. However, when you look at the group of prospects who have graduated recently, it's no wonder why it's not as deep. To respond in a manner of saying McAvoy is "as good as it gets" is ridiculous. Not every prospect is going to pan out and be a superstar. The Bruins have had some good prospects come up through the rankings over the past 4-5 years and it will continue.

You can't be #1-10 deep every single year. It's not possible.

When the bruins had a young Bergeron krejci Kessel lucic
And then March .. I felt very good for the future. In fact with the additions of Chara and Savard ..i felt the team would be an eventual cup winner which they did.
I don't feel that today it's not about being negative . As already mentioned guys like Bergeron ans krejci are no longer young studs and their "heir apparents" are not on the roster or in Providence hence my view one which you refer to as negative

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
When the bruins had a young Bergeron krejci Kessel lucic
And then March .. I felt very good for the future. In fact with the additions of Chara and Savard ..i felt the team would be an eventual cup winner which they did.
I don't feel that today it's not about being negative . As already mentioned guys like Bergeron ans krejci are no longer young studs and their "heir apparents" are not on the roster or in Providence hence my view one which you refer to as negative

How do you know their heir apparent's aren't in Providence? Jack Studnicka has the potential to be a Top 6 center in the NHL. That would be replacing one of them. I'm not high on Frederic, but plenty think he could potentially be a Top 6 center. You don't know what's going to come out of the pool. You don't know who is going to develop. Marchand was never viewed as being a Top LW in the game when drafted....When he made the Bruins.... And look where we are?

It's hilarious you mention Lucic, Bergeron, and Krejci in the above. Not one was a 1st round pick, and at the times they were picked were not viewed as superstar prospects.... But hindsight is 20/20 :laugh:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You missed the point.

What's the point?? My point is as we speak on the roster
Or in Providence imo we don't have the youngsters that will make this team a legitimate cup contending roster.
We have a few excellent players young players on the roster but not sufficient again imo to establish us as one of the top teams for the near future

Reactions: wintersej

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
How do you know their heir apparent's aren't in Providence? Jack Studnicka has the potential to be a Top 6 center in the NHL. That would be replacing one of them. I'm not high on Frederic, but plenty think he could potentially be a Top 6 center. You don't know what's going to come out of the pool. You don't know who is going to develop. Marchand was never viewed as being a Top LW in the game when drafted....When he made the Bruins.... And look where we are?

It's hilarious you mention Lucic, Bergeron, and Krejci in the above. Not one was a 1st round pick, and at the times they were picked were not viewed as superstar prospects.... But hindsight is 20/20 :laugh:

Well first off. When March was drafted as I already mentioned
Gorton (a hockey man who I have tremendous respect for) said watch this kid . He is my sleeper of the draft.
Krejci was scouted as being an excellent crafty playmaker .
I never saw Studnicka play but from what I read he has limited offensive potential and he may be more of a third liner .
I really see nothing in senyshyn
And bjork is always on the injury list to judge.
Bergeron krejci lucic Marchand
Great lower round picks(not first rders) that was some fantastic drafting ... I don't see this today or anywhere close.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Gorton (a hockey man who I have tremendous respect for) said watch this kid . He is my sleeper of the draft.
I never saw Studnicka play but from what I read he has limited offensive potential and he may be more of a third liner .
Great lower round picks(not first rders) that was some fantastic drafting ... I don't see this today or anywhere close.

It was some fantastic drafting..... That at the time was not viewed as having any superstars in it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Gotta love it. "I've never watched this guy play but he won't be the heir apparent to Bergeron or Krejci"

Reactions: JOKER 192

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It was some fantastic drafting..... That at the time was not viewed as having any superstars in it.

You think that we have guys in Providence that are in the caliber of any of these?
Who is another lucic? Jesse Gabrielle?(wtv happened to that guy anyways?)
Senyshyn another March?
Bjork another I don't know what . (Always injured)
Remember Berg krejci lucic and then came March were on the roster together... Where are these types now ?
Mcavoy Carlo Debrusk - good but not enough

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Gotta love it. "I've never watched this guy play but he won't be the heir apparent to Bergeron or Krejci"

From what I've read on his scouting report nothing indicates he is another Berg or DK as desperately as we want him to be .... We shall see I sure hope he is but I would not bet the farm on it

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
From what I've read on his scouting report nothing indicates he is another Berg or DK as desperately as we want him to be .... We shall see I sure hope he is but I would not bet the farm on it

And at the time they were drafted, neither Bergeron nor Krejci were viewed as stud top line centers.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
And at the time they were drafted, neither Bergeron nor Krejci were viewed as stud top line centers.

We don't have that nucleus on the roster right now. I am not as excited as I was when those guys came up. That nucleus was the making of a dynasty we won one cup and with the right mgnt we could have had more(but that's for another topic).
Patrice Bergeron was 18 and was already on the bruins roster and then sent to Prov
And then back to bos and that's all she wrote.
Since we are comparing .....we should see Jack on the Bruins roster this season

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I don't understand why people don't consider him elite. He was the best defenseman on the Finnish team that won the WJC. They had him out there 28 mins a game. He's a sublime skater. In 30-injury riddled games in the AHL last year he had one fewer point than the Leafs "steal of the century" draft pick Timothy Liljeren, who was in his 2nd year in the league and played 43 games. The Bruins thought enough of him to call him up in October (when the defense wasn't yet that ravaged). What am I missing here?

Mark Divver reported there was lots of interest in him at the deadline and that it was a "nonstarter as far as the Bruins were concerned."
You're not missing anything, Vaakanainen is a top prospect, he'd be in the top 5 in every teams top 10 list other than the Rangers

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We don't have that nucleus on the roster right now. I am not as excited as I was when those guys came up. That nucleus was the making of a dynasty we won one cup and with the right mgnt we could have had more(but that's for another topic).
Patrice Bergeron was 18 and was already on the bruins roster and then sent to Prov
And then back to bos and that's all she wrote.
Since we are comparing .....we should see Jack on the Bruins roster this season

I'm not comparing them. You're missing my point.....Not surprising.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I'm not comparing them. You're missing my point.....Not surprising.

Here we go when we reach a dead end ...out of replies and your habitual sarcasm sets in

Bergeron was 18 when he played his first year and did quite well so the bruins must of thought highly of him.
Krejci 20 March 20 lucic 19
Now Im sure there must have been some great players who came into the league at later ages but that's NOT the point .if you're going compare those guys to these guys I.e. in this case Studnicka then do it adequately.
We should very well see him this season if the bruins feel so good about him as they did with the others in the past .it's not as if we are so deep that we can't use him.
We don't have that nucleus we had imo and to me it's easy to see..

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
You think that we have guys in Providence that are in the caliber of any of these?
Who is another lucic? Jesse Gabrielle?(wtv happened to that guy anyways?)
Senyshyn another March?
Bjork another I don't know what . (Always injured)
Remember Berg krejci lucic and then came March were on the roster together... Where are these types now ?Mcavoy Carlo Debrusk - good but not enough

I understand the concerns here and mine are similar. I don't believe the B's have blue chip offensive prospects like most teams do. On D it's another story, it's an embarrassment of riches.

Coulda - woulda - shoulda - just think of what things could have been like had they capitalized on their 2015 draft (instead of Senyshyn / Zboril) - then we'd be posting about how solid the B's would be for the next 6-8 years. (Losing that other 1st rounder in the Nash deal didn't help)

In my opinion, they should move forward with a Version 2.0 implosion a la 2015 and capitalize on their strengths to beef up the prospect pool. Unfortunately, it would include moving a Krug and Krejci and or another prospect D.

It will definitely hurt in the short-term, ie: from cup finalist to a bubble team IMO, but we will benefit in a couple of years.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I understand the concerns here and mine are similar. I don't believe the B's have blue chip offensive prospects like most teams do. On D it's another story, it's an embarrassment of riches.

Coulda - woulda - shoulda - just think of what things could have been like had they capitalized on their 2015 draft (instead of Senyshyn / Zboril) - then we'd be posting about how solid the B's would be for the next 6-8 years. (Losing that other 1st rounder in the Nash deal didn't help)

In my opinion, they should move forward with a Version 2.0 implosion a la 2015 and capitalize on their strengths to beef up the prospect pool. Unfortunately, it would include moving a Krug and Krejci and or another prospect D.

It will definitely hurt in the short-term, ie: from cup finalist to a bubble team IMO, but we will benefit in a couple of years.

I'm in total agreement if I understand you correctly . With the implosion suggestion. I also agree they should do what it takes to improve their prospect pool. I've always been and am a Krejci fan however if we need to move him to get a or top prospects I'd very much consider it. The thing is though I think the Bruins may have held on to some of their blue chip players too long

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I'm in total agreement if I understand you correctly . With the implosion suggestion. I also agree they should do what it takes to improve their prospect pool. I've always been and am a Krejci fan however if we need to move him to get a or top prospects I'd very much consider it. The thing is though I think the Bruins may have held on to some of their blue chip players too long

Yes, they need to do what hurts now for payback later. I've always liked Krejci as well, but it's a question of selling high, given his output and good health for a change. Aside from Bergy / Chara which the B's would never move, forget the whole loyalty thing with the rest and consider it time to make a couple of ballsy moves.

Several teams in that Atlantic division have been bad for quite a while and have been drafting high for years now. That will catch up to you if you don't have the stones to get bold.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yes, they need to do what hurts now for payback later. I've always liked Krejci as well, but it's a question of selling high, given his output and good health for a change. Aside from Bergy / Chara which the B's would never move, forget the whole loyalty thing with the rest and consider it time to make a couple of ballsy moves.

Several teams in that Atlantic division have been bad for quite a while and have been drafting high for years now. That will catch up to you if you don't have the stones to get bold.

Ah!! The voice of reason. Couldn't agree with you more.
And the term "balsy moves" is exactly what imo is required.
And yes forget the loyalty thing this is a business the players know it the owners know it and some fans have to learn it
Do wtv you must because if we don't get some better prospects creating a strong nucleus. We will lag far behind many teams for years to come.
There are so many good up and coming teams . I wouldn't undermine this and take it lightly if I were the Bruins .

Reactions: badbrewin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Respect your opinion and you have seen more of Vaak than I have but I would still move him to improve the team.

As someone who watches a lot of Providence games do you really believe there is a top 6 forward on that team right now. I would take Studnicka out of the mix because he was there for so few games.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Here we go when we reach a dead end ...out of replies and your habitual sarcasm sets in

Bergeron was 18 when he played his first year and did quite well so the bruins must of thought highly of him.
Krejci 20 March 20 lucic 19
Now Im sure there must have been some great players who came into the league at later ages but that's NOT the point .if you're going compare those guys to these guys I.e. in this case Studnicka then do it adequately.
We should very well see him this season if the bruins feel so good about him as they did with the others in the past .it's not as if we are so deep that we can't use him.
We don't have that nucleus we had imo and to me it's easy to see..

Krejci at Studnicka's age had zero NHL games and very similar junior stats to Studnicka. The following year he couldn't make a terrible Bruins team. Eventually got called up for 6 games. Had zero points. Started the following year in Providence as well. Got called up and was mediocre.

But go ahead and write off Studnicka.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Krejci at Studnicka's age had zero NHL games and very similar junior stats to Studnicka. The following year he couldn't make a terrible Bruins team. Eventually got called up for 6 games. Had zero points. Started the following year in Providence as well. Got called up and was mediocre.

But go ahead and write off Studnicka.

Not writing off Studnicka as I said going on what I read about him. From a probability standpoint the chances of him being another krejci are lesser than greater . If we look at that nucleus i.e Bergeron Krejci lucic
Kessel(Seguin) Marchand.. where is this nucleus now? I don't see it . Not on the current roster and not in the AHL.
The consensus among NHL "people" for wtv that's worth the Bruins are not one of the teams deemed for a great future at this point. Saying this does not make me negative imo just reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad