Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
The Bruins are an organization that have always put the player's health before the team which shows a lot of respect for not only their players but also the family of injured players. No way in hell will they rush a player back. Remember the year Bergeron had that terrible concussion and everyone except Bruins management thought he was coming back late in the playoffs?? Well this year we have a very similar situation with Seids. I really don't think Bruins will let him play even if he thinks he's game ready. Especially with playoffs, it's a war zone out there for a player coming back from an injury and you can be sure he'll be a marked man.. As for Paille and Kelly, I expect Kelly is good to go for game one and Paille being day to day status might be good to go also....Personally, I'm praying all the boys will be good to go. I anticipate a very successful playoff run. I'm so tired of hearing how everyone is scared as hell of the Wings. They are good and I have the utmost respect for the whole organization and their fans..But THEY ARE NOT THE WINGS OF YESTERDAY. Pavel is just returning from injury and Zetteberg likely wont be back at all. I have 100% confidence in my Bruins and believe we still have not seen the best of them yet. So hang on boys and girls, we're gonna have some great hockey to watch!!!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hearing that the Bruins placed McQuaid on LTIR on the last day of the season retroactive to January 20th.

Not sure of the benefits of this - no cap implications that I can figure for this season. Only benefit I can come up with in the CBA is that they could place him immediately on LTIR on the first day next season because it is a pre-existing injury.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Hearing that the Bruins placed McQuaid on LTIR on the last day of the season retroactive to January 20th.

Not sure of the benefits of this - no cap implications that I can figure for this season. Only benefit I can come up with in the CBA is that they could place him immediately on LTIR on the first day next season because it is a pre-existing injury.

interesting indeed. can a quad injury be that bad they think he might not be ready to start the season next year? :amazed:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
interesting indeed. can a quad injury be that bad they think he might not be ready to start the season next year? :amazed:

Probably should have been more clear pal.

Just because I can't figure out a reason why they would put him on now doesn't mean one doesn't exist. It's the only reason I could find. Example: IF it somehow did carry over to next year, and he wasn't on LTIR now, he would have to wait until he missed 10 games to go on LTIR (unless it was something obvious like a broken leg and it was obvious he was going to miss 10 games). But seeing that it's a pre existing injury and he is on LTIR, he can go on LTIR on day one.

I just can't find any benefit (cap wise) for this season to making the move now. Maybe someone else has the answer?

Also, capgeek now showing McQuaid on LTIR retro to January 20

http://capgeek.com/bruins/transactions/

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

Just because I can't figure out a reason why they would put him on now doesn't mean one doesn't exist. It's the only reason I could find. Example: IF it somehow did carry over to next year, and he wasn't on LTIR now, he would have to wait until he missed 10 games to go on LTIR (unless it was something obvious like a broken leg and it was obvious he was going to miss 10 games). But seeing that it's a pre existing injury and he is on LTIR, he can go on LTIR on day one.

I just can't find any benefit (cap wise) for this season to making the move now. Maybe someone else has the answer?

Thanks. It is puzzling for sure though if there is not cap help this year. maybe they are doing it as you said just in case for next season as it can't hurt at this point.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Maybe a silly question, but I honestly don't know....Does this affect his playoff status?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Looks like Miller and Bart are ready to play tomorrow (hopefully)

Please.

But what this team really needs is Paille or Kelly back.

At least Pie is skating but until he takes contact hard to say when he returns.

Not like we don't know what his injury was.

Kelly and Pie are missing pieces that we just don't seem to be able to fill well. Hope they heal soon.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Gotta have Miller back, as strange as that sounds. Can't play with the full JV again.

Side note I thought Caron played well, shockingly.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
In the media thread there's a Haggs tweet saying Bergeron confirmed he's been battling a stomach bug. Not sure if it was ever confirmed. I guess that's good news for us though, since this kind of thing usually improves drastically out of nowhere from one day to the next. Hopefully he's 100% for tomorrow night.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Quaider and Seids get to join the optional, for "encouragement" as per Claude.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Not questioning the others ability to play while being hurt/sick; but Bergeron is a warrior. It seems like you can't take him out of the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->