Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The Conn Smythe winner had cracked ribs. Have the Blues released their excu....Er injury list yet? No? Right because they won. I remember the Nucks announcing their list as well two days after and said oh well too bad, we played hurt too. No bruins seemed too injured in games 3 or 6 to me

Did the Bruins even lay a finger on him? I don't think they did.In the other series leading up to the finals you could see the sharks and Stars were targeting O'Reilly,and making him pay for every stride he took, the Bruins not so much.

O'Reilly looked like a beaten man coming into the finals.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
How does a thumb injury cause boneheaded decisions??? I get it, he couldn't shoot but his thumb has zero to do with his brain.

You cant grip your stick right or with any strength. Makes it very easy to lift your stick, smack the puck away from you, and generally take the puck off your stick. You'd be a turnover machine if the opponent found out and went after the puck whenever you had it. You also could not shoot very well and would have a very hard time getting the puck off the ice on any shot.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I hope Jake didn't stretch the truth about his concussion in order to get back out there. I know, he's young & thus thinks he is 10 feet tall and bulletproof but you don't screw with an injury like that. :(

If he did, there are quite a few guys in that locker room who would be sitting him down right now for a talk, Bergeron being at the front. Way too many guys in that room with concussion histories and hard stories to not turn him straight on the matter.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Did the Bruins even lay a finger on him? I don't think they did.In the other series leading up to the finals you could see the sharks and Stars were targeting O'Reilly,and making him pay for every stride he took, the Bruins not so much.

O'Reilly looked like a beaten man coming into the finals.

Broke them vs the Jets iirc. Still won Conn Smythe somehow.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Broke them vs the Jets iirc. Still won Conn Smythe somehow.

Other teams seem to target our players with rough stuff.

Definitely wasn't a game plan of ours.

Gryz was targeted at times, Pastrnak was targeted in the last 3 series.

But the Bruins never seemed to go out and try and make life tough for the Marners, Matthews, Panarins, Ahos, RoRs, Tarasenkos, etc.

Too many guys laying off hits. Not giving them those extra shots in the scrums.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
All these injuries make you wonder what use are the black aces?

I mean if Moore can barely hold a stick why isn't Vaakananien in?

With all the injuries to forwards nobody was worth being a substitute?

At what point is the experienced guy at 50% or less better than the young/reserve player at 100%? Looking at that injury list it's hard to imagine there weren't at least a couple of options available that would have been better. Gemel Smith, Paul Carey, Urho or Lauzon, It's a bit hard to understand.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If Debrusk played down his concussion to trainers not a single player in that locker room would have talked him out of it. And they shouldn’t have.

Players don’t look at concussions the same until they’re retired and broke. You’re not letting a concussion get in the way of a Stanley cup.

If he was cleared, he was playing.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
At what point is the experienced guy at 50% or less better than the young/reserve player at 100%? Looking at that injury list it's hard to imagine there weren't at least a couple of options available that would have been better. Gemel Smith, Paul Carey, Urho or Lauzon, It's a bit hard to understand.

Fresh legs means so much,the later you get into the playoffs. You can look no further than Sanford and Kuhlman. I don't know,but Bergeron just wasn't the Begeron we were used to seeing until maybe the final 15 minutes of game seven as it was pretty apparent at that point,that it really didn't matter if he injured himself further.

bardown23

Live for hockey
Aug 10, 2012
If Debrusk played down his concussion to trainers not a single player in that locker room would have talked him out of it. And they shouldn’t have.

Players don’t look at concussions the same until they’re retired and broke. You’re not letting a concussion get in the way of a Stanley cup.

If he was cleared, he was playing.

Not a good sign if he was battling concussion symptoms for over a month.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You know, ST, I have wondered since I read today's reports, if Jake doesn't feel the need to "suck it up" like his Dad did back in his playing days. Even though things were a little bit different and much more physical- it makes me wonder if Jake didn't put a little pressure on himself to be like his Dad.

I am probably way off base here and it may have no merit what so ever. It just made me wonder, though. His Dad was a tough competitor. Perhaps he's trying proudly to follow in his foot steps. That's not a bad thing by any means- certainly a wonderful nod to his Dad for sure. I could see a young kid trying hard to give back the gift given to him, know what I mean?

I hear you loud & clear ST. I can easily see the son of a former NHLer doing this.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
"Adding to the team’s laundry list of injuries, Sweeney said Acciari will receive secondary testing on his heel, and forward David Backes has “something he’s following up on” as well. Sweeney also noted that center Joakim Nordstrom suffered a small fracture in his foot but will not require surgery. The updates come a couple of days after several players revealed the extent to which they were battling injuries during the series. “It’s a testament to the courage of each and every one of them to push themselves,” Sweeney said.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
"Adding to the team’s laundry list of injuries, Sweeney said Acciari will receive secondary testing on his heel, and forward David Backes has “something he’s following up on” as well. Sweeney also noted that center Joakim Nordstrom suffered a small fracture in his foot but will not require surgery. The updates come a couple of days after several players revealed the extent to which they were battling injuries during the series. “It’s a testament to the courage of each and every one of them to push themselves,” Sweeney said.
I hope Backes isn't dealing with concussion symptoms again after all those high hits he took.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I guess Nordy's epic shift was even more Campbell-esque than we thought.
Yep, that was a hell of a shift. Not sure if it was confirmed that that was the shift that injured him, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yep, that was a hell of a shift. Not sure if it was confirmed that that was the shift that injured him, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't.
He fractured his fibula in the winter classic so this is a new injury.

The navicular bone is the bone at the very top of your foot on the big toe side which is completely exposed when blocking shots.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Other teams seem to target our players with rough stuff.

Definitely wasn't a game plan of ours.

Gryz was targeted at times, Pastrnak was targeted in the last 3 series.

But the Bruins never seemed to go out and try and make life tough for the Marners, Matthews, Panarins, Ahos, RoRs, Tarasenkos, etc.

Too many guys laying off hits. Not giving them those extra shots in the scrums.
We needed Miller. They hit hard and the b's had no answer for it.

The B's need a couple of players who can play and hit.

No one wants to hear it but Quaider would have been nice to have. Maybe Maroon wouldn't have spent pre game skate threatening some of the smaller B's.

Sigh...They did well to get as far as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia