Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I know you love the guy, and I think he is a good dman, especially in that 5-6 roll, however he is injury prone and they need to make room for the kids coming up.

Sadly I agree with you, he has played over 60 games 2 times in 6 years.

I heard he was hurt 5-6 separate times this year, that is Sami Salo like.
I love the toughness and him overall as a player, but sometimes you just have to get something back for an asset before it isn't worth anything.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I know you love the guy, and I think he is a good dman, especially in that 5-6 roll, however he is injury prone and they need to make room for the kids coming up.

Not to mention the fact that moving on from Miller will free up some money to sign some of the team's RFAs.

I know that some folks around here become very sentimental regarding specific players (e.g., Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk and Kevan Miller), but one also has to realize that there are serious cap considerations to take into account, along with the fact that some of these ex-Bruins are either injury-prone or just not very good anymore.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
John Moore moving toward making his playoff debut - The Boston Globe

TORONTO — John Moore didn’t want to complicate things.

“Playoffs, X’s and O’s are out the window,” he said. “It’s about how bad you want it.”

Moore wants badly to make his Bruins playoff debut, and it appears he will in Wednesday’s Game 4. The defenseman, who had been skating on his own, returned to practice for the first time since he was hit from behind by Tampa Bay’s Adam Erne on March 25.

Moore, who paired with Matt Grzelcyk at practice, would bump out Steven Kampfer. The latter, playing in his first career playoff game after 201 in the regular season, skated just 11:06 on Monday. Moore averaged 18:46 in the regular season. He would also be a penalty-kill replacement for Kampfer, who was victimized on a power-play goal. In that area, the Bruins miss Kevan Miller, who remains out with a knee injury.

At Tuesday’s practice, Connor Clifton participated in a red (no contact) jersey. He missed Game 3 with an upper-body injury, putting Kampfer in the lineup.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not to mention the fact that moving on from Miller will free up some money to sign some of the team's RFAs.

I know that some folks around here become very sentimental regarding specific players (e.g., Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk and Kevan Miller), but one also has to realize that there are serious cap considerations to take into account, along with the fact that some of these ex-Bruins are either injury-prone or just not very good anymore.
I do get sentimental about certain players, and freely admit Miller is one of those. I remember when he was a massive whipping boy for many around here -- seemingly the cause for bad goals against, lack of offense, puck moving, and apparently the inability for western medicine 100% cure cancer. I called BS at the time and I was right and they were wrong. I don't say that because I want to brag, but to underscore again that those who slagged off Miller knew squat.

That said, I understand that Millers time in Boston will likely come to an end sooner rather than later. Mainly because of cap and the fact that we've got lots of young d prospects that need room. However, I will make a couple of points:

1) If Kevan Miller were playing D, we'd not be complaining as much about bad decisions in our own end this series, and we sure as hell would have less complaints about the lack of physicality and toughness.

2) It pisses me off when people label guys like him as injury prone. Guys who lay big hits, play a physical game, and block shots without concern for health get hurt. A fractured larynx is the sort of thing that happens when you get hit in the throat with a puck. People want to label such players as injury prone are often the ones that bemoan a lack of physicality and passion. Hard to get one without an increased risk of the other.

Sorry, end of rant.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Sadly I agree with you, he has played over 60 games 2 times in 6 years.

I heard he was hurt 5-6 separate times this year, that is Sami Salo like.
I love the toughness and him overall as a player, but sometimes you just have to get something back for an asset before it isn't worth anything.
Forgot about Salo. Was he in line-up vs B's in the cup finals?

I wouldn't mind seeing Miller go IF Lauzon/Clifton/Vaak etc.. are ready to step up. Not comparing any of those guys games to Miller.

Reactions: TCB

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
I like his attitude and leadership

He's played 39 games this year. Should we keep him on and risk losing young assets?

Chara, Krug, Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk are clearly ahead of him on the depth chart. Moore and Clifton are both solid. Then you have Vaakanainen and Lauzon knocking on the door. Would you rather the Bruins lose Krug? Lauzon? Vaakanainen?

I know he's been around for a while, but his time with the Bruins is clearly coming to an end.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He's played 39 games this year. Should we keep him on and risk losing young assets?

Chara, Krug, Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk are clearly ahead of him on the depth chart. Moore and Clifton are both solid. Then you have Vaakanainen and Lauzon knocking on the door. Would you rather the Bruins lose Krug? Lauzon? Vaakanainen?

I know he's been around for a while, but his time with the Bruins is clearly coming to an end.
clifton is already better than miller in my opinion. we missed clifton in game 3. hopefully hes back in there soon.

Reactions: FanSince72

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
clifton is already better than miller in my opinion. we missed clifton in game 3. hopefully hes back in there soon.
Even if he is healthy Im not so sure he draws in over Moore.

I've loved what I've seen from the kid though.

Reactions: FanSince72

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
What about Wags he has to be injured. That line was so solid all year and it wasn’t all Kuraly

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I would bet that many of the B's are playing hurt. When they pass us on the way to the ice they smell like bengay.

Pasta has to be hurting with all of the hits he has taken in the last few games.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I would bet that many of the B's are playing hurt. When they pass us on the way to the ice they smell like bengay.

Pasta has to be hurting with all of the hits he has taken in the last few games.
Awfully early to be banged up the way so many of them appear to be ,thats why short series can be so important in the playoffs,but doesn’t seem to be in the Bruins vocabulary does it.

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad