Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
SO, you don't think he has gotten stronger?

Sorry...you are wrong
Not looking for a fight, Ladyfan!

Not saying he is not stronger than last year. Still can get stronger and it will pay dividends.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not looking for a fight, Ladyfan!

Not saying he is not stronger than last year. Still can get stronger and it will pay dividends.
I am not looking for a fight either. I just believe Pasta has really grown his game a lot (including getting stronger).

He will never be a Bergy for defensive play but his good FAR outweighs the bad.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I am not looking for a fight either. I just believe Pasta has really grown his game a lot (including getting stronger).

No argument there. Plenty of upside and more to come.

Reactions: Ladyfan

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Agree....he does hustle and back checks, my opinion is he gets a knock more for bad decisions....like what you were thinking passes or positioning....which may or may not get better hopefully it does

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
If he is stronger, he is even better. Less turnovers, stronger on the stick, harder to knock off the puck.
All high end skills will have higher giveaways because the puck is on their stick more than not!.
It's just part of the game, no player will be perfect, some folks need to understand that and move on.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
A lot of younger players have learned to play the game without real board awareness. They are not used to heavy checks into the wall any more and so they don't learn to protect themselves like they did in days gone by. They try to turn or make the fancy play rather than just keeping their heads up. Poitras did this a lot and left himself vulnerable and then with his smaller frame this happened. It's a shame, but as well as beefing up, he also has to learn to keep his head up and use his speed selectively.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
If he is stronger, he is even better. Less turnovers, stronger on the stick, harder to knock off the puck.
Brandon Bochenski says he's not so sure about that.

I thought Bochenski had a pretty decent season, then bulked up and did poorly. Just checked his stats with Boston, and he never had a decent searon, so I guess Bo doesn't know.

Reactions: Ladyfan

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

I thought Bochenski had a pretty decent season, then bulked up and did poorly. Just checked his stats with Boston, and he never had a decent searon, so I guess Bo doesn't know.
It wasn't a season, but when he first came in he popped a bunch of goals pretty quickly. He looked like a phenomenal find. He fell off a cliff after that.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

I remember him. He totally overdid it and couldn’t move. Not advocating that at all.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Poitras’s healthy future at play​

The decision to shelve rookie Matt Poitras this week was done with an eye toward the future, Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said.

With a five-month recovery period expected following shoulder surgery, the forward is expected back for training camp. If he had played through the injury and the Bruins played well into the spring, he might not be ready until October or November.

“There was a lot of discussion about what was best for Matty Poitras. I think in the end [general manager] Donny [Sweeney] and I talked with Matty and then Donny and Matty talked with his family and the people that advise him, and everyone was on the same page that this is what would be best for him moving forward cause he’s 19,” Montgomery said. “He’s going to have the full summer to prepare for next year. If we waited, then the summer gets compromised.”

Poitras played in 33 games, collecting five goals and 15 points. He also played for Canada in the World Junior Championships after Christmas.

Montgomery said Poitras grew in a lot of areas in his first pro experience and knows what the future holds as well.

“He knows he can have success in the league, he knows his brains, his skill level, all that, and he knows the areas that he needs to grow in in order to get that man strength to also get the stamina required to be a player that we don’t have to do the maintenance with so that he can play full-time next year,” Montgomery said, “because he is a big piece of what we’re going to be doing moving forward.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Forward Jakub Lauko missed practice with an upper-body injury but was spotted in the building. Montgomery said he was “doubtful/probable,” for Monday. Interpretation: He’s a game-time decision

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Today’s Globe:

Forward Jakub Lauko missed practice with an upper-body injury but was spotted in the building. Montgomery said he was “doubtful/probable,” for Monday. Interpretation: He’s a game-time decision
Lauko always looks like he wants to punch someone. I said that to one of the guys who work for the Bs and he said, "He does want to."

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

BOSTON — Hampus Lindholm took an awkward fall midway through the third period and didn’t return to the Bruins4-3 shootout win over the Dallas Stars on Monday at TD Garden.

Ty Dellandrea collided with him in the corner behind Jeremy Swayman and their knees collided. Lindholm skated awkwardly to the bench with just over 10 minutes remaining.

Jim Montgomery didn’t have an update on his condition.

“I don’t have anything concrete yet,” he said. “We’ll know more tomorrow.”

With the Bruins heading west for games beginning Wednesday in Edmonton, followed by Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle, they could have a roster decision to make.

If Lindholm can’t go, the Bruins would have just six defensemen available leaving them with no room for error if anyone were to get injured or sick. But unless Lindholm goes on IR, they’d have to move somebody else to call up a defenseman, likely Mason Lohrei or Ian Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad