Management Bruce Cassidy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Took a team that most likely was not going to make the playoffs and got them into the playoffs. Was dealt a rotten hand with all the injuries and has taken a makeshift roster and been competitive in the first round. I would sign him to a one-year contract if there is nothing great available. He sure as heck is a lot better than someone like Bylsma. Who knows how he will do as head coach for a complete season, but from what he has shown thus far I think it is worth a shot giving him a chance.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Wonder if maybe Cassidy wants to get canned at this point! Why would He wanna coach this pathetic group of heartless passengers.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Loved the move to shorten the bench in the third with the season hanging in the balance. It worked, and they tied it, even if the game eventually went the other way in ot. It sure as **** beats rolling 4 regardless of the situation like the last clown, who never adjusted anything except his belt after a giant bucket of extra crispy from KFC... :naughty:

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I hire Cassidy easily. Showed a lot of flexibility in games. Favors the uptempo game. Keep him.

This team has a small window (as currently constructed). Bergeron will be 32. Whoever is named HC needs to be the guy who gives this team the best chance to be contenders NEXT year. Sweeney has some roster decisions obviously that will impact that, but still this is a big decision and can't be ****ed up. If that choice is Bruce so be it, but I'd like them to at least interview some outside candidates to make sure they are making the best possibly decision for the franchise.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Looking at the injuries to key players. Looking at the roster he was given for the series. Looking at the fact the Bs were in every game and could have easily won the series with so many underachieving/AHL players. What I saw was a coach who did a heck of a job.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This team has a small window (as currently constructed). Bergeron will be 32. Whoever is named HC needs to be the guy who gives this team the best chance to be contenders NEXT year. Sweeney has some roster decisions obviously that will impact that, but still this is a big decision and can't be ****ed up. If that choice is Bruce so be it, but I'd like them to at least interview some outside candidates to make sure they are making the best possibly decision for the franchise.

Who else could get this result out of this team though???

I heard it enough when Fraud Julien was here leading them to 2 straight season ending dumps, so I figured I'd throw it back out there for the hell of it... :naughty:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Looking at the injuries to key players. Looking at the roster he was given for the series. Looking at the fact the Bs were in every game and could have easily won the series with so many underachieving/AHL players. What I saw was a coach who did a heck of a job.

Exactly.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Absolutely. I don't pretend to know if he's best longterm coach for this team.

That said he was sort of given an ultimatum..... temporary unless you make PO's

He delivered the goods and IMO coached an extraordinary series given our injuries on D and missing Krejci.

Deserves the job next year.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Who else could get this result out of this team though???

I heard it enough when Fraud Julien was here leading them to 2 straight season ending dumps, so I figured I'd throw it back out there for the hell of it... :naughty:

I think Bruce did a great job.... I'm just saying I wouldn't mind them interviewing other candidates. If Bruce ends up being the right man for the job going forward I am on board but I'd like them to explore all options.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Absolutely. I don't pretend to know if he's best longterm coach for this team.

That said he was sort of given an ultimatum..... temporary unless you make PO's

He delivered the goods and IMO coached an extraordinary series given our injuries on D and missing Krejci.

Deserves the job next year.

This exactly. I would give him the job next year and see what he can do with a full year. That would give him the offseason working with Sweeny to get the type of players he wants for his system and have the team working on his system.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
One year deal I would do. He got booted pretty early into his coach career after coming in with Wash. Following year they nosed dived and he was gone. He needs a prove to me year really.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think Bruce did a great job.... I'm just saying I wouldn't mind them interviewing other candidates. If Bruce ends up being the right man for the job going forward I am on board but I'd like them to explore all options.

That's fine, and I get it. Personally, I think he's done enough to earn the job, but it's fine if others want to see more candidates. At the end of the day, it's just funny to me how ardent the Fraud Julien supporters were that NOBODY could do as good a job as that guy. They were absolutely right though. Nobody would have been able to get this team to crap the bed for a third straight year like Claude. Nobody. :laugh:

Biggest win of the season was getting rid of a coach whose message, system, preference of no upside vets over offensive minded youth, and rigid inflexibility had grown stale.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
If you can get Nate Leaman to leave Providence College.....that's your guy, and he's been involved with the development camps

This team has a ton of young talent coming and Leaman is a phenomenal hockey coach

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Alot of the players on this team were signed during claude era, I noticed that the players that did well during the series were the younger guys that could skate or the players that played with Cassidy when he was the ahl coach

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I liked what Cassidy did over here. Especially how he didn't shy at benching expensive veterans.

Though I'm not sure whether the results came because of the new-coach-effect.
I'd give him a chance to proove that he's got it.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'm sure management will do their due diligence interviewing potential coaches but I would not be upset if they bring Cassidy back. Not sure who out there is a better/ more exciting option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad