Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-06-14-16-24-56~2.png

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Krejci being completely healthy shouldve at least gotten some time on the top line. That still pisses me off.

Reactions: BMC

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I have serious questions about the medical staff clearing DeBrusk.
That is unbelievable. Explains why he was lost out there most nights. I knew something happened to him in Toronto series- Kadri whacked him hard and crosschecked him in the chops area pretty hard as well. I never suspected a concussion- thought something may have been broken or fractured in the ribs possibly.

How in the heck did he get cleared to play? I also questioned Gryz coming back for game 7, but at least he sat out for a few games.

I'd like to know what grade Jake had. This is alarming to me that this kid played through that- so much could have happened to him out there the rest of the playoffs- getting another concussion on top of that one could have been career ending.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
These guys are warriors despite what some post about them not wanting it enough and whining about them not hitting enough. I'd like to see any of them even skate or get off the couch with some of these injuries.

I'm so proud of this team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That is unbelievable. Explains why he was lost out there most nights. I knew something happened to him in Toronto series- Kadri whacked him hard and crosschecked him in the chops area pretty hard as well. I never suspected a concussion- thought something may have been broken or fractured in the ribs possibly.

How in the heck did he get cleared to play? I also questioned Gryz coming back for game 7, but at least he sat out for a few games.

I'd like to know what grade Jake had. This is alarming to me that this kid played through that- so much could have happened to him out there the rest of the playoffs- getting another concussion on top of that one could have been career ending.
Maybe ask the NHL since they are the ones who created the guidelines.

I'm betting he has a different injury, perhaps an eye injury, that he won't disclose

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Maybe ask the NHL since they are the ones who created the guidelines.

I'm betting he has a different injury, perhaps an eye injury, that he won't disclose
How was Gryz cleared by the team doctors for practice but the neuropsychologist refused to clear him for the games? I assume they use the same neuropsychologist?

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
How was Gryz cleared by the team doctors for practice but the neuropsychologist refused to clear him for the games? I assume they use the same neuropsychologist?
You realize he passed his tests, they let him practice and something came back that forced him out?

Hey if you want to blame the Bruins doctors and essentially Mass General Hospital then go right ahead.

Perhaps they need to re-examine the protocol again.

Reactions: Cronuss

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
You realize he passed his tests, they let him practice and something came back that forced him out?

Hey if you want to blame the Bruins doctors and essentially Mass General Hospital then go right ahead.

Perhaps they need to re-examine the protocol again.
Yes, I do, Ali. I do. I lived with my oldest daughter who suffered for several years from post concussion syndrome. Saw symptoms go away for a day or several only to come back full force. You never want to see someone get a concussion in the first place, but a second one top of the first one could have terrible lifelong consequences for anyone, not just an NHL player.

Did Jake not tell them he was suffering from symptoms after he was cleared? That could have also happened. Not saying he did, but maybe he tried to play through them. Like my daughter who's coach didn't see her get hit hard on the left side of the head- she ran for a mile and a half afterwards, suffering through symptoms and almost passing out from them- to try and make a varsity team. She had no clue she had a concussion, though, she thought she would be fine with some Tylenol after practice.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yes, I do, Ali. I do. I lived with my oldest daughter who suffered for several years from post concussion syndrome. Saw symptoms go away for a day or several only to come back full force. You never want to see someone get a concussion in the first place, but a second one top of the first one could have terrible lifelong consequences for anyone, not just an NHL player.

Did Jake not tell them he was suffering from symptoms after he was cleared? That could have also happened. Not saying he did, but maybe he tried to play through them. Like my daughter who's coach didn't see her get hit hard on the left side of the head- she ran for a mile and a half afterwards, suffering through symptoms and almost passing out from them- to try and make a varsity team. She had no clue she had a concussion, though, she thought she would be fine with some Tylenol after practice.
I'm sorry about your daughter but unless DeBrusk or the Bruins decide to share what other injury he was playing through, I'm not pointing fingers at the doctors or Jake.

If anything, I'm going after the league for turning a blind eye to all the hits to the head this post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad