Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope he gets back to speed also, but I wonder if this isn't a Wally Pip situation (on a less grand scale). Clifton made that 3rd pair RD his, and I don't know if Miller can get it back.
Need more then 6 d men.

The B's missed having toughness in the playoffs. I don't ever want to see players like Maroon skating in the pre game skate threatening our players (Krug and Pasta). I am looking forward to the return of Kevan Miller.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Need more then 6 d men.

The B's missed having toughness in the playoffs. I don't ever want to see players like Maroon skating in the pre game skate threatening our players (Krug and Pasta). I am looking forward to the return of Kevan Miller.

I agree with the Maroon thing- but we do have a lot of D-men if all are healthy and signed: the numbers game is going to bite someone and I think Miller because of his injury history and age might be considered expendable. Chara-Krug-Gryz on the left, McAvoy-Carlo-Clifton on the Right plus Miller, Kampfer, and Moore, Alex Petrovic possibly added to the mix as well, then the Providence guys; Lauzon, Zboril, Vaak, etc. That's a lot of D men.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I agree with the Maroon thing- but we do have a lot of D-men if all are healthy and signed: the numbers game is going to bite someone and I think Miller because of his injury history and age might be considered expendable. Chara-Krug-Gryz on the left, McAvoy-Carlo-Clifton on the Right plus Miller, Kampfer, and Moore, Alex Petrovic possibly added to the mix as well, then the Providence guys; Lauzon, Zboril, Vaak, etc. That's a lot of D men.

I don't see Miller playing another game for Boston, but you never know.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I hope you are wrong. I know he is well liked by management and a leader on the team.

No doubt that he is well liked, and he seems like a great guy. It's mainly a numbers game at this point, and Boston has McAvoy-Carlo-Clifton as the top three RHD, with Kampfer signed recently for insurance. Miller's inability to remain injury-free for any sustainable amount of time also works against him.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Well. That's not incouraging. Hopefully the shot helps. But if not? Get the surgery sooner, rather than later.

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Haggs in mid season form looking for click bait and to stir the pot unnecessarily.

Give me a break with the surgery crap.

Haggs is a troll. But I am a little concerned about Bergy being ready to start the season. If it becomes an issue I rather get it fixed as soon as possible. That is, if this is truly an issue and not Haggs being Haggs.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Haggs is a troll. But I am a little concerned about Bergy being ready to start the season. If it becomes an issue I rather get it fixed as soon as possible. That is, if this is truly an issue and not Haggs being Haggs.

Haggs being Haggs by spinning it to generate clicks. "Not to generate any alarm bells but . . . that is exactly what I am going to try and do" :laugh: The core of the story seems right though:

Bergeron: 'Feeling Positive I'll Be Ready' for Season Opener

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I wouldn’t mind giving Bergeron some maintenance days here and there during the regular season.

Every time they make a deep run in the playoffs, he ends up so banged up.

Limit him to 65 games, even if it costs you some points in the regular season.
Couldn't agree more with the limiting his games played idea, although I've been told that affects the psyche of an elite athlete like him by some hockey folks. You gotta think unless you're finishing 8th, you won't draw TBL until at least the 2nd round... if they can manage to get into it lol.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I wouldn’t mind giving Bergeron some maintenance days here and there during the regular season.

Every time they make a deep run in the playoffs, he ends up so banged up.

Limit him to 65 games, even if it costs you some points in the regular season.

Bergy had a pretty lengthy enforced break last season, and come May he was still banged up. Whether it's bad luck or he's just prone to niggling injuries, I'm not sure that too much TOI is his problem. Krejci is a similar age and build and had quite a bit more game time last season, and he was fine. Maybe Bergy gets targeted more by the opposition, or maybe David's just worked out how to better manage his body after finally sorting out his hip issues. Or both.

Having said that, I agree that smart player management will be really important this year. Balancing between getting enough points and keeping our veterans in particular fresh enough for the playoffs will be tricky but vital. Of course, a lot of it comes down to luck. Maintenance simply was barely an option last season after all the injuries we had through Oct-Dec, when we were scrambling just to get 19 fit, capable guys on the ice, and that then necessitated a full-tilt push post Christmas just to secure a playoff spot. So there was no thought of resting anybody until late March.

Fingers crossed we can avoid that this time and have a little more freedom in how we manage our squad.

Reactions: Estlin and gumgum

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergy had a pretty lengthy enforced break last season, and come May he was still banged up. Whether it's bad luck or he's just prone to niggling injuries, I'm not sure that too much TOI is his problem. Krejci is a similar age and build and had quite a bit more game time last season, and he was fine. Maybe Bergy gets targeted more by the opposition, or maybe David's just worked out how to better manage his body after finally sorting out his hip issues. Or both.

Having said that, I agree that smart player management will be really important this year. Balancing between getting enough points and keeping our veterans in particular fresh enough for the playoffs will be tricky but vital. Of course, a lot of it comes down to luck. Maintenance simply was barely an option last season after all the injuries we had through Oct-Dec, when we were scrambling just to get 19 fit, capable guys on the ice, and that then necessitated a full-tilt push post Christmas just to secure a playoff spot. So there was no thought of resting anybody until late March.

Fingers crossed we can avoid that this time and have a little more freedom in how we manage our squad.
I have zero medical knowledge to back this up, but I still think faceoffs might be part of the chronic groin injuries. He's certainly taken a lot over the years and I'd think it would be easy to reinjure yourself while fighting another 200 lb player for the puck.

I'm not concerned about the regular season games missed the last two years, those were both fluke injuries and not a result of poor conditioning.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I have zero medical knowledge to back this up, but I still think faceoffs might be part of the chronic groin injuries. He's certainly taken a lot over the years and I'd think it would be easy to reinjure yourself while fighting another 200 lb player for the puck.

I'm not concerned about the regular season games missed the last two years, those were both fluke injuries and not a result of poor conditioning.

It would certainly make sense. Given the way you stand for a face-off, and the physical scrimmaging that follows, if someone had a susceptability to groin and related injuries it would certainly put you highly at risk of doing further damage in that area. How you address that I don't know, but hopefully some smart medical people can help Bergy in that regard, if indeed it's an ongoing issue.

And yeah random tissue injuries and breaks are just going to happen. You could be in peak condition, and you could play 5 games or 50 and still get one either way. It's largely just luck of the draw.

Of course you can also just get one walking down the street...

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Sadly I think we're going to need to get used to this kinda thing. Bergy is not really that old but he has a lot of mileage on him. It's just the way it goes in the wonderful world of aging.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad