Management Bruce Cassidy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Heard Bates Battagula (sp) talk about Cassidy in his time with him in Washington on a podcast yesterday

Had zero good things to say about him, called him a sh*t, said he never knew what he was doing and that “basically everything” was wrong with him and couldn’t believe he was still coaching when he saw his face on tv the other night during a game

Kudos to Cassidy for reinventing himself since then

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Perhaps at that point his reputation was well deserved.

He's a different coach now. Learned a lot in the Boston organization I would imagine.

At that point, yes. It’s well documented that he wasn’t well liked his first go around.

But to say something like the bruins are where they are despite Cassidy, while also saying he doesn’t keep up with the league? Pretty shitty, IMO

Reactions: Alicat

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
At that point, yes. It’s well documented that he wasn’t well liked his first go around.

But to say something like the bruins are where they are despite Cassidy, while also saying he doesn’t keep up with the league? Pretty ****ty, IMO

True.

But saying he doesn't follow the game explains his lack of awareness. Not to mention that anyone watching the Bruins play can see this is an extremely well coached team.

Reactions: Kate08

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That article's been deleted. Who was the player and what did he say? Seems like an extreme take!
Bates Battaglia

"Oh yeah, piece of [expletive]," said Battaglia, who played for Cassidy during his time as a member of the Washington Capitals. "Tip to tail. Never liked that guy. I don’t know how he is still a coach. It boggles my mind. I honestly didn’t even know he was still coaching."
"I randomly saw a highlight… as you can I tell I don’t follow a whole lot, I watch some but I’m not a diehard.. but I saw him on the screen and I couldn’t believe it," Battaglia said as per 98.5 The Sports Hub. "It just shows how good Boston is, that they’re playing despite him."

"Unprepared," Battaglia said. "Never knew what we were doing. Just unorganized. Maybe things have changed. I hope they have. But that was not my bread and butter there with him."

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Not going to lie, didn't even know this Bates guy existed till now.
He was comparable to Nordstrom but probably thought himself the next Gretzky! Butch probably let him know he wasn't special and he'll take that misery to his grave. Liked him as a player, hard worker - 100% type guy but can be replaced by a thousand other guys.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Bates Battaglia

"Oh yeah, piece of [expletive]," said Battaglia, who played for Cassidy during his time as a member of the Washington Capitals. "Tip to tail. Never liked that guy. I don’t know how he is still a coach. It boggles my mind. I honestly didn’t even know he was still coaching."
"I randomly saw a highlight… as you can I tell I don’t follow a whole lot, I watch some but I’m not a diehard.. but I saw him on the screen and I couldn’t believe it," Battaglia said as per 98.5 The Sports Hub. "It just shows how good Boston is, that they’re playing despite him."

"Unprepared," Battaglia said. "Never knew what we were doing. Just unorganized. Maybe things have changed. I hope they have. But that was not my bread and butter there with him."

Wow! Thanks TCB. That's nuts. If there's anything we can say as fans who follow the team, that guy's way off the mark

Reactions: OV and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bates Battaglia

They just played that clip on 98.5 Sports Hub Boston. He sounds like a meat-headed jerk.... He's going back WHAT, 10 years and he's attacking Butch even though he said that he doesn't keep up on "it." God forbid he gives BC the benefit of the doubt and just say nothing. He's probably shucking clams at a warehouse somewhere now that his borderline NHL is over.
The guys on 98.5 are in one hand praising on the other hand tearing Butch down. They're trying to get B's fans riled up IMO. I would call but can't and by the time I did they would move on to soccer, Kyreeeee, Red Sox or anything OTHER than Bruins **** them!

Reactions: OV

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Damn, that's some pretty serious stuff from Battaglia. I'm going to assume he's not baselessly attacking Cassidy. Maybe he was a poor coach when he started but he's doing a hell of a job now.

It's not unheard of to grow as a human being as well as at your job. It's almost, like, normal.

Reactions: OV and Kate08

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They just played that clip on 98.5 Sports Hub Boston. He sounds like a meat-headed jerk.... He's going back WHAT, 10 years and he's attacking Butch even though he said that he doesn't keep up on "it." God forbid he gives BC the benefit of the doubt and just say nothing. He's probably shucking clams at a warehouse somewhere now that his borderline NHL is over.
The guys on 98.5 are in one hand praising on the other hand tearing Butch down. They're trying to get B's fans riled up IMO. I would call but can't and by the time I did they would move on to soccer, Kyreeeee, Red Sox or anything OTHER than Bruins **** them!
Wow! Thanks TCB. That's nuts. If there's anything we can say as fans who follow the team, that guy's way off the mark

Here is the whole article:

Former Hurricanes player unloads on Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Reason #1,049,549 why I don't listen to that crap

Reactions: Number8 and Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad