Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Strides for Seidenberg
Blueliner prepping for a strong return

“The rehab is basically over, everything is basically healed. . . . The patellar tendon has to adjust to being smaller and having more pressure I guess, so that’s what I have right now,†he said last week. “I’m just trying to work that out and once I do, I should be 100 percent.â€

Seidenberg was originally given a 6-8 month recovery period from the January surgery to repair his torn ACL and MCL. He still has some strengthening to do this summer.

“I’ll go by how I feel. I’ve felt good so far,†said the defenseman, who expects to be ready to go for training camp. “I’ve taken a couple of days off here and there. It’s up to me to keep it going and when I feel like I need to take a break, I’ll take a week off or so and go from there.â€

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/nhl_coverage/2014/06/strides_for_seidenberg

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So what was the deal with McQuaid? Seemed like his injury flew under the radar but lasted forever. What happened and what kind of track did/do they have for recovery?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So what was the deal with McQuaid? Seemed like his injury flew under the radar but lasted forever. What happened and what kind of track did/do they have for recovery?

It was strange, never felt like all the issues were made known publicly (not that I believe they have to be but..)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
McQuaid and Kelly addressed the media Wednesday, with the players saying they expect to be ready for the start of actual training camp in two weeks. McQuaid, though, did say he isn’t quite where he wants to be in terms of his conditioning. He got a late start on the summer due to a quad injury and ankle surgery.

Kelly, meanwhile, had back surgery to repair a herniated disk he suffered before the start of the playoffs. He was not able to do anything – including lifting his two young children – for the first six weeks after surgery, but is cleared for contact and should not be limited heading into camp.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ns-practice/b8YmPzYtchJGidnBU7aZRM/story.html

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Lucic improving

Like a number of Bruins, Milan Lucic spent the summer recovering from an injury he sustained in the postseason. He had surgery on his left wrist in May, and said on Monday that he was in a cast for 12 weeks.

“I feel like I’ve turned a corner on it the last week, week and a half,†Lucic told reporters in Boston. “Still working hard to get it up to 100 percent.â€

The forward said his recovery impacted his ability to train this summer, especially his upper body, not even being able to do a push-up until a week ago. He will face some limitations as he heads into camp.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ne-olympics/TGhi9xM83i7xU1wLfzW7EO/story.html

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
What is the injury and time table for Pasternak and Campbell ?
I know they both have injuries, but haven't see what they are or when
they are expected back.

Thanks.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins · 45 minutes ago
Krejci still considered "minor" but injury hasn't healed as well as they thought it would. Have to reassess for tomorrow ^CS

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Anyone know if that was concussion protocol for Bergeron in the 2nd period? I'm watching the Wings feed and they had no idea he missed time, so I didn't hear anything. You could tell he was slow to get up from going into the boards; not sure what happened though.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
The timing would indicate it was concussion protocol but from what I could tell it was his knee. Maybe they brought him in to check it out, there are certain tests you can run to see if it was ACL but he'd have to take off his leg pads which also takes time. Either way, glad to see he's back.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
False alarm on Bergy. He is back (Just in case someone missed the game)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It definitely didn't look like concussion worthy, I really thought knee. Hopefully he is 100% after that and doesn't have to play the season at less, because he is going to have a MONSTER year if healthy.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I thought concussion, too. The side of his helmet made contact with the glass and he didn't act like his knee bothered him; he acted like he had struck his head. It's a good sign he came back.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
that's where I was at - could have sworn Edwards said 'Lower Body Injury' but I could have mis-heard.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
"Bruins fans had to hold their collective breath early in the second, as Patrice Bergeron went into the corner fighting for the puck with Niklas Kronwall and went down after crashing awkwardly into the boards. He skated off the ice, but later came back with just under seven minutes to play in the period. It was later revealed that Bergeron was just "respecting the [concussion] protocol of the league" when he left the bench and was never worried about the incident."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...rom_the_bruins_2-1_loss_to_the_red_wings.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad