Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Always a groin. Doesn’t sound nearly as debilitating as it actually is.

Nobody is getting a free pass for that effort last night.

They are all getting a free pass - how exactly do you think this will play out? The entire team gets blown up because of a bad game 7?

Not a chance.

Reactions: Maine Fan

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I'd be happy to see Bergeron miss the first 50 games as long he gets this groin issue resolved once and for all. It's been proven in the three point parity NHL that a team can be mediocre almost all season and stay in the playoff hunt. IMO, at this stage, he shouldn't be so concerned about missing regular season games.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They are all getting a free pass - how exactly do you think this will play out? The entire team gets blown up because of a bad game 7?

Not a chance.

By free pass i didn’t mean “oh you can stay on the team.”

If they aren’t subjected to harsh criticisms until they prove otherwise, they will have received a free pass

Reactions: Maine Fan and BMC

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Whens locker clean out day so we can get some word on what happened to a couple guys.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I expect “load management” to become a thing in the NHL starting next year. For example, the Bruins should sit Bergeron and Chara for a game every 8-10 games, especially on back-to-backs. Give them a little extra rest during the regular season so they are fresher for the playoffs.

The NBA has been doing this for awhile now. Look how well it paid off for Kawhi Leonard on the Raptors this year.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I expect “load management” to become a thing in the NHL starting next year. For example, the Bruins should sit Bergeron and Chara for a game every 8-10 games, especially on back-to-backs. Give them a little extra rest during the regular season so they are fresher for the playoffs.

The NBA has been doing this for awhile now. Look how well it paid off for Kawhi Leonard on the Raptors this year.
Yeah, I knew someone would bring up basketball, but it's so much easier in that sport due to the lack of parity. You can't just rest your best players comfortably for an eighth of the season in the NHL.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, I knew someone would bring up basketball, but it's so much easier in that sport due to the lack of parity. You can't just rest your best players comfortably for an eighth of the season in the NHL.
Why not? I don’t mean every best player, just older and injury-risk ones. For the Bruins, I would only plan that for Chara and Bergeron. Chara missed 20 games this year and Bergeron missed 17. Bruins came 3rd overall. Planning them to miss 8-10 games wouldn’t have any significant effect on the standings.

If they get injured anyways then you can decrease the number of games missed for load management when they are back. Just seems like a good and easy way to make sure they are at a higher level of rest come playoff time.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah it was obvious. I think he got it in game 2 vs the Leafs. I remember he hobbled off the ice and was out for a bit. Clearly a groin-related injury. He came back but wasn't the same afterwards. Was hoping the 11 game layoff might heal it but clearly it didn't.

Seems like Bergeron is always playing through something.
That's what happens when you play all in all the time.
Mind boggling people complaining about a player like Bergeron.

I didn't know Boston fans was loaded with sore losers. Holy f***.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
That's what happens when you play all in all the time.
Mind boggling people complaining about a player like Bergeron.

I didn't know Boston fans was loaded with sore losers. Holy ****.

Check the number of posts that a lot of these people have. Many less than 200. It's a Forum, so everyone can
voice their opinion, but the complainers are wrong.;)
They get to a game of winning the cup and people are like , they didn't try, they suck, they can't get up for game 7 of the cup. They gave it their all, came up short. It sucks , but they played hard and did their best.
Thank you Boston Bruins.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think what stings the most is not the loss, but the fact that this was a eminently winnable series. The Bruins are better than the Blues, hands down. Their wins, they were pretty dominant. The three losses were tight games. Until they had their backs broken by the two late goals last night they were by far the better team. And yeah, the top line coming up missing in action for this series was a big let-down. For guys that regular season were one of the best lines in the NHL, if not the best, it wasn't pretty to see.

I do imagine there were some injuries to them, but at the end of day, every team's injury list after the playoffs, especially a long run like the Bruins had is going to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad