Speculation: Brooks: Tampa after Shattenkirk

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yep, I have no further use for you or your worthless posts. You are the weakest link - goodbye (and good riddance!)

Funny, considering you bring nothing of substance to the table and think a broken down player has a better chance of regaining form than a player who has had a couple of bad years on a bad team.

That X-box hockey knowledge is something to behold.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We’ll see how long that lasts. It’s a miracle he’s stayed as healthy as he has this year with his style of play and injury history.

While that’s fine, it still goes hand in hand with my point.

Top unit, probably not, but 2nd unit? I think he’d good there, but I do agree that with being #1 there isn’t much of a need, but if you can get something that would be a luxury for something that’s also a luxury, it could work. The only thing is the years. Also, Stralman’s deal is done after this season.

Yeah, he busts his ass, but he’s a black hole offensively. Maybe in a very limited role as he is he can contribute the odd goal here and there, but he can’t be counted upon for offense.

I think it could, I think adding a pointman on the 2nd unit could help. His defensive deficiencies are obviously a worry, but on a team like Tampa, they could be masked.

With all of this said, he has an NMC and NTC and left money on the table to come to NY. He’s most likely not waiving.

I also think Hayes Or Zuccarello would be a better fit than Shattenkirk.

I think next year we have more use for him. Now would cost more than offseason to acquire since we would have him for a whole other playoff run. Its just not in the cards right now. Think it could happen in offseason if we have interest but dont see it now. Wouldnt mind Hayes or Zuc right now though.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think next year we have more use for him. Now would cost more than offseason to acquire since we would have him for a whole other playoff run. Its just not in the cards right now. Think it could happen in offseason if we have interest but dont see it now. Wouldnt mind Hayes or Zuc right now though.

More than fair, especially with a cap crunch upcoming.

Hayes and/or Zuccarello could be discussed. I think Gorton would want that condition moved off of 2019 first rounder to have it definitely going to the Rangers and then a prospect for either one.

I know McKenzie said they could be looking at a second and a prospect for Zuccarello, but I’d imagine if Columbus keeps Panarin, that could drive up value for Zuccarello, especially teams who whiff on Stone.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
More than fair, especially with a cap crunch upcoming.

Hayes and/or Zuccarello could be discussed. I think Gorton would want that condition moved off of 2019 first rounder to have it definitely going to the Rangers and then a prospect for either one.

I know McKenzie said they could be looking at a second and a prospect for Zuccarello, but I’d imagine if Columbus keeps Panarin, that could drive up value for Zuccarello, especially teams who whiff on Stone.

I wouldnt be surprised if we made a move for one of those two. Maaaaybe Kreider but they probably keep him. I made a thread in here speculating the Rangers and TB making a trade at the deadline since NY has a little investment in them. Dont think anybody should be surprised if a deal is made at or before deadline.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I wouldnt be surprised if we made a move for one of those two. Maaaaybe Kreider but they probably keep him. I made a thread in here speculating the Rangers and TB making a trade at the deadline since NY has a little investment in them. Dont think anybody should be surprised if a deal is made at or before deadline.

I’ve said the same thing since the start of the season. The rangers have a vesting interest in Tampa winning, even mentioned it before in this thread I believe, not sure if to you or someone else.

I believe it could, I just have no actual clue of who will go. Rangers seem to love to deal with teams that they have a prior history of dealing with as well, so that’s also part of why I believe we’ll see another Rangers/Tampa deal.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't see us having any use for this guy this year. Maybe next year, but even then, I'm not seeing it. We're a much different team than when we tried to acquire him. Much, much different. Our need on the right side isn't nearly so urgent.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Elite #1D?

That's pretty much Karlsson/Doughty/Hedman?

Personally I wouldn’t say it’s likely that he reaches that level, but we also can’t rule it out at this point. He has all the tools; the question is how effective he’ll get at using them. I think a more conservative estimate of his upside would be a good to very good 1D who is capable of an occasional elite season - more of a Burns than a Hedman. On the other hand he might never put it together defensively and end up as more of a 4D who needs a strong defensive partner. But he’s only 20 and has plenty of room to grow so I’m not at all worried that we’ve seen the best of him already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad