Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
So the entire first line and DeBrusk were playing with injuries that aren't just minor, guess that makes sense why they could only score with a free zone entry / PP set up.

Their cycle game was completely neutered via injury, how ****ty luck can be.
I have even less respect for the Blues now since we had all these key injuries and still took it to 7 and should have won regardless.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm sorry about your daughter but unless DeBrusk or the Bruins decide to share what other injury he was playing through, I'm not pointing fingers at the doctors or Jake.

If anything, I'm going after the league for turning a blind eye to all the hits to the head this post season.
It amazes me... they still don't take hits to the head seriously.
Playoffs or not, same rules should apply.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think everyone is assuming concussion with Debrusk?

Could it just as easily be a hip or a back issue?

Before we shred any doctors maybe we get the story?

Reactions: TCB and caz16

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
That is unbelievable. Explains why he was lost out there most nights. I knew something happened to him in Toronto series- Kadri whacked him hard and crosschecked him in the chops area pretty hard as well. I never suspected a concussion- thought something may have been broken or fractured in the ribs possibly.

How in the heck did he get cleared to play? I also questioned Gryz coming back for game 7, but at least he sat out for a few games.

I'd like to know what grade Jake had. This is alarming to me that this kid played through that- so much could have happened to him out there the rest of the playoffs- getting another concussion on top of that one could have been career ending.

Can Dr's tell you have a concussion, even if the patient, says everything is fine ?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
How many of the last 48 hour complainers will wake up sometime in the next month with an upset tummy and call in sick to work?

Our boys made it to game 7 on heart and fight and character and grit

Im sure st louis wasbanged up too... this isnt about them. Our boys give us everything they got

Muy mal take.

How many of us are paid millions and are finely tuned atheletes.

Gtfoheaa

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
How many of the last 48 hour complainers will wake up sometime in the next month with an upset tummy and call in sick to work?

Our boys made it to game 7 on heart and fight and character and grit

Im sure st louis wasbanged up too... this isnt about them. Our boys give us everything they got

The Conn Smythe winner had cracked ribs. Have the Blues released their excu....Er injury list yet? No? Right because they won. I remember the Nucks announcing their list as well two days after and said oh well too bad, we played hurt too. No bruins seemed too injured in games 3 or 6 to me

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Muy mal take.

Gtfoheaa

People are still ok with the 3-0,3-0 loss because of a David Krejci injury four games before.

Hockey players are the toughest people/athletes in the world and much respect to them but they are all banged up this time of year, and battle through. I’m not going to say we lost because we had more or worse injuries, I think it’s lame

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I hope Jake didn't stretch the truth about his concussion in order to get back out there. I know, he's young & thus thinks he is 10 feet tall and bulletproof but you don't screw with an injury like that. :(
You know, ST, I have wondered since I read today's reports, if Jake doesn't feel the need to "suck it up" like his Dad did back in his playing days. Even though things were a little bit different and much more physical- it makes me wonder if Jake didn't put a little pressure on himself to be like his Dad.

I am probably way off base here and it may have no merit what so ever. It just made me wonder, though. His Dad was a tough competitor. Perhaps he's trying proudly to follow in his foot steps. That's not a bad thing by any means- certainly a wonderful nod to his Dad for sure. I could see a young kid trying hard to give back the gift given to him, know what I mean?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That is unbelievable. Explains why he was lost out there most nights. I knew something happened to him in Toronto series- Kadri whacked him hard and crosschecked him in the chops area pretty hard as well. I never suspected a concussion- thought something may have been broken or fractured in the ribs possibly.

How in the heck did he get cleared to play? I also questioned Gryz coming back for game 7, but at least he sat out for a few games.

I'd like to know what grade Jake had. This is alarming to me that this kid played through that- so much could have happened to him out there the rest of the playoffs- getting another concussion on top of that one could have been career ending.

I would LOVE to see Louie DeBrusk beat the living s*** out of Kadri! Just grab him by the neck and rag doll that b****!:mad:

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The Conn Smythe winner had cracked ribs. Have the Blues released their excu....Er injury list yet? No? Right because they won. I remember the Nucks announcing their list as well two days after and said oh well too bad, we played hurt too. No bruins seemed too injured in games 3 or 6 to me

right... you are a much better poster than this so I will leave my reply at that

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Muy mal take.

Gtfoheaa

how many of us predict Toronto in 4 and then feel like a fool as the team goes to the finals?

{it wasnt me so I will stick around and try to continue to support the team while some others should be doing their best to say they are sorry for their very crappy performance this past 2 months}

Reactions: Ladyfan

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The players listed with concussions, is that listing them as still being concussed? If so, doesn’t playing with a concussion completely go against what the NHL is trying to accomplish with the spotters and other concussion protocols they have in place?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I think there is a transitional period after a concussion where it's considered (somewhat) safe to return to action, but the player's timing, speed-of-decision-making and overall abilities are diminished for little while. I don't think those are necessarily considered "symptoms" since they likely don't show up anywhere but on the ice in a speedy game. But it sure does have an effect on the player's output..

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
how many of us predict Toronto in 4 and then feel like a fool as the team goes to the finals?

{it wasnt me so I will stick around and try to continue to support the team while some others should be doing their best to say they are sorry for their very crappy performance this past 2 months}

So you're conceding your sick day analogy was trash orrrrrr?

Reactions: BruinsFTW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad