Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudatman*

I'm hoping Paille will be back. I have a personal project where I give every NHL player an overall rating out of 100. it is mostly a simple formula of +/- divided by time on ice with slight bonuses for players that see very large total minutes. this doesn't have to mean anything to y'all, but I have Caron at 54 and Paille at 86. I have Florek at 103 and Kelly at 77. people want Kelly back for leadership. I'll concede that, but when people claim "key faceoff wins" for Kelly, I fall back on the fact that he usually wins less than half of his faceoffs and wonder what these folks are thinking. certain people don't want to read it, but we are a better team without him... in my opinion.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Florek has a very small sample size, he has not looked elite, but he has made the right play most every time, still he only has the one giveaway empty net goal, did you factor his AHL time into that 103?

trudatman*

no. I use other league and/or previous-season stats to influence shooting percentage or pass/shoot bias or passing or untested goalie ratings, but if a guy has a few games in the current season I mostly run with that. it's not perfect, as a dude can go from a 29 to a 97 and back in a few weeks, but if he is currently playing -- like Florek is -- that hot or cold streak that makes up the whole of his NHL experience can be fairly indicative of where he will be for the next game, too. it surely isn't perfect and I have theories on how I'd handle it were EA and/or the NHL paying me, but for a hobby that doesn't need to occupy too much of my time it seems to work. Florek would probably settle back into a more average range of skills like Krug did. he probably won't stay at 100 for all that long, but Kelly fell off of his 100 seasons ago and hasn't gotten above 80 since. my point is that I want the hot player with no noticeable weaknesses to stay while the struggling veteran slowly gets back to full health and game readiness. (and maybe even after that.)

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Paille began skating April 19 and has been slowly ramping up since, taking light contact Friday. …

Coach Claude Julien didn't offer much of an update on depth defenseman Corey Potter, who injured his right shoulder during Friday's optional practice. Potter was kicking his legs in agony after battling with Paille during a drill along the boards.

"No update. He fell awkwardly and hurt himself," Julien said. "I haven't heard the final details on his situation yet. I'm focusing on the guys for our team tonight." …

http://www.milforddailynews.com/article/20140426/SPORTS/140427076/11523/SPORTS/?tag=2

Hippie

Jul 29, 2002
Ipswich,MA
Visit site
Probably should have been more clear pal.

Just because I can't figure out a reason why they would put him on now doesn't mean one doesn't exist. It's the only reason I could find. Example: IF it somehow did carry over to next year, and he wasn't on LTIR now, he would have to wait until he missed 10 games to go on LTIR (unless it was something obvious like a broken leg and it was obvious he was going to miss 10 games). But seeing that it's a pre existing injury and he is on LTIR, he can go on LTIR on day one.

I just can't find any benefit (cap wise) for this season to making the move now. Maybe someone else has the answer?

Also, capgeek now showing McQuaid on LTIR retro to January 20

http://capgeek.com/bruins/transactions/

Dom, could the cap savings from this move be used to offset some of Iggy's performance bonuses saving us space on next year's cap?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, could the cap savings from this move be used to offset some of Iggy's performance bonuses saving us space on next year's cap?

No it does not

Teams requiring long-term injury relief to fit a roster under the salary cap throughout the season can be at risk of ending up with a bonus overage. That's because utilizing LTIR results in the team finishing the season with $0 cap space. For teams in these positions with players earning performance bonuses, those bonuses are tacked onto their final cap payroll as an overage and carried forward as a penalty the following season.
CBA reference: Section 50.10 (d) (P. 226-231)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Pretty sure Paille was cleared for contact so I figure we do see him unless he had a setback.

Kelly still is t skating that I'm aware of so I don't expect him for the beginning of the series. I figure the trainers will want him skating a few days and playing with contact before clearing him for a game.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Moose sighting

BmAHdKPCAAAs-jc.jpg

igotmylunchbox

May 9, 2011
Any word on why Marchand was missing from practice? You would think one of the beat reporters would have asked Julien about Brad's absence, but I haven't been able to find any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad