Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If they do plan on sending him down, I believe they'll have to do it before Clifton plays 6 more games or he will have to clear waivers, which certainly won't happen. So more than likely it'll be Kampfer although I believe its a pretty good chance he gets claimed as well.

So hopefully Sweeney can make a deal and move a Moore/Miller or Kampfer for some assets.
Kampfer has a decent contract too,he'd get claimed
Sucks for Clifton but I'd send him down now or play Kampfer next few games to buy more time

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If they do plan on sending him down, I believe they'll have to do it before Clifton plays 6 more games or he will have to clear waivers, which certainly won't happen. So more than likely it'll be Kampfer although I believe its a pretty good chance he gets claimed as well.

So hopefully Sweeney can make a deal and move a Moore/Miller or Kampfer for some assets.

13 games

3 years or 60 games required for waivers

- 37 games played last season (including playoffs)
- 10 games played this season

60 - 37 - 10 = 13

That brings it to November 26 versus the Habs if he plays every game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If Lindholm can`t go, who is in Providence that should be called up who is best suited for short term duty? Frederic/Hughes? Not sure if Studs is ready yet but also can`t make any exclamations on that as I haven`t seen him play

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wonder if Carey gets a shot if Lindholm is out.

If he does, he'll play game #100.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If Lindholm can`t go, who is in Providence that should be called up who is best suited for short term duty? Frederic/Hughes? Not sure if Studs is ready yet but also can`t make any exclamations on that as I haven`t seen him play
Short term you can pick anyone from the litter except Studnicka, he's more end of the year ish,good start for him though

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Aches and pains

Already missing second-line center David Krejci and winger Karson Kuhlman, the Bruins faced the Rangers without a pair of fourth-line wingers. Then they lost a center during the game.

An infection issue, coach Bruce Cassidy said before puck drop at Madison Square Garden, kept Joakim Nordstrom out of the lineup. So was Chris Wagner, who was limping after blocking an Alex Pietrangelo blast with his left foot in Saturday’s 3-0 win over the Blues. On Sunday, Par Lindholm left with an upper-body injury after skating 7:04.

Cassidy was hoping Krejci (upper body) could return for Tuesday’s home game against the Sharks, but wasn’t certain if he will.

Nordstrom spent the offseason recovering from a foot injury sustained in the playoffs, and picked up an undisclosed upper-body ailment. He missed the first three games, played four, then missed two more. Wagner, who missed the Stanley Cup Final with a broken forearm (thanks to a Justin Faulk slapper in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final), had been healthy for every game (0-2—2).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Aches and pains

Already missing second-line center David Krejci and winger Karson Kuhlman, the Bruins faced the Rangers without a pair of fourth-line wingers. Then they lost a center during the game.

An infection issue, coach Bruce Cassidy said before puck drop at Madison Square Garden, kept Joakim Nordstrom out of the lineup. So was Chris Wagner, who was limping after blocking an Alex Pietrangelo blast with his left foot in Saturday’s 3-0 win over the Blues. On Sunday, Par Lindholm left with an upper-body injury after skating 7:04.

Cassidy was hoping Krejci (upper body) could return for Tuesday’s home game against the Sharks, but wasn’t certain if he will.

Nordstrom spent the offseason recovering from a foot injury sustained in the playoffs, and picked up an undisclosed upper-body ailment. He missed the first three games, played four, then missed two more. Wagner, who missed the Stanley Cup Final with a broken forearm (thanks to a Justin Faulk slapper in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final), had been healthy for every game (0-2—2).

Up to 6 lives (injuries) before all 9 lives are used up for Backes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Miller practicing with full group (non contact)

what a long road back for him (Moore too), can`t even imagine being a pro athlete and not being able to do the thing you love the most. No clue how all of this will pan out if and when the back end is healthy though, suppose all are good problems to have

Reactions: blazenlo and BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
what a long road back for him (Moore too), can`t even imagine being a pro athlete and not being able to do the thing you love the most. No clue how all of this will pan out if and when the back end is healthy though, suppose all are good problems to have

I hate to say this but we need Moore and Miller healthy again so we can prove their fitness and trade one or both of them.

Sounds harsh after all the effort and rehab they've put in to recover, but then the reality is that both would struggle to get a game in Boston when fit, although Miller probably has slightly better prospects in that regard. Regardless, they're both still NHL calibre, so it may be to the benefit of everybody if they end up somewhere where they're going to get a lot more game time and we get some offensive help in return.

Reactions: mg08 and Estlin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I would keep Miller and trade Moore.

As long as the sums add up that's how I'd go too. Miller as a bigger, physical player is something we don't have a lot of, plus we know that Chara doesn't have too long left. We have Cliffy (small in stature but plays a tough game), and Carlo has the ability to increase his physicality, as does Vaak in time, but in the short term Miller still has sometime to offer with his physicality and presence that the Bruins are in need of.

Whereas Moore is really just another smaller, mobile D, and we have a number of those both in Boston and Providence, some of them better than Moore already and one or two with the potential to at least reach his level. I like him and he definitely still has a lot to offer as a solid defender, but it's probably going to be with another team.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
As long as the sums add up that's how I'd go too. Miller as a bigger, physical player is something we don't have a lot of, plus we know that Chara doesn't have too long left. We have Cliffy (small in stature but plays a tough game), and Carlo has the ability to increase his physicality, as does Vaak in time, but in the short term Miller still has sometime to offer with his physicality and presence that the Bruins are in need of.

Whereas Moore is really just another smaller, mobile D, and we have a number of those both in Boston and Providence, some of them better than Moore already and one or two with the potential to at least reach his level. I like him and he definitely still has a lot to offer as a solid defender, but it's probably going to be with another team.

Moore is 6'2" 210#

Reactions: Blowfish

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Moore is 6'2" 210#

I'm aware of Moore's size but he doesn't play like a big or overly strong guy. He's hard enough on the puck but he's not really one to throw his weight around - Clifton's 5'11" and plays a more physical game than Moore does. Carlo's comfortably bigger at 6'5" and yeah he can take care of himself, but again even he's not a 'heavy' player. That's no criticism of either of them, it's just how they are.

The point is that Miller brings something in his physicality and strength that is in fairly short supply on the Bruins. Moore is an equally capable defenseman but plays in a similar way to a number of others. If one of them has to go, and I reckon one does if we're serious about another Cup tilt, then I'd reluctantly choose Moore.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad