Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

In the twist of fate dept. at the 2009 Draft when Brian Burke pulled the rug on the rumored Kessel for Kaberle deal because of which way the first round pick was supposed to be going, Kadri was picked by Leafs where Bruins were rumored to be targeting Zach Kassian. Burke of course finally got his man later that fall and Kaberle would come to Boston in 2011 to be part of Cup winning team.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Like hearing that news from Cassidy. One side note...Debrusk needs to curb his anger. We need him to make plays and get on the board. If he stays in the remnants of the other night, then mentally hes out of the game.

Play hard, but head in the game, son!
I have no concerns there. I actually think he played a pretty composed game. Didn't take penalties and didn't get suspended.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I don't get the outrage on the DeBrusk hit on Marleau. Is it because Sean Avery posted a video on it?

I can see why people didn't love the hit he had on Kadri - but if you watch it in slow-motion it's really Kadri's fault for not taking the hit and trying to squeeze past.

Not a biased fan here. I will fully admit to any Toronto fan that we got the benefit of the doubt from officials - but I don't think any hit from a B's player even holds a candle to the dirtiness of the Kadri hit.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I don't get the outrage on the DeBrusk hit on Marleau. Is it because Sean Avery posted a video on it?
It's just Leafs fans attempting to justify the Kadri cross-check as a legitimate and excusable retaliation. Also the Debrusk hit on Kadri. And Debrusk parts his hair the wrong way. And eats the wrong breakfast cereal.

Reactions: Blowfish

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
It's just Leafs fans attempting to justify the Kadri cross-check as a legitimate and excusable retaliation. Also the Debrusk hit on Kadri. And Debrusk parts his hair the wrong way. And eats the wrong breakfast cereal.
What kind of savage eats grape nuts? I hangout by the cereal aisle and cloths line grandmas picking that cereal up; gotta nip that kind of insanity in the bud.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I wonder if kadri brought his new PR guy Sean Avery

Glad to see Krug and Jake skating

Last edited:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I have no concerns there. I actually think he played a pretty composed game. Didn't take penalties and didn't get suspended.

With Kadri out of his shadow, he'll be fine..I'm expecting big things from Jake and 2nd line tonight..I'm predicting they score 2 goals..

Reactions: Number8

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I would bet they ae not 100 %...and [robably not the only ones.

Not close to 100%, just hope that Krug, in particular, is really ok to play. Second concussion in recent months (second time getting his bell rung recently, not sure how he wasn't concussed on this one too).

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
If DeBrusk and Krug were "day to day" there is no way they are 100%. That said, DeBrusk was a bit of a question mark for game 2 and played out of his mind so I am confident he puts in a good showing.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Not close to 100%, just hope that Krug, in particular, is really ok to play. Second concussion in recent months (second time getting his bell rung recently, not sure how he wasn't concussed on this one too).

Has this been confirmed?

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
If DeBrusk and Krug were "day to day" there is no way they are 100%. That said, DeBrusk was a bit of a question mark for game 2 and played out of his mind so I am confident he puts in a good showing.

While this is likely true, remember there is a bit of gamesmanship applied during this part of the season. Identifying Debrusk as potentially injured/concussed by the Kadri crosscheck doesn't hurt the Bruins in making the Kadri outcome better for them or in making the Leafs have to game plan for potential lineup changes.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If they are not 100% they are very close, otherwise they wouldn’t be in. If the series was 2-1 or 3-1 in Toronto’s favour and they were playing I would say they may not be close to 100 %.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
If they are not 100% they are very close, otherwise they wouldn’t be in. If the series was 2-1 or 3-1 in Toronto’s favour and they were playing I would say they may not be close to 100 %.
Jake said himself he was feeling it a bit after game 1 and “it’s playoffs”.. I’m not saying he is hobbled but these guys play injured a lot.

Bergeron played with a punctured lung a few years back so I’d say guys will tough it out haha

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Jake said himself he was feeling it a bit after game 1 and “it’s playoffs”.. I’m not saying he is hobbled but these guys play injured a lot.

Bergeron played with a punctured lung a few years back so I’d say guys will tough it out haha
No doubt they play hurt, Pasta is really affected by his brace. The defence needs an overhaul this summer but I have been saying that for a couple of years and no ones listens to me, lol.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
No doubt they play hurt, Pasta is really affected by his brace. The defence needs an overhaul this summer but I have been saying that for a couple of years and no ones listens to me, lol.

I don't see any issues with the D. In fact impressed with the D depth.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chara coming back next year...wait and see how this series ends. He hasn't looked good.

I can see a Krug trade but not a complete overhaul.

I didn't realize Pasta was playing with a brace!

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad