Vs Leafs Backes in game 2. Kuhlman in game 6, 7

Vs CBJ Backes in game 5, 6. Also PK adjustment after game 3. No PP goals

Incredible juggling act

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
One of his big coaching decisions looks like it might be imminent. The Bruins are close to making the finals and this scenario happened (after a sweep which might happen here too) to Cassidy's predecessor and he failed it in 2012-13.

If Miller is healthy enough to play, does he replace Clifton with Miller? CJ couldn't wait to get the 3 rookie D that held the Penguins to 3 goals in 4 games out of his lineup (only Krug was kept) for walking wounded vets in the Finals and that Bruins team defense was no where near as good against Chicago. As Clifton has not been exposed and they only use him 12-14 min a game, I think you need to keep him and Gryz together barring injuries. Miller hasn't played a game in the postseason nor in at least a month.

A much less impactful decision will be a recovering Acciari or healthy Kuhlman for the 4th line to replace Wagner who was seen leaving the arena with his arm in a sling. Personally, I would go with Kuhlman for this game to see how well he plays with Kuraly and give Acciari more time to recover.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I think it's disrespectful to Bruce to assume that the reason this team is winning right now is purely based on talent.

I think we all need to be grateful that Clode is now in Montreal doing the same things he's always done, and Cassidy has taken this team in a new, poised and determined direction. It's working.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
One of his big coaching decisions looks like it might be imminent. The Bruins are close to making the finals and this scenario happened (after a sweep which might happen here too) to Cassidy's predecessor and he failed it in 2012-13.

If Miller is healthy enough to play, does he replace Clifton with Miller? CJ couldn't wait to get the 3 rookie D that held the Penguins to 3 goals in 4 games out of his lineup (only Krug was kept) for walking wounded vets in the Finals and that Bruins team defense was no where near as good against Chicago. As Clifton has not been exposed and they only use him 12-14 min a game, I think you need to keep him and Gryz together barring injuries. Miller hasn't played a game in the postseason nor in at least a month.

A much less impactful decision will be a recovering Acciari or healthy Kuhlman for the 4th line to replace Wagner who was seen leaving the arena with his arm in a sling. Personally, I would go with Kuhlman for this game to see how well he plays with Kuraly and give Acciari more time to recover.

Unless Clifton gets pants moving forward.... I don't think he will be coming out of the lineup for a long time

Kmiller even if he became fully healthy in the next few days...would be out of regular season hockey shape, let alone playoff shape.... he is probaby done for the season.

They have said Acciari is good to go...So no, won't see Kuhlman

Kuhlman was a huge boost against the speedy Leafs. I think he would be a better fit against the Canes ....but as long as the team is winning, Backes stays

Reactions: zaYG

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Unless Clifton gets pants moving forward.... I don't think he will be coming out of the lineup for a long time

Kmiller even if he became fully healthy in the next few days...would be out of regular season hockey shape, let alone playoff shape.... he is probaby done for the season.

They have said Acciari is good to go...So no, won't see Kuhlman

Kuhlman was a huge boost against the speedy Leafs. I think he would be a better fit against the Canes ....but as long as the team is winning, Backes stays
What about replacing Backes with Kuhlman? Backes is giving it everything he’s got but looked a little gassed last game . Some fresh legs Acciari and Kuhlman could help tomorrow night?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What I liked last night is that when they did the in-game interview with Brian Boucher last night in the second period right after we went up 2-0, you could tell how giddy Bruce was. Dude was excited.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I really like the job he's done in rounds 2 & 3. It still bugs me that we don't have anyone for Krejci to play with, I think they're going to need more from that line before all is said and done, but he's getting the most out of the guys he has right now, and this team is playing to their identity. Couldn't really ask for more.
Flip Johansson and Backes ?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I really like the job he's done in rounds 2 & 3. It still bugs me that we don't have anyone for Krejci to play with, I think they're going to need more from that line before all is said and done, but he's getting the most out of the guys he has right now, and this team is playing to their identity. Couldn't really ask for more.
Same here. I was critical of him in round 1, and stick by my criticisms. To Bruce's credit he made adjustments after round 1, and it has worked out. I still would like to see Mojo be moved up to line 2 if the Bs face SJ. Krejci and Mojo have looked so freaking good when they have been on the ice together and would provide more scoring against SJ I believe than with Mojo on line 3. Against St L I'm not so sure I would make that move based on matchups. Keeping Mojo on line 3 is working out wonderfully against the Canes since it is creating a matchup nightmare for them. Bruce is pulling the right strings this series and has been brilliant. Putting Wags and Backes in when he did in the playoffs was smart. Putting Pasta back on line 1 was smart as well. Happy to see him growing as a coach and making necessary adjustments. Wasn't convinced before the playoffs started, and during round 1, that he would be quick enough to make adjustments. I've had three main criticisms of him since he's been here, and he has addressed two of them this playoffs. Still has one thing that bugs me, but maybe he will address that in time. Either way, he is doing a solid job and deserves credit. I said a couple months ago he deserved to be in the Adams' discussion for the regular season. Still irked he wasn't a finalist.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Interesting listening to spittin chiclets right now. Bates battaglia calling Bruce Cassidy the worst and most unprepared coach he’s ever played for and he was stunned to find out that Cassidy was head coach.

Also said the team doing well is a product of the players and has little to do with Cassidy himself, probably just butthurt but very interesting to say the least.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Interesting listening to spittin chiclets right now. Bates battaglia calling Bruce Cassidy the worst and most unprepared coach he’s ever played for and he was stunned to find out that Cassidy was head coach.

Also said the team doing well is a product of the players and has little to do with Cassidy himself, probably just ******** but very interesting to say the least.
I had to stop listening to him. He just seemed entitled and an overall dbag.

Cassidy was just starting out back then too so he wasn't nearly the coach he is today.

Defensively, they still use parts of Claude's system but offensive, that is all Bruce

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Also said the team doing well is a product of the players and has little to do with Cassidy himself, probably just ******** but very interesting to say the least.

Well f*** Bates Battaglia... that was a long time ago. Disappointed they would let him spew that shit on their podcast.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Well **** Bates Battaglia... that was a long time ago. Disappointed they would let him spew that **** on their podcast.

I mean bates battaglia isn’t the only former player of Cassidy’s to say this. I’m not agreeing/ disagreeing or even putting an opinion out there on it, just thought it was interesting.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Didn't realize in order to be good now he had to start out knowing everything already. Mighty high horse you seem to live on.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Didn't realize in order to be good now he had to start out knowing everything already. Mighty high horse you seem to live on.

Wait what high horse are you speaking of? I didn’t even express an opinion on the matter. All I said is I was listening to spittin chiclets podcast and posted what bates battaglia said.

These aren’t my comments all I said was that it was interesting. I never mentioned if I agreed or disagreed at all.

Why you so mad? Might want to go back and read what I said. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

For what it’s worth I like Cassidy and think he’s done a fine job. Just thought Battaglias comments were interesting.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Wait what high horse are you speaking of? I didn’t even express an opinion on the matter. All I said is I was listening to spittin chiclets podcast and posted what bates battaglia said.

These aren’t my comments all I said was that it was interesting. I never mentioned if I agreed or disagreed at all.

Why you so mad? Might want to go back and read what I said. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

For what it’s worth I like Cassidy and think he’s done a fine job. Just thought Battaglias comments were interesting.
I did indeed misread. Aplogies. Still don't give credence to anyone's opinion of his coaching his first time around tho. Especially not as having anything to do with the coach he is today, other than he's obviously learned his lessons well. It's no secret he sucked first stint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna