Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I suspect Forbort is legitimately injured and needs surgery. I also suspect that he would have dragged himself back onto the ice in great pain if he thought he would be helping the team. In the end I think the bruins shut him down
Oh yeah, he’s getting one, possibly two according to Sweeney. I agree, Bruins likely shut him down, and we probably won’t see him on another game for the Bs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice day here in Montreal. Going downtown later, maybe I’ll run into Pasta and Marchand, out shopping?!

Bruins smash tonight.
Nice here is Southern NH too.

I suspect Forbort is legitimately injured and needs surgery. I also suspect that he would have dragged himself back onto the ice in great pain if he thought he would be helping the team. In the end I think the bruins shut him down
I would agree with you.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

With 62K in cap space the Bruins will need to send someone down. I'm thinking it will probably be a forward but no clue which one.

Brazeau/Boquist/Beecher/Lauko

I suppose it could also be Lohrei at this point if Wotherspoon and Shattenkirk are both ahead of him on the left.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
With 62K in cap space the Bruins will need to send someone down. I'm thinking it will probably be a forward but no clue which one.

Brazeau/Boquist/Beecher/Lauko

I suppose it could also be Lohrei at this point if Wotherspoon and Shattenkirk are both ahead of him on the left.

It will almost surely be someone that doesn't need waivers, so Beech, Braz, or Lohrei.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

ARLINGTON, Va. — Still missing: one Big Rig in a Black-and-Gold sweater.

“Doing better,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery, when asked Friday for an update on hulking left winger Pat Maroon. “I think it’s three days in a row on the ice and looking better and better.”

Acquired three weeks ago at the NHL trade deadline, the 35-year-old Maroon is still recovering from back surgery while skating at the club’s Brighton practice facility.
Prior to undergoing the repair, Maroon played 49 games this season with the Wild, posting 4 goals and 12 assists. He last played Jan. 27 in Minnesota’s 3-2 loss to visiting Anaheim.

“Right now, it’s just a matter of getting his conditioning up,” Montgomery said.

If he is finally cleared to play, Maroon’s likely starting point would be on a fourth line, centered lately by the speedy Jesper Boqvist. Potential riding mates at the opposite wing would be Johnny Beecher, Jakub Lauko, Justin Brazeau or perhaps even James van Riemsdyk.

The fit of left and right sticks could be an issue, but it’s presence that Montgomery wants most from that trio.

“Another player that knows how to play the right way,” he said when asked what Maroon brings to a lineup. “Knows how to win, knows the physical element, understands momentum and understands how to create offense down low.”

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Not sure Maroon was a very good pickup considering how long he’s been out of condition. Maybe his contribution is meant to be more of a locker room morale kind of thing?

Reactions: The don godfather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad