Speculation: Brooks: Tampa after Shattenkirk

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Shat play has improved lately
almost all his negative is due to injury he appears finally over

also, I could see if nec, being team friendly as he obv was to sign here for less $ and term in the first place, I cold see if there is an injury issue, he retires his last year and takes FO gig

--------
if we did something around Names + for expiring Talbot + and flipped Talbot to TB for Cally AND A SERIOUS ADD for our trouble, that is something I could see

What would the SERIOUS ADD be?

I dont think we are scouting them for Shattenkirk. Maybe at the draft but not right now. If we are heavily scouting the Rangers I think its for Hayes or Zucc. Possibly Kreider.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Shat play has improved lately
almost all his negative is due to injury he appears finally over

also, I could see if nec, being team friendly as he obv was to sign here for less $ and term in the first place, I cold see if there is an injury issue, he retires his last year and takes FO gig

--------
if we did something around Names + for expiring Talbot + and flipped Talbot to TB for Cally AND A SERIOUS ADD for our trouble, that is something I could see

Nice try Bern but nobody falls for your nonsense. Gotta make more of an effort.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ranger fans do not want Cally , you can keep him .

Cally is fine for now, he will be helpful in the playoffs like he normally is. We will just buy him out next year or trade him to somebody else if the Rangers dont want him. No biggie.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Serg has his defensive issues (as a lot of young offensive defensemen do) but he’s not playing out of position on the right. That’s his side.

Everyone always say this before they learn otherwise the hard way. Its a huge handicap in many areas to play on the wrong side. When some team manage to make it worth, its almost always only for a shorter period of time -- a season or two -- before it fails.

Wishful thinking simply.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Everyone always say this before they learn otherwise the hard way. Its a huge handicap in many areas to play on the wrong side. When some team manage to make it worth, its almost always only for a shorter period of time -- a season or two -- before it fails.

Wishful thinking simply.

Serg has played the right side a lot in his career this isnt something new.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Wishful thinking simply.

He’s said in the past that he prefers playing on his “off” side. A lot of Russians do - it’s more common with wingers but makes a lot of sense for an offensive d-man as well.

But I’m sure you know more about our players than we do.:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Shattenkirk just doesn't make sense.

He's like 4th or 5th in guys that I imagine TB would want to pull off that roster behind Zuc, Hayes and Kreider

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Shattenkirk just doesn't make sense.

He's like 4th or 5th in guys that I imagine TB would want to pull off that roster behind Zuc, Hayes and Kreider

I agree that it wouldn't seem like Tampa is a good fit here. Since it's Brooks saying this, I imagine the Rangers are trying to drum up interest in Shattenkirk from other teams in the league. Leaking false info that the best team in the league is interested in Shatty should get other teams to listen.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
He’s said in the past that he prefers playing on his “off” side. A lot of Russians do - it’s more common with wingers but makes a lot of sense for an offensive d-man as well.

But I’m sure you know more about our players than we do.:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

Yup, I do.

First of all, you cannot compare playing the wrong side in Europe with playing the wrong side in the NHL, just like you cannot compare playing the wrong side in the NHL 15 years ago with doing it now. The game is that much faster in the NHL right now.

Second, the competitions for RD spots are much lower than the competition for LD spots -- on just about every team in the league. A solid RD gets 4-5m per year while the same guy at LD might not even get a job. That is how big the difference is.

But believe what you want.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yeahhhh, that makes no sense. Not with how good their offense has been.

If anything, I could see them chasing someone like Hjalmarsson (assuming AZ would even give him up). Someone who has more of a stay-at-home game, and who is battle tested. I guess that would be contingent on being able to ship salary since he's signed next year. Likewise, the big, bad power forward aspect (Simmonds or the like) I could see working for them too. It would give them yet another offensive weapon different from what they've got. But Shattenkirk?

I forgot about the whole "rejected a trade to Edm and TBL" angle from this guy previously. No wonder Blues fans would be mad, rightly so :laugh:

Rumor is Tampa is after Seabrook too

What an arms race

naNEzNm.gif

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
What would the Rangers retirement home down South offer for Shatty?

Absolutely nothing. We don’t need him and can’t fit him in capwise. Besides New Yorkers generally retire in South Florida so you should ask Panthers fans.

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
And they have nothing to show for it.

I'm all for Tampa doing anything they can to be even better. I want the Cup, not regular season dominance.

Yep, gotta strike while the iron is hot. It doesn't take much for a team to fall from the top, you never know how many shots a team is gonna get at the Cup.

If Tampa thinks they can improve their chances of winning it all at a reasonable cost they have to take it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Yup, I do.

First of all, you cannot compare playing the wrong side in Europe with playing the wrong side in the NHL, just like you cannot compare playing the wrong side in the NHL 15 years ago with doing it now. The game is that much faster in the NHL right now.

Second, the competitions for RD spots are much lower than the competition for LD spots -- on just about every team in the league. A solid RD gets 4-5m per year while the same guy at LD might not even get a job. That is how big the difference is.

But believe what you want.

Your level of arrogance and condescension is amazing for someone who clearly knows so little.

Again, it’s not the “wrong” side for a lot of players, especially Russian wingers who often prefer to play on that side as it gives them different options offensively. It certainly doesn’t seem to be holding Kucherov back as he continues to be the leading scorer in the entire NHL. And again, while Sergachev may not be a winger he is an offensive defenseman and playing on the opposite side gives him the same advantages.

Maybe you should try learning a thing or two before pretending that you know better than everyone else.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Yep, gotta strike while the iron is hot. It doesn't take much for a team to fall from the top, you never know how many shots a team is gonna get at the Cup.

If Tampa thinks they can improve their chances of winning it all at a reasonable cost they have to take it.

First you’re dead wrong in your philosophy - as has been pointed out numerous times on this forum a team’s best chance of success is to remain a top contender for as long as possible, NOT to shorten their window to slightly improve their chances in any given year.

And second even if we were to make a move to improve our chances this year Shattenkirk doesn’t remotely move the needle in that regard.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Damn, I'm sure he would cost a mint, but Kreider is the kind of player TBL could pick up that would make everyone else start to sweat. He's got wheels, he's got a mean streak. He can score ugly or do it with finesse. And his streakiness would be a bit nullified since he would be on a team where there are so many other big guns to pick up the slack.

NYR would be mad to let him go, though.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad