Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hey guys what up with chris kelly?

Back spasms. He has been seen walking gingerly according to media members in the locker room.

Gotta feel for the guy. He has to be miserable not being able to play. Such a freak injury.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Back spasms. He has been seen walking gingerly according to media members in the locker room.

Gotta feel for the guy. He has to be miserable not being able to play. Such a freak injury.

wonder what the trigger was to cause it. We are really missing how he rounds out the lineup and fits on that 3rd line right now. having to call up kids for the AHL is not how you win.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
wonder what the trigger was to cause it. We are really missing how he rounds out the lineup and fits on that 3rd line right now. having to call up kids for the AHL is not how you win.

Got hurt in the later part of the 2nd period in Minnesota at the beginning of April. Who knows how. You can toss your back out sneezing so your guess is as good as mine.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Got hurt in the later part of the 2nd period in Minnesota at the beginning of April. Who knows how. You can toss your back out sneezing so your guess is as good as mine.

i know all about that. I broke my back before and now I could play a full contact football game and be fine then throw out my back getting a drink of water when the game is over.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
i know all about that. I broke my back before and now I could play a full contact football game and be fine then throw out my back getting a drink of water when the game is over.

Brutal.

I hope it resolves soon because we need him.

BeantownBeatdown

May 5, 2014
Also-pretty sure(I suspected for a few games now and reporters have also tweeted the speculation) that Krecji is nursing a back or leg injury. His hands and skating haven't been as magical as usual though he did have some good moments last night.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Also-pretty sure(I suspected for a few games now and reporters have also tweeted the speculation) that Krecji is nursing a back or leg injury. His hands and skating haven't been as magical as usual though he did have some good moments last night.

The back bone is connected to the turnover bone

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA
Any word on Chris Kelly? I know Fraser has been fine on the 3rd line but would love to have the Cage-y (see what I did there) vet back there to help with the PK and on defense.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Speaking from experience, of the various surgeries I've had, back surgery was the easiest. The preceding pain was unreal, the relief was immediate. I think there was a telecast where Brick actually mentioned this exact thing and qualified it by saying that the pain relief doesn't mean one is ready to step on the ice and compete. I don't know if they were talking about Kelly or someone else.

pastamania

Sep 12, 2013
Boston
Not sure of the truth to it but I heard that Fraser fractured his foot in the first game of the Providence playoffs. I'd have never guessed by watching him, he was one of the few players who I didn't have any complaints about.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen
Chris Kelly having surgery on herniated disc in lower back today in Boston. Put it off until after season because he was hoping to return.

Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen
Expected recovery time for Kelly is 4-6 weeks. Expected to be back on the ice well before training camp.

Get well soon Chris!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
According to TSN Lucic had right wrist surgery, might explain his shooting woes.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Left wrist, per Bruins tweet. He and Kelly both had surgery. Both expected to be OK for camp.

wonder what the rule is about buyouts and injuries. does Kelly need to be healed from surgery in order to be bought out? I think they can trade him, but was wondering if that became an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad