Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not saying they will but Boston could poison pill Gryz's contract to keep Seattle away
Baring what you suggest or some other machinations.... I’m with you on what I think you are suggesting. Bruins have some good D that we’ll have to expose, but all things being equal, any GM who didn’t take Gryz won’t be a very good GM IMO.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We will never know what might have happened in the SCF. However, what is undeniable is that STL ran our D with a seemingly endless run of cheap and high hits. Look now further than what happened to Gryz and the undeniable loss he represented. League did little to nothing to curb the head shots, and still seem to give STL a pass even now.

Would the toughness (and solid D play) that KM offers(ed) have made a difference? Logic dictates maybe so. I don’t knowfor sure — none of us do. I do know it is foolish to definitively say he would not.

I’m with you LF. KM has been a tough, reliable D-man for Boston. Who knows how he comes back from a bad knee injury? If he never plays another game for Boston I for one will tip my hat to him and thank him for all he’s given to Boston.

I’ll also scorn fans who argue he’s was and is no good. That they represent uninformed and not very bright “fans” is the best and most polite I can be.
Well said !

Reactions: sebskym and caz16

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I hate the what ifs and all that but truth be told I honestly think the B's win the series vs. St. Louis with Wagner, Moore & Miller available.

I take nothing away from St. Louis either, I am not saying it would have been easy but if those guys were on the roster and it goes 7......oh well.
You are exactly right
You need these types of players in the playoffs
Not going to be a popular post but you are right on

Reactions: BMC and Maine Fan

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ritchie out with infection. cehlarik probably with kuraly and backes.
we'll see how that goes. would like to see senyshyn up with coyle and bjork,
then wagner can go back to line 4 (figure he's with coyle tonight).

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
ritchie out with infection. cehlarik probably with kuraly and backes.
we'll see how that goes. would like to see senyshyn up with coyle and bjork,
then wagner can go back to line 4 (figure he's with coyle tonight).
Wonder if Cehlarik was bummed out missing that near 5 hour bus ride from Utica to Hershey?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
We will never know what might have happened in the SCF. However, what is undeniable is that STL ran our D with a seemingly endless run of cheap and high hits. Look now further than what happened to Gryz and the undeniable loss he represented. League did little to nothing to curb the head shots, and still seem to give STL a pass even now.

Would the toughness (and solid D play) that KM offers(ed) have made a difference? Logic dictates maybe so. I don’t knowfor sure — none of us do. I do know it is foolish to definitively say he would not.

I’m with you LF. KM has been a tough, reliable D-man for Boston. Who knows how he comes back from a bad knee injury? If he never plays another game for Boston I for one will tip my hat to him and thank him for all he’s given to Boston.

I’ll also scorn fans who argue he’s was and is no good. That they represent uninformed and not very bright “fans” is the best and most polite I can be.

Berube gets ornery when he has to play shorthanded (especially against the Bruins) because his big goons are not the best PKers in the world and he doesn't like to lose. "Then tell your goon squad to stop all the dirty, low-down, horse**** infractions they continually commit Craig".

It almost seems like the refs are either afraid of or tired of constantly arguing with the whiny, weasel face, head coach of the Blews over every friggin penalty call (and there's so many that could be called). Instead of clamping down on all the Blews dirty hits and head shots, the league caters to them and allows some of the blatant stuff to slide. Ever since Berube got all pissy and started crying to the refs about giving Bruins too many PP's after game 3 ...the refs turned yellow.

His constant *****ing and complaining about warranted, dirty, cheap shot penalties that his little angels keep committing has the refs a little hesitant to make too many calls against weasel face.

But what the league has to realize (hopefully sooner than later) is that Berube doesn't show any remorse for all the blatant head shots/cheap shots his team administers....it seems like he actually encourages it.
...and by allowing some of the dangerous, dirty crap the Blews pull off, the officials are not doing their ****ing jobs and should be replaced asap by somebody who will. If it's allowed to continue, someone is gonna get hurt bad as long as the headhunting goon squad is able to roam free on the ice trying to maim players with their head-seeking helmets ...with little to no consequences.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Every once in a while someone posts something brilliant. This is one of them. This from someone who has given up on Miller. Always loved his game, always hated that he was never available when it mattered.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
What happened to backes? I saw the hit from Sabourin, who was stretched out, but Backes didn't playe afterwards. It didn't look bad at all on Backes

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What happened to backes? I saw the hit from Sabourin, who was stretched out, but Backes didn't playe afterwards. It didn't look bad at all on Backes
I know he was shaken up and upset (worried about Sabourin). Honestly from where I sat all players from both teams were upset. The fans were as well. I hope David will be OK. The kid hit him pretty hard.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I know he was shaken up and upset (worried about Sabourin). Honestly from where I sat all players from both teams were upset. The fans were as well. I hope David will be OK. The kid hit him pretty hard.

That game must have been difficult to finish..players were clearly shaken up.

Hate to think this / hoping this doesn't result in a PTSD situation for Backes. :( . His expression/eyes said it all.

Never heard an arena that silent.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Unfortunately they announced later in game that Backes would not return due to UBI. Not sure if that was a case of being conservative given how emotional Backes was or if the concussion protocol showed something.

I agree, Backes seemed physically ok after collision. Tough incident — pulling for both guys.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/david-backes-forced-exit-bruins-win-suspected-concussion

Bruce Cassidy said following the game that one could “do the math” on the upper body injury, meaning that Backes had suffered another suspected concussion.
That’s concerning news for an aging player with a history of concussions, who was done for the night after two shifts and a grand total of 34 seconds on the ice.

-#)-*)-* Haggs is such a #--&+$*:-&_ $-5_$:++& grand total of 34 seconds, he just can't help be a #-$_;-_

If two trains collide how long ago they left the station isnt really important.

Reactions: BMC

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Nordstrom, meanwhile, has been ruled out through at least Tuesday's visit to Montreal, meaning he will miss the next three games.

"We're looking down the road for him," said Cassidy. "I think there's an issue when you have what he has [because] you can't sweat for X-amount of time, you're very inactive. That sets you back right there…maybe Friday's an option, I don't know."

Need to Know: Bruins vs. Senators

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That game must have been difficult to finish..players were clearly shaken up.

Hate to think this / hoping this doesn't result in a PTSD situation for Backes. :( . His expression/eyes said it all.

Never heard an arena that silent.
All players (and fans) were concerned. Once everyone heard that Sabourin would probably be OK they seemed to be able to get into the game.

I just hope our David B. is OK.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Backes likely to miss at least two games

Backes, involved in a crash on Saturday with Ottawa forwardScott Sabourin that sent the latter to the hospital, is likely to miss the Bruins’ next two games, at least

Coach Bruce Cassidy pegged Backes as “doubtful” to play Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday in Montreal, but he did not have more detailed information on Backes’s condition. The club announced that Backes has an undisclosed upper-body injury.

Carrying 12 healthy forwards with Backes, Joakim Nordstrom (elbow infection), KarsonKuhlman (broken leg), Par Lindholm (upper body) out of the lineup, the Bruins could make a call to Providence if Brett Ritchie (infected cut) cannot play Monday. Ritchie, who sat out Saturday’s game, skated during a lightly-attended Sunday session. Ritchie would slot in with third-line center Charlie Coyle and left wing Anders Bjork. Even if Ritchie can play, Cassidy and general manager Don Sweeney could determine Peter Cehlarik (9:55 of ice time against the Sens) isn’t a fit with fourth-liners Sean Kuraly and Chris Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad