Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This infection flair up is concerning. Ritchie shouldn't play until whatever is infected is fully healed.

We are back to only having 2 consistent lines.

Something needs to be done with the 2nd line RW position because I'm getting real tired of the inconsistency.

Reactions: BMC

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Bergeron probably in, Ritchie out

Also, not in this tweet. But Backes is skating

Bergeron was up with Marchy/Pasta and Krejci was practicing with DeBrusk before the Devils game too, I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying probably in.

Edit: Nvm Cassidy said he fully expects Bergy to play

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't think he is better then a healthy Miller. Miller plays a much more robust game and because of sheer size and strength wins most of his puck battles, he also provides as much offense as Clifton.

I agree. Miller is a better all-around player at this point, and he brings some sturdiness down low that Clifton doesn't. The downside is it's probably only a matter of weeks (or days even) before Miller would pick up another injury and if Clifton is sent back to avoid waivers, we are possibly stuck with a long-term Kampfer.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree. Miller is a better all-around player at this point, and he brings some sturdiness down low that Clifton doesn't. The downside is it's probably only a matter of weeks (or days even) before Miller would pick up another injury and if Clifton is sent back to avoid waivers, we are possibly stuck with a long-term Kampfer.
My hope is Kevan stays healthy as I like what he brings to the team.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

If that's the case, they could always call Clifton back up.

so if miller is out all week as cassidy said, that means earliest is tuesday vs montreal. and
with back to backs, that probably means not til wednesday vs ottawa. and wednesday vs
ottawa would be game 60 for clifton, which means waivers forever. math.

I would think Kampfer will be the odd man out and sent to Providence. At this point, doesn't matter if it's Wednesday or not. There's bound to be an injury at some point where he would get called up again so he's going to need waivers at some point this year. (that's my guess).

And I think Clifton/Miller would both get the nod over Kampfer for PK ability.

There's also the possibility Miller would accept a 3 game conditioning loan (could be as many as 5 if Mr Bettman approves) with Providence. He hasn't played in how long? He would have to agree to it, but it would buy the Bruins almost 2 weeks to make roster decisions, although he would still count against the cap.

Heck, Zach Parise once accepted a conditioning stint with the Wild. Why wouldn't Miller?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I would think Kampfer will be the odd man out and sent to Providence. At this point, doesn't matter if it's Wednesday or not. There's bound to be an injury at some point where he would get called up again so he's going to need waivers at some point this year. (that's my guess).

And I think Clifton/Miller would both get the nod over Kampfer for PK ability.

the more i think about it, the more i'm agreeing with you. and the underrated
move was sweeney giving kampfer 2 years at NHL money. doing that easily
bumps the chances of him getting through waivers. i don't think a lot of teams are
interested in a depth defenseman taking up 2 years on the cap (and as you said,
then he's through waivers and you don't have issues bringing him back).

with all that being said, i'd rather see them trade moore if there's a market. even
if that market is basically anything besides handing over an asset to do so.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I don't think he is better then a healthy Miller. Miller plays a much more robust game and because of sheer size and strength wins most of his puck battles, he also provides as much offense as Clifton.

I agree for the most part but do think Clifton has the edge in skating and offense while Miller has the edge in grit and heaviness. Don't get me wrong Miller has absolutely made me eat my words over the years with his skating improvements but I do feel like Clifton could easily be a productive bottom 6 winger.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Miller has not played a full season in years because he seems to be always injured because of his style. He is much more physical than Cliffy because of his size. At times though he tends to screen the goalies getting caught in no mans land. I think Cliffy skates it out slightly better and has a better scoring touch.

Miller probably cannot fight anymore with his wonky shoulder or has to pick his spots. We have no clue how he has recovered till we see. Cliffy has been a good bottom pairing guy this year, he still needs to hit the 200 game mark to see what we really have with him, he is still a newbie. Gonna be interesting to see what they end up doing. More than likely Miller goes back to his spot and Cliffy goes down.

Last edited:

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
This may be the deepest Bruins team ever. Despite the many injuries, there always seems to be a fill-in off almost equal quality (apart from the first line, plus Krejci and Coyle). Great job by Sweeney.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
from today's Globe:

Bergeron, believed to be dealing with recurring groin issues, assumed his usual spot centering the No. 1 line Thursday against Buffalo after a two-game precautionary absence.
“The last three years have kind of opened my eyes even more so about that,” Bergeron said of taking it slowly with injuries. “There’s always something to learn, and that’s definitely something that I had to learn.”
The 34-year-old, who has played through a litany of ailments in the past, said the Bruins’ medical staff held him out of Tuesday’s game in New Jersey.

David Backes, who knocked heads with Ottawa’s Scott Sabourin on Nov. 2, skated after practice. Cassidy noted he was scheduled to “do a little more” on Thursday, “whether it’s in the gym or on the ice.” Sabourin, who was hospitalized after the collision, is still off skates . . . Cassidy said Karson Kuhlman (cracked right tibia) didn’t receive good news on a recent MRI, and is still wearing a protective boot. Kuhlman was expected to be re-evaluated four weeks after his Oct. 19 injury . . . Torey Krug (upper body) participated in the morning skate in a non-contact jersey, as did fellow blue liner John Moore (shoulder). Krug remains on track for a Saturday return. Moore is still weeks away . . . Kevan Miller (knee) could be available next week . . .

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He hurt his hand, not sure but it might have been a skate cut
Think I seen it was 18 stitches, gotta worry with the infection thing going around. He has been playing good and brings more than most players to the plate in the bottom six.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The Beat Goes On

Cassidy also provided a number of other updates on the injury front:

Par Lindholm (cut) | Did not practice, could play Saturday

"He got cut [on Thursday night] - an 18-stitch cut in the first period," said Cassidy. "Today, residual effect of that. He would have been out there, but I just don't think he was 100 percent mobile to do that. I would hope it settles down tomorrow, but I don't know to be honest with you."

Kevan Miller (knee) | Did not practice, no timetable

"A little setback, I guess," said Cassidy. "They wanted to hold him off. Don't think it's major, but again, I think from Day 1 we're being really cautious at every turn. We don't want him to go through what he went through last year. The medical staff would rather him be truly 100 percent ready, everything, checked all the boxes.
"If that takes an extra week or two on this end then that's the way we're hoping it will play out, that he's then basically as good as new when he gets out there, and off he goes."

John Moore (shoulder) | Practiced in full, still two weeks out

"He's not available at all," said Cassidy. "He's a little bit away. He's in a full jersey now, but we'll talk about him more in a couple weeks. He's not playing next week."

Brett Ritchie (infection) | Practiced, could play Saturday

"Ritchie came back much better today," said Cassidy. "Kind of an ongoing issue, hopefully we can get a solution too. Really through no fault of his own. It's fits and starts for him, hopefully we get him squared away and this takes care of itself.
"Having him out there today, we'll see if he comes in tomorrow with no residual effect and he should be good [to play]."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad