Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Im just sick of the injuries we end up with. and its always our top guys.
Even last year in the second round we were decimated with injuries.

Gotta find a way to make it through somewhat healthy. Especially the top guys.

Reactions: Hali33

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I thought Nordy played great in the playoffs.

he was so good in the occasion... that said I still want to enter next season with him 13th forward on the depth chart. his versatility would make him a super depth guy

im not convinced he can bring it over an 82 game schedule day in day out to this level of intensity if he was one of our regulars.

im hoping for a starting 3 of kulman/kurly/wagner for 4th line next year... but sub in Nordstrom first man up when the starters need a night off

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I think your thinking of Debrusk, it was game 2 and he was fired up after

You may be right. I thought I remembered seeing Marchand getting slashed in the hand too. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was. A lot went uncalled and I’m sure more went unnoticed by the TV cameras.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy has no choice but to tough it out this offseason - The Boston Globe

Cassidy underwent full knee replacement surgery June 26, and said in a phone conversation this week he’s well on the road to recovery, attacking his rehab with the same energy and focus he employs on the bench. With every expectation he’ll be back on skates by training camp, Cassidy returns with renewed appreciation for the toll of a game in which coaching has provided his greatest success, but where playing was what challenged his every joint.

“All of a sudden it just sort of gave out, maybe I lost my footing or whatever,” Cassidy said. “I don’t know if it was in the gym, maybe, but it got puffy all of a sudden. They kept draining it through the Carolina series and some of the St. Louis series. I got X-rays and they said ‘you have to get it done.’

“I’ve had five or six knee surgeries, I know what it’s like. Once you get off [the pain meds], we start doing therapy right away, and it’s going good,” he said. “You’ve got to get your extension and flexion back as good as possible, and mine are back to almost normal. I had to have the total knee replacement — they’d gone in three times to shave cartilage stuff down, but this time there was none left.”

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Im just sick of the injuries we end up with. and its always our top guys.
Even last year in the second round we were decimated with injuries.

Gotta find a way to make it through somewhat healthy. Especially the top guys.

A significant reason TB was beat was no Stralman and Hedman missing G3/4 and being horrible G 1/2 due I am sure his concussion. Still doesn't excuse them being
swept. I believe in 2011 Crosby and Malkin missed the PO. So injuries happen to other teams in PO not just Boston.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Bjork update:

After dealing with shoulder injuries for the past two years, Boston Bruins forward Anders Bjork feels that he’s finally healthy . . .

Bjork said that while he hasn’t gained any weight and still weighs about between 190 to 195 pounds, he is much fitter and has worked extensively in the gym on his upper-body muscles so there are no further issues.

Atlantic Notes: Bjork, Shattenkirk, Suzuki

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bjork update:

After dealing with shoulder injuries for the past two years, Boston Bruins forward Anders Bjork feels that he’s finally healthy . . .

Bjork said that while he hasn’t gained any weight and still weighs about between 190 to 195 pounds, he is much fitter and has worked extensively in the gym on his upper-body muscles so there are no further issues.

Atlantic Notes: Bjork, Shattenkirk, Suzuki
I sure hope Bjork can avoid the stupid injury bug that has plagued his chances of developing for any decent stretch of time in the NHL. Kid shows pretty decent promise. Great to hear is feeling good.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I have hope for Bjork

I recently started PT for a few issues and it’s amazing how many muscles you really don’t engage unless you’re doing a wide variety of workouts, or work on a farm :laugh:

If he’s been working with someone, dollars to donuts they were able to identify where he was weak, improve his mobility and range, and strengthen areas of weakness all of which should help prevent injury

Reactions: TD Charlie

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Have there been credible sources that have stated that Miller. Moore and Backes all won't be ready for opening night?
When can we put them on LTIR and use the cap?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Have there been credible sources that have stated that Miller. Moore and Backes all won't be ready for opening night?
When can we put them on LTIR and use the cap?
Sweeney said Moore would start the year on LTIR, I think he's out till Thanksgiving, I believe he said that around the draft at one of his press conferences
The other 2 have only been speculation or innuendo

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Report: Bruins’ Kevan Miller not skating yet after knee surgery

Miller recently told Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe that he’s been progressing well this offseason but has yet to resume skating.

“We are three months, one day . . . and four hours from surgery,” Miller told Dupont. “It was a big date circled on the calendar … now I can start really progressing. The bone at three months is pretty healed. Obviously, I still have to be careful about what I do, but I can start to ramp things up and hopefully get on the ice here soon with the intention of getting back as soon as I can.”

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Report: Bruins’ Kevan Miller not skating yet after knee surgery

Miller recently told Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe that he’s been progressing well this offseason but has yet to resume skating.

“We are three months, one day . . . and four hours from surgery,” Miller told Dupont. “It was a big date circled on the calendar … now I can start really progressing. The bone at three months is pretty healed. Obviously, I still have to be careful about what I do, but I can start to ramp things up and hopefully get on the ice here soon with the intention of getting back as soon as I can.”

less than positive news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad