Brooklyn/Belmont Arena Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Take this for what it's worth. I'm not making representations about its reliability, just interesting.

guessing they are waiting to see how the attendance and the revenue is at Nassau to see if it is worth it

and when are they going to start the construction on this building, I am afraid Isles are going to be in first place and they are going to have the typical 10,000 attendance at Nassau and Ledecky is going to say the deal is off because obviously the fans are not supporting them on Long Island or Brooklyn, he needs to build this 1 Billion dollar arena and than regret it in a few years after it is built

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
rsz_eeyore61_5881_5847.jpg

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
guessing they are waiting to see how the attendance and the revenue is at Nassau to see if it is worth it

and when are they going to start the construction on this building, I am afraid Isles are going to be in first place and they are going to have the typical 10,000 attendance at Nassau and Ledecky is going to say the deal is off because obviously the fans are not supporting them on Long Island or Brooklyn, he needs to build this 1 Billion dollar arena and than regret it in a few years after it is built

The revenue he collects from the other 324 days there are what he is banking on, not the Islander revenue

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Why do you keep skirting the fact that the arena is just 1 component of this project and the other components will generate revenue 365 days a year?

Reactions: Eberzal

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Why do you keep skirting the fact that the arena is just 1 component of this project and the other components will generate revenue 365 days a year?
Yup. This is Malkin's project, not Ledecky's (he's just the local face), and the cash cow is the retail development not the Arena. There is zero chance that they back away.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anything less than 17,000 seats for hockey would be a mistake. At least have the ability to add the seats in, and have them fit, if needed.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Are there any diagrams of what the inside of this arena is designed to look like. Any ideas as to the philosophies? I am curious to see how or if they plan on doing their best to replicate the intimacy of the coliseum, but adding more capacity and luxury boxes. Hopefully they adopt the model of taking the best, most intimidating places to play in the NHL, and implementing them into the design (ala Detroit).

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Are there any diagrams of what the inside of this arena is designed to look like. Any ideas as to the philosophies? I am curious to see how or if they plan on doing their best to replicate the intimacy of the coliseum, but adding more capacity and luxury boxes. Hopefully they adopt the model of taking the best, most intimidating places to play in the NHL, and implementing them into the design (ala Detroit).
upload_2018-11-7_17-34-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad