Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Given how frequently he is injured, the emergence of Connor Clifton and the fact that Boston has some RFAs to sign in the off season, it would appear that the writing is on the wall for Miller.
I hope you are wrong. Miller had a couple of freak injuries this season but he does make a difference out on the ice and is also one of the leaders on the team.

I like Clifton but Miller is better now. Also would love to have BOTH playing

Reactions: Number8

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I hope you are wrong. Miller had a couple of freak injuries this season but he does make a difference out on the ice and is also one of the leaders on the team.

I like Clifton but Miller is better now. Also would love to have BOTH playing

Sucks

He would have been really useful this series and for the marathon that is getting to the finals and winning one

Hopefully the yutes are ready Freddy

Reactions: Ladyfan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I hope to see Kevan on the B's next Fall.

Honestly, I don't.

My understanding is that Miller has become a decent stay at home defenseman. The way he plays the game -- all credit -- he is often injured, however.

I don't see Kevan as a physical replacement for Adam, Shawn, or anyone, really. I'm not certain how many fights he's had, or won, since he separated his shoulder.

It's not fair but if Miller is frequently injured for long stretches at a time, that doesn't help the club.

Leignes

Apr 18, 2019
I think trading Miller is the right move, since he is injury prone, we have good depth in the D and we can use ELC contracts to fill that role instead of 2,5M cap.

As much as I love Miller, we should trade him. He still has to have some kinda value so we would get a decent draft pick.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think trading Miller is the right move, since he is injury prone, we have good depth in the D and we can use ELC contracts to fill that role instead of 2,5M cap.

As much as I love Miller, we should trade him. He still has to have some kinda value so we would get a decent draft pick.

Guy cannot stay on the ice for whatever reasons. Factor that along with the pipeline of young dmen they have ready to go, and it makes sense that he'd be the guy you move, imo.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Would be a smart idea for sure. I think Clifton could slide into his role fairly well, not as mean as Miller but can play pretty physical when needed.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Honestly, I don't.

My understanding is that Miller has become a decent stay at home defenseman. The way he plays the game -- all credit -- he is often injured, however.

I don't see Kevan as a physical replacement for Adam, Shawn, or anyone, really. I'm not certain how many fights he's had, or won, since he separated his shoulder.

It's not fair but if Miller is frequently injured for long stretches at a time, that doesn't help the club.
Well I guess we can't agree on everything. B's need a player like Kevan and Clifton isn't there .
Kevan is a good 3d pairing and is one of the leaders on the team (plus I like the guy). I have no say of course but I would have him on the B's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Number8

aguineapig

When they say it's not about the money it's all about the money. I fear Kevan is the next Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid because of the money. Love all those guys but bean counters count beans not loyalty, and a lot of other guys will be looking for those beans next year.

Reactions: Neely2005

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I was nervous when Pasta was throwing out all those hits in Game 2 vs TOR

Even if he is hurt - it doesn't excuse his poor decision making and just absolutely whiffing on shots.

Here is the good news - the Bruins went on a 19 game unbeaten streak (is that the right #?) without Pasta in the line-up. I think we are a much better team when he is in line-up and playing well, but we have shown ability to play well without him.

Reactions: Neely2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad