Brooklyn/Belmont Arena Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For the sake of organization, we'll use this thread moving forward for the Brooklyn/Belmont arena discussion.

The Islanders will play an additional eight games at NYCB LIVE’s Nassau Coliseum during the 2018-19 season, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced Thursday.

The increase means the Islanders will play 20 of their 82 games next season at the Uniondale venue they called home from 1972-2015. They will play a total of 68 games there in the next three seasons, part of a split schedule with Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Islanders add 8 more games to Coliseum schedule

Previous thread: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...n-islanders-to-play-20-games-at-nvmc.2425603/

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
this may be off topic but I could not find a better home...

cheapest tickets on Ticketmaster for first game back in Nassau is 130 bucks, I would rather go to Barclays at that price...

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011

cheapest tickets on Ticketmaster for first game back in Nassau is 130 bucks, I would rather go to Barclays at that price...

The way things are going, by January, you may very well be able to take that $130 and have Brett Yormark's suite at Barclays.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
The way things are going I expect a full time return to the Coliseum announcement by August

I get the thought, but I'd be surprised. Sure, Brett wants to free the building for other events, but I think the owners still want to keep Barclays in the mix to get a piece of that suite revenue. However, since we don't know the details of the temp contract for the next few years, perhaps BSE met the Islanders half-way and is "sweetening the pot" for them to be at the Coliseum for three years, so that the building doesn't stay empty?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I get the thought, but I'd be surprised. Sure, Brett wants to free the building for other events, but I think the owners still want to keep Barclays in the mix to get a piece of that suite revenue. However, since we don't know the details of the temp contract for the next few years, perhaps BSE met the Islanders half-way and is "sweetening the pot" for them to be at the Coliseum for three years, so that the building doesn't stay empty?
I was just joking, although I think we’re there full time for 2019-2020

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I was just joking, although I think we’re there full time for 2019-2020

Yeah, for that season, Coliseum full-time wouldn't surprise me. Have to add that if you told me last year that they'd be playing 20 games at the Coliseum this season, I'd tell you to get the heck out of here.

Yormark will almost definitely be at the first few Coliseum games, and it will be part of a push to pressure ownership into playing there full time ASAP.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Well you just connected the dots as to why the prices are so expensive...To try and make up as much revenue that the same game at Barclay's would have generated.

That said, go to Stubhub. Prices are less there.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Well you just connected the dots as to why the prices are so expensive...To try and make up as much revenue that the same game at Barclay's would have generated.

Or wait till JT signs elsewhere and prices will drop like a rock.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Has there been a timeframe announced for putting a shovel in the ground in Belmont? Not that I'm a skeptic or nuthin' but I'd feel a lot better about this whole deal if they actually started work.

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005

not much cheaper on stub hub, 110 for section 239 (corner) row 16

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Lamoriello excited about Isles’ future home at Belmont

By Andrew Gross[email protected] @AGrossNewsdayJuly 9, 2018 12:44 PM

Like the rest of the organization he now runs, Lou Lamoriello is excited about the plan for the Islanders playing home games at a modern arena at Belmont Park.

“It’s certainly big for the fans and the organization and for the future of the organization when you have ownership in Scott Malkin committed,” the Islanders president and general manager told Newsday in a telephone interview on Monday. “We know it’s going to come about. I’ve had the opportunity to see the plans. It’s something exciting. It’s a state-of-the-art facility. The players should also be excited. But that’s a little bit away. We have to focus on how we play now.

The proposed arena at Belmont Park still must receive the necessary environmental approvals and, even if everything stays on its expected timetable, is not supposed to open until the 2021-22 NHL season... The Islanders will play 20 home games at their former full-time home in Uniondale this season, up from the 12 originally planned...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Have you guys NOT been paying attention for the past 30 years?

Do you really think that LL, Trotz and Barzal are going to stay around?

Remember how excited everyone was when JT was drafted and we had new owners.. and everything was looking better?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Have you guys NOT been paying attention for the past 30 years?

Do you really think that LL, Trotz and Barzal are going to stay around?

Remember how excited everyone was when JT was drafted and we had new owners.. and everything was looking better?
Are you saying Lou, who is currently 76 years old, is going to leave for greener pastures in 4 years?

How bored are you at work today?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Are you saying Lou, who is currently 76 years old, is going to leave for greener pastures in 4 years?

How bored are you at work today?

LOL..Im just trying to point out that things are never as they seem in IslesLand -- and they NEVER work out as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad