Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
something is wrong with Pasta, not hurt, but his head isn't there. Hes been a turnover machine all year, but the wiff'd shots, jeez
I disagree. I believe he is hurt. It seems the wrist would be the most likely issue.

He's still better then the 13th forward so I hope he finds his game playing through it, but I have to believe the injury is impacting his game immensely.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think trading Miller is the right move, since he is injury prone, we have good depth in the D and we can use ELC contracts to fill that role instead of 2,5M cap.

As much as I love Miller, we should trade him. He still has to have some kinda value so we would get a decent draft pick.
“I think trading Miller is the right move, since he is injury prone,......” That should make teams banging hard on Sweeney’s door.

Seriously, what do you think he would bring back? Try to look at it from the acquiring team’s perspective.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
“I think trading Miller is the right move, since he is injury prone,......” That should make teams banging hard on Sweeney’s door.

Seriously, what do you think he would bring back? Try to look at it from the acquiring team’s perspective.
I think he will bring back the same type of return as McQuaid did. Maybe a nominal pick and a depth player, 8th D/14th F.

I am not excited about this, but I realize that it is a very realistic possibility.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

He would bring about what McQuaid did I would imagine- at least a 3rd or 4th round pick. Not much more I don't think.

Leignes

Apr 18, 2019

Teams who want to compete but lacks in RD could give 3rd rounder or maybe 2nd round pick (bit too optimistic i think). Atleast I would be fine acquiring Miller for 2nd or 3rd round pick for my team.

Devils and Panthers looks like teams that could go after him.

Btw how is Anders Bjork doing with his injury?

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
This stuff about Miller being injury-prone is pretty ridiculous. We're not dealing with Jacoby Ellsbury fragility here. His last two injuries were 1) smashing his kneecap after crashing into the boards, and 2) being slammed in the throat by a shot. In other words, just bad luck.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I disagree. I believe he is hurt. It seems the wrist would be the most likely issue.

He's still better then the 13th forward so I hope he finds his game playing through it, but I have to believe the injury is impacting his game immensely.

There is no way he isn't dealing with an injury that is significantly impacting his stickhandling and shooting ability whether it is his thumb or something else.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
This stuff about Miller being injury-prone is pretty ridiculous. We're not dealing with Jacoby Ellsbury fragility here. His last two injuries were 1) smashing his kneecap after crashing into the boards, and 2) being slammed in the throat by a shot. In other words, just bad luck.

Could be a case of him also being healthy scratches but Kevan Miller has never topped like 65-70 games a year and I think he did that once. Not so wild saying that hes injury prone.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
When they say it's not about the money it's all about the money. I fear Kevan is the next Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid because of the money. Love all those guys but bean counters count beans not loyalty, and a lot of other guys will be looking for those beans next year.

Yup. And all though I’ve been impressed with Krug during the playoffs, if you really want to free up money and add a truly impactful wing - Krug commands a lot of those beans.

They could move on from Miller too...it wouldn’t kill’em...that’s a chunk of change, combined...and I think we both agree we might have replacements in-house in say Vaak and Clifton. Sure, the defense isn’t as vet solid...but adding a elite wing would make this team even more dangerous offensively...and I don’t think many of us would hate our D. Lots of Clifton and Vaak fans.

Reactions: TCB and Zillah

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Teams who want to compete but lacks in RD could give 3rd rounder or maybe 2nd round pick (bit too optimistic i think). Atleast I would be fine acquiring Miller for 2nd or 3rd round pick for my team.

Devils and Panthers looks like teams that could go after him.

Btw how is Anders Bjork doing with his injury?
Good question about Anders. I have not heard anything, either, on his recovery. I would assume if his shoulder is healed he can at least begin to skate.

I have high hopes that this talented kid will be a big contributor next season.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Good question about Anders. I have not heard anything, either, on his recovery. I would assume if his shoulder is healed he can at least begin to skate.

I have high hopes that this talented kid will be a big contributor next season.
Im big on the kid. But IMO I hope they let him start fresh in the AHL and work on his game. He played just under 40 games two seasons ago and just over 30 this season each split between the B's and PB's. Let him slow roast in the AHL this coming season. At least until you cant give a reason not to call him up. Just my two cents. All in all, what ever they do with him, I just hope he can make it through this coming season healthy

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Exactly. Guy plays like a warrior with no regard for his health, and yet some want to just chalk it up to being injury prone -- as if he's somehow softly built or made. On the other hand, if he were to shy away from contact and not block shots he'd be a guy unwilling to give it all for the team. Sometimes you really can't win.

I was sorry to see Quaider go and will be sorry to see Miller go when he does. Definition of Boston Bruins if you ask me.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Exactly. Guy plays like a warrior with no regard for his health, and yet some want to just chalk it up to being injury prone -- as if he's somehow softly built or made. On the other hand, if he were to shy away from contact and not block shots he'd be a guy unwilling to give it all for the team. Sometimes you really can't win.

I was sorry to see Quaider go and will be sorry to see Miller go when he does. Definition of Boston Bruins if you ask me.

:heart: Love and agree with this post

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I truly love guys like McQuaid and Miller, and I am always sad to see them leave. But these guys drop off fast and the smart play is to get out ahead of that drop. Just like we did with McQuaid. And just like I hope we do with Miller this off season.

If he was making a million, take a chance. But 2.5 is too big of a gamble. Especially when we have young D forcing their way up onto the roster.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
I truly love guys like McQuaid and Miller, and I am always sad to see them leave. But these guys drop off fast and the smart play is to get out ahead of that drop. Just like we did with McQuaid. And just like I hope we do with Miller this off season.

If he was making a million, take a chance. But 2.5 is too big of a gamble. Especially when we have young D forcing their way up onto the roster.

Yeah, the latter is what makes this a no-brainer, even though I love Miller and his game. The Bruins have done such a great job at drafting and developing D, that it makes decisions regarding players like McQuaid or Miller alot easier than in past years (think of all the finger-crossing we were doing back then with the likes of Trotman, Morrow, Cross, Bartkowski, etc as the heir-apparents coming through Providence). If anything, now there is kind of a logjam at D, especially if Vaak (and maybe Clifton?) continue their trajectories.

I was listening to NHL radio today, and they talked at length about how good the Bruins D is.....without ever uttering the word "Chara." This has been a long time coming, IMO, and it feels good that it's finally being recognized.

Reactions: Bocephus86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->