Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
One forward injury after another...just like the D last year. Luckily none of the top players yet (except Krejci)...knock on wood.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
David Backes likely to miss at least two games

Backes, involved in a crash on Saturday with Ottawa forwardScott Sabourin that sent the latter to the hospital, is likely to miss the Bruins’ next two games, at least

Coach Bruce Cassidy pegged Backes as “doubtful” to play Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday in Montreal, but he did not have more detailed information on Backes’s condition. The club announced that Backes has an undisclosed upper-body injury.

Heard it's Backes' left shoulder that is injured. :dunno:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He came back last night and was on the bench for the end of the third.
Thanks for the info LF. That's great news. They mentioned that someone was on bench holding a towel, but I missed who and assumed it was Krug. He dodged a bullet last night as well. Got kicked in face with skate and cut on the waived off goal -- fortunately on jaw and not anywhere else.

Reactions: Ladyfan

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Debrusk’s status changed to “Out” on yahoo but no update with it. Do any of you guys know what’s up by chance?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wonder of wonders it isn't anyone on the top line going down. I hope I didn't just jinx them :eek:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
After Sunday's game against Philly, they are going to have to send Bjork down. He's on emergency call up so he can only stay up for 9 games.

But I'm warning you now, DON"T FLIP OUT!!

It will be a paper transaction and they'll bring him right back up as a regular recall.

I'm surprised Cehlarik wasn't an emergency call up. After 9 cumulative games, he'll require waivers to go back down again.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
After Sunday's game against Philly, they are going to have to send Bjork down. He's on emergency call up so he can only stay up for 9 games.

But I'm warning you now, DON"T FLIP OUT!!

It will be a paper transaction and they'll bring him right back up as a regular recall.

I'm surprised Cehlarik wasn't an emergency call up. After 9 cumulative games, he'll require waivers to go back down again.[/QUOTE]

Cool...this is a make it on the bruins moment or a trade aspirations by bruin brass moment.

Don't see him clearing waivers this time. Very interesting times.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Latest injury details from the B's website:

Jake DeBrusk did not practice on Thursday morning and will not travel to Detroit for Friday night's game against the Red Wings as he deals with a lower-body injury suffered against Montreal. Cassidy said the winger's status beyond that remains in question as he undergoes more testing.

Joakim Nordstrom (infection), Par Lindholm (upper body), and Kevan Miller (knee) all practiced in maroon non-contact jerseys as they make their way back from injury. David Backes (upper body) did not skate, but is feeling better, per Cassidy.

Out of that group, Nordstrom is the closest to a return to game action. Miller, who has not played since April, could be just a couple of weeks away from suiting up. "Wouldn't be Tuesday [against Florida]…I wouldn't rule out [next weekend], but I think it's more likely the following week [of November 18]," said Cassidy.

John Moore, meanwhile, skated on his own before practice but is nearing a return to the full group. The defenseman has been rehabbing from offseason shoulder surgery. "He's able to join the group a little bit now on some of the line drills," said Cassidy. "We just had eight D out there…he's not ready for contact."

Link: Following Strong Debut, Senyshyn Looking to Build

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Latest injury details from the B's website:

Jake DeBrusk did not practice on Thursday morning and will not travel to Detroit for Friday night's game against the Red Wings as he deals with a lower-body injury suffered against Montreal. Cassidy said the winger's status beyond that remains in question as he undergoes more testing.

Joakim Nordstrom (infection), Par Lindholm (upper body), and Kevan Miller (knee) all practiced in maroon non-contact jerseys as they make their way back from injury. David Backes (upper body) did not skate, but is feeling better, per Cassidy.

Out of that group, Nordstrom is the closest to a return to game action. Miller, who has not played since April, could be just a couple of weeks away from suiting up. "Wouldn't be Tuesday [against Florida]…I wouldn't rule out [next weekend], but I think it's more likely the following week [of November 18]," said Cassidy.

John Moore, meanwhile, skated on his own before practice but is nearing a return to the full group. The defenseman has been rehabbing from offseason shoulder surgery. "He's able to join the group a little bit now on some of the line drills," said Cassidy. "We just had eight D out there…he's not ready for contact."

Link: Following Strong Debut, Senyshyn Looking to Build
Can`t recall a play/hit Jake took that might be the injury he`s dealing with but in all honesty, the guy always takes forever getting up after being on the ice so I always think he`s injured:laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Still on the outs

David Backes (upper body) was “feeling better,” but did not skate Thursday. He will not play against Detroit. Joakim Nordstrom (infected elbow), Kevan Miller (knee), and Par Lindholm (upper body) practiced in red (noncontact) jerseys. All remain out, though Cassidy said Miller could return the week after next. Nov. 19 at New Jersey or Nov. 21 against Buffalo are possibilities . . . John Moore (shoulder), who like Miller has not played this season, is close to rejoining practice . . .

Reactions: Ladyfan

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Aren't they almost going to have to trade Moore when he gets back? Maybe for a pick? And could Cehlarik possibly get a late-round pick for a team thinking all he needs is a fresh start? Or maybe they won't have to trade anybody if the injuries keep coming at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad