Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but most of these guys should not have played. The coaches kept rolling them into the games and they kept playing like sh*t. The top line had 0 even strength goals for and something like 8 against in the finals. How dumb are these coaches to keep rolling them out when the injuries are costing wins? Honestly, I genuinely think a line of Blidh - Studnicka - Seneshyn would have a better even strength record than 0-8. It is very difficult to be worse than 0-8.
And that doesn't even take into account damaging your star players long term health--looking at DeBrusk here--by playing him when he clearly has a concussion and keeps banging his head every shift. Dude is not going to last in this league to age 30 at this rate with this negligence by himself and by management.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
IMG_20190609_192029.jpg

:eek: :confused:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
yup. he played alot worse than just a thumb injury

I think the thing you have to realize is that a thumb injury can completely ruin your shot. For a guy like Pasta his shot is his main weapon. If he can't use that use that at 100% it's going to kill his confidence and effect the rest of his game. I'm not making excuses for him and he needed to suck it up and stop making boneheaded turnovers but this makes a lot of sense to me. Pasta has never been good defensively but has an absolutely fantastic shot and ability to control the puck in the offensive zone. I'm not at all surprised an injury like that ruined his overall game. Hopefully it will encourage to focus on his defensive play and contribute even if he can't make an offensive impact.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think the thing you have to realize is that a thumb injury can completely ruin your shot. For a guy like Pasta his shot is his main weapon. If he can't use that use that at 100% it's going to kill his confidence and effect the rest of his game. I'm not making excuses for him and he needed to suck it up and stop making boneheaded turnovers but this makes a lot of sense to me. Pasta has never been good defensively but has an absolutely fantastic shot and ability to control the puck in the offensive zone. I'm not at all surprised an injury like that ruined his overall game. Hopefully it will encourage to focus on his defensive play and contribute even if he can't make an offensive impact.
He said he had re-injured it in Columbus series,he looked to be struggling against the Leafs also,unless it wasn’t any good to begin with.

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad