Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
"Bruins fans had to hold their collective breath early in the second, as Patrice Bergeron went into the corner fighting for the puck with Niklas Kronwall and went down after crashing awkwardly into the boards. He skated off the ice, but later came back with just under seven minutes to play in the period. It was later revealed that Bergeron was just "respecting the [concussion] protocol of the league" when he left the bench and was never worried about the incident."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...rom_the_bruins_2-1_loss_to_the_red_wings.html

My heart just about stopped when his head hit the glass. I was sure it was another concussion.

I'm glad Patrice went through the protocol just to be safe. With his history he can't be too careful.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
"Bruins fans had to hold their collective breath early in the second, as Patrice Bergeron went into the corner fighting for the puck with Niklas Kronwall and went down after crashing awkwardly into the boards. He skated off the ice, but later came back with just under seven minutes to play in the period. It was later revealed that Bergeron was just "respecting the [concussion] protocol of the league" when he left the bench and was never worried about the incident."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...rom_the_bruins_2-1_loss_to_the_red_wings.html

Thanks for posting this ! Bergy is the best !

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
At least our players follow that rule, too many others do not and get away with it. Still not sure how Bergy could even get a concussion from that, good to see he was just being careful.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
Tough to see what happened to Miller there in that fight. Hope his injury isn't too bad.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
My heart just about stopped when his head hit the glass. I was sure it was another concussion.

I'm glad Patrice went through the protocol just to be safe. With his history he can't be too careful.

I believe a lot of concussion are true because the players go right back out before everything has a chance to settle back down.

In my experiences just taking a spill on the ice and getting the wind knocked out of you gives me an idea of what it is.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Aaron Ward @TSNAaronWard · 14m 14 minutes ago
Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara has suspected left knee injury. Expected to undergo further tests/evaluation at hospital. #TSN

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Aaron Ward @TSNAaronWard · 14m 14 minutes ago
Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara has suspected left knee injury. Expected to undergo further tests/evaluation at hospital. #TSN
Grain of salt with this. Aaron Ward isn't exactly reliable.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Krug out 2-3 weeks with broken finger. Took shot off of the side of his foot as well. Isn't that just dandy.

We saw his hand at the end of the game and knew it was messed up.

Oh Dear....This place won't be much fun for awhile.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
When was the broken finger? If anything I thought Hamilton would have the broken finger from that slash where he dropped his glove and skated off.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Courtesy of Emerz on the Krug injury thread:

VigilantAmusedAoudad.gif

Now Marchy got injured in practice. He twerked something. Hopeful for tomorrow.

*sigh* So...this Connor McDavid kid can break pucks, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad