Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bruins weren’t at full strength however. Milan Lucic left the pregame skate moments after it started and did not return. Lucic, who took a puck off his right skate during Saturday night, walked gingerly and with some assistance down the tunnel.

Coach Jim Montgomery said during a pregame chat that several players were dealing with “nicks” that left his lineup in limbo until the last minute.

Derek Forbort, who collected a pair of assists in the win over the Kings, was out of the lineup and is “day to day with a lower body [injury],” according to Montgomery.

The coach mentioned earlier that Forbort had tweaked his groin early in training camp, though the big defenseman said he “was fine” after the win over the Kings.

Reactions: hrdpuk

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
What about Frederic, didn't he take a big hit from Gudas yesterday?.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The win was somewhat marred minutes later. With 9:16 gone in the third, Bruins forward Jakub Lauko rushed to the room after getting cut near his left eye by Jason Dickinson’s skate blade. Clutching a towel firmly to his face, with blood evident, he rushed to the room for urgent care and did not return.

“Lauko’s good, thankfully,” said Montgomery. “Scary, but he got it in the corner of the eye — nothing touched [the eyeball]. Stitched . . . he’s not going to look good for a while.”

According to one team member, the skate gashed Lauko high across the bridge of his nose. Lauko, still clutching a towel hard to his face some 30 minutes after the game, made his way to the team bus and was not available to the media.

It’s not known if Lauko will play Thursday vs. Anaheim at the Garden. Cuts around the eye often cause considerable swelling, which could impair his line of sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCRO

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Lucic sits again​

Power forward Milan Lucic, hindered by what appears to be a lower-body injury, skated only briefly in the late-morning workout and returned to the room for treatment. Looch (0-2—2 in four games) sat out Sunday’s 3-1 win at Anaheim because of the injury.

“Need more testing when we get home,” said Lucic, looking and sounding irritated.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

The win was somewhat marred minutes later. With 9:16 gone in the third, Bruins forward Jakub Lauko rushed to the room after getting cut near his left eye by Jason Dickinson’s skate blade. Clutching a towel firmly to his face, with blood evident, he rushed to the room for urgent care and did not return.

“Lauko’s good, thankfully,” said Montgomery. “Scary, but he got it in the corner of the eye — nothing touched [the eyeball]. Stitched . . . he’s not going to look good for a while.”

According to one team member, the skate gashed Lauko high across the bridge of his nose. Lauko, still clutching a towel hard to his face some 30 minutes after the game, made his way to the team bus and was not available to the media.

It’s not known if Lauko will play Thursday vs. Anaheim at the Garden. Cuts around the eye often cause considerable swelling, which could impair his line of sight.

Thank god man.

I know Ray "KnowItAll" Ferraro said he thought it caught above his eye but I had doubts he even saw where the skate landed.

Scary ****

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Milan Lucic (lower-body injury) sat out the last two games and could be out a while longer, pending further testing. If Jakub Lauko (facial laceration sustained Tuesday night) also must sit out, the Bruins could call up a winger from Providence Thursday morning …

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Fluto on twitter is saying Lucic is going to miss several weeks but Montgomery says its only going to be a couple weeks. Idk about anyone else but "a couple weeks" and "several weeks" mean completely different things to me. I'd link the tweet but I'm surprisingly tech stupid for a 29 year old :laugh:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Jaffe and Razor speculate it is likely a hairline fracture. They'll treat it like a break.

I think if they move Looch to LTIR and send Brown and Boqvist to Providence they have enough space to sign Heinen
Hope Lucic isn’t out long thought the Ducks took some liberties last night with not much if any pushback.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope not either but they will be cautious with him, Foot fractures, depending on where it is, can take awhile to heal and they hurt like hell for longer. He'll bust his ass to get back.
I was talking to one of the guys who works for the Bs last night (about Looch). Looch told him "Better now than later in the season" but was disappointed to not be playing.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad