Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
And it really didn’t look like much of a hit that caused his latest one.
All it takes is one innocent looking hit. Our brains aren't supposed to move. Like for instance, going on rollercoasters that go upside down, backwards, shakes etc, that f***s with your brain too. I had no idea.

I just think of poor Onjej Kase. 😕

Last edited:

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
well, that sure does look like a blockbuster trade package. is it just resting dudes with slight injuries for the long break? I don't recall any of those guys becoming injured in the game. I would have said that Poitras' seven or eight minutes was just bench shortening. other guys played a normal set of shifts. huh.

Forbort definitely was hurt in the last game. Only played 14 mins and hardly played the PK despite 7 penalties to kill.

Reactions: HustleB and bob77

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think anyone over 60 , is permantly posted on this thread with an injury.
Nothing like feeling fine, going to bed, waking up with a new muscle/joint pain.
Like what the heck did I do in my sleep.
Yup, absolutely everything you did in your 20s and 30s comes back to haunt you after 60 (or thereabouts).

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I think anyone over 60 , is permantly posted on this thread with an injury.
Nothing like feeling fine, going to bed, waking up with a new muscle/joint pain.
Like what the heck did I do in my sleep.
You dreamed too hard!

But I have so say, I take a small amount of pride in the fact that I'm still playing ball hockey every week, after turning 60 in October. Of course, I'm currently sitting out with a stubborn Achilles tendon strain, and last week, when I was ready to test it again, I tweaked something inside my shoulder blade. So there's that.

My dad played ice hockey until he broke his leg playing for his company's team at the age of 55.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I worked in the field in the construction industry for over 20 years and made the switch to a field inspector a few years ago when I had to get knee surgery, ortho said "It's from your job, all you construction workers need knees and shoulders after 50." That was my wakeup call because I have always been an active and relatively fit guy even outside of the physical labor job.

Stay in the best shape you can for as long as you can, I'm pushing 50 and still feel pretty good....I have colleagues that look absolutely broken from never taking care of themselves.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Statement from Boston Bruins Medical Director Dr. Peter Asnis:

“Matthew Poitras underwent a successful right shoulder open stabilization (Latarjet) procedure today, February 7. The surgery was performed by Dr. Thomas Holovacs at Massachusetts General Brigham Hospital. The expected recovery time is approximately five months.”

Statement from Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney:

“Matt has been an important part of our team’s success thus far, and he will be missed. Our medical staff made the recommendation for Matt to proceed with the surgery rather than continue playing with an unstable shoulder and risking further damage. Everyone involved supported the decision as to do what was best for him at this time. Matt is just starting his Bruins career and is a key part of our future.”

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Probably didn't help his shoulder getting absolutely whacked on most shifts with no response by his teammates. He got right back up though. I wish him a speedy recovery. He's a good kid. And a big part of our future.

Reactions: bruins19

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Statement from Boston Bruins Medical Director Dr. Peter Asnis:

“Matthew Poitras underwent a successful right shoulder open stabilization (Latarjet) procedure today, February 7. The surgery was performed by Dr. Thomas Holovacs at Massachusetts General Brigham Hospital. The expected recovery time is approximately five months.”

Statement from Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney:

“Matt has been an important part of our team’s success thus far, and he will be missed. Our medical staff made the recommendation for Matt to proceed with the surgery rather than continue playing with an unstable shoulder and risking further damage. Everyone involved supported the decision as to do what was best for him at this time. Matt is just starting his Bruins career and is a key part of our future.”
Yikes. Heal up young Matty P.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad