Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Krejci still questionable for Bruins’ season opener - The Boston Globe

David Krejci wore a red, noncontact sweater during the Bruins’ Tuesday morning skate in Brighton. The question remains whether the veteran center, hurt last week in his only exhibition appearance, will pull on the Black and Gold Thursday night in Dallas when the Bruins open the 2019-20 season.

“I would hope so, I would love to play, but I can’t give an answer right now,” said Krejci, his spot at No. 2 center again filled by newcomer Par Lindholm during the workout. “I skated [Monday] and today with the team a little bit — so, obviously, that means I feel a little better. It’s hard to given answer right now.”

Krejci, 33, appeared to injure a leg or groin only two shifts into the exhibition game against the Devils last Wednesday at TD Garden. Felled in the slot while attempting to generate a scoring chance, he skated off under his own power but did not return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom-six forward Joakim Nordstrom, who suffered a new injury (undisclosed) during training camp, was placed on the injured reserve list . . .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
David Krejci still questionable for Bruins’ season opener - The Boston Globe

David Krejci wore a red, noncontact sweater during the Bruins’ Tuesday morning skate in Brighton. The question remains whether the veteran center, hurt last week in his only exhibition appearance, will pull on the Black and Gold Thursday night in Dallas when the Bruins open the 2019-20 season.

“I would hope so, I would love to play, but I can’t give an answer right now,” said Krejci, his spot at No. 2 center again filled by newcomer Par Lindholm during the workout. “I skated [Monday] and today with the team a little bit — so, obviously, that means I feel a little better. It’s hard to given answer right now.”

Krejci, 33, appeared to injure a leg or groin only two shifts into the exhibition game against the Devils last Wednesday at TD Garden. Felled in the slot while attempting to generate a scoring chance, he skated off under his own power but did not return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom-six forward Joakim Nordstrom, who suffered a new injury (undisclosed) during training camp, was placed on the injured reserve list . . .
Sit DK until he is OK. No point in playing injured.

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
So I'm surprised nothing has been said here. WTF happened at the end of the game? Is Rask ok? Went to bed right after he was helped off.

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
So how does a professional sports player get cramps from heat and dehydration on an ice rink?

I was in Vegas 3 days ago it's not that hot, and doesnt NHL use hydration tests?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So how does a professional sports player get cramps from heat and dehydration on an ice rink?

I was in Vegas 3 days ago it's not that hot, and doesnt NHL use hydration tests?

Because they are humans like the rest of us. I was hospitalized for dehydration and guess where i was...in my daughters room assembling a crib, in a house with central air on a cool day.

It happens.

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
I'm a goalie I was there for a beer league thing.

I'm not saying hes not fine. Unless he went on a really fun night out dehydration doesnt make sense. It is Vegas though, maybe he did.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Krejci appears to aggravate injury - The Boston Globe

Krejci, who skated just 4:43 over seven shifts against Anaheim, appeared to aggravate his lower-body injury (believed to be a knee), which dates to the preseason. Coach Bruce Cassidy hoped that Krejci, who skated just 1:22 in one preseason contest against the Flyers before exiting with the ailment, would benefit from Tuesday’s off day. Otherwise, he didn’t have much of an update.

Update 15 Oct :

David Krejci skates, but not for long - The Boston Globe

Krejci, who skated just 4:43 over seven shifts against Anaheim. Coach Bruce Cassidy hoped that Krejci, who skated just 1:22 in one preseason contest against the Flyers before exiting with a lower-body injury, would benefit from Tuesday’s off day.

With 7:55 left in the first period, Krejci took a cross-check to the right arm from Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf. On NESN’s postgame show, Cassidy said Krejci had an “upper body” injury. “I think he got cross-checked, tried to keep playing, and it just was uncomfortable,” Cassidy said. “I suspect — but I’ve said this before — it won’t be long-term.” Before finally departing for good, Krejci took an elbow to the right side from Ducks defenseman Josh Manson.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Bruins’ David Krejci unlikely to play against Lightning - The Boston Globe

David Krejci
left Wednesday’s practice midway through, and it seems the veteran center, who has had a rough go of it healthwise, may not be ready to face Tampa on Thursday at TD Garden.

“Tomorrow we’ll see how he is,” coach Bruce Cassidy said after the team practiced in Brighton. “I’d put him as day-to-day.”

As such, the Bruins (5-1-0) are at risk of starting a tough stretch without their No. 2 center. After Thursday’s date with the Lightning (3-2-1), they have a home-away series with the Maple Leafs, beginning Saturday in Toronto and returning Tuesday to Boston. After those Atlantic Division games, the Bruins host the Blues next Saturday in a Stanley Cup Final rematch. That starts a back-to-back that takes them to New York to face the Rangers the following evening.

No return set for Miller

Defenseman Kevan Miller, who had a pair of knee surgeries in the spring, is skating on his own, but a return date is not clear. “So far so good,” Cassidy said. “He’s working hard on the drills he’s been getting.”

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/bruins-kevan-miller-getting-closer-return-says-bruce-cassidy

“I don’t know if it’s two (days) on, one off, or what they’ve got him on,” Cassidy said. “But he’s getting closer. Until he’s with the team, it’s hard to project (a return date). Let’s get him with the team, get him in a normal sweater, get some contact and I’ll probably have a better timeline of when he can return. So far so good, he’s working hard on the drills he’s been given.”

David Krejci Injury: Bruce Cassidy Shares Promising Update On Bruins Center

In the Bruins’ first practice since Monday’s game, Krejci on Wednesday took part in some — but not all — of practice. After the session, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy indicated that Krejci is day-to-day while “nursing an upper-body injury.” The chance remains that Krejci plays in Thursday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Here’s how the Bruins’ lines looked without Krejci.

Brad Marchand–Patrice Bergeron–David Pastrnak
Jake DeBrusk–Charlie Coyle–Brett Ritchie
Danton Heinen–David Backes/Par Lindholm–Karson Kuhlman
Joakim Nordstrom–Sean Kuraly–Chris Wagner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->