Brooklyn/Belmont Arena Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Keep on "just asking questions".
Funny you make the J/O crack when that's basically what the protesters are doing.

When I say the same thing multiple times and get accused of changing my story, then yeah, I guess asking questions is about all I can do. :thumbu:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Funny you make the J/O crack when that's basically what the protesters are doing.

"Funny"

When I say the same thing multiple times and get accused of changing my story, then yeah, I guess asking questions is about all I can do. :thumbu:

You are saying that both the protesters and the media are both "pretending" there's real opposition without evidence. So I guess it's consistently crankery.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
"Funny"

You are saying that both the protesters and the media are both "pretending" there's real opposition without evidence. So I guess it's consistently crankery.

Do you have evidence of Scott Malkin becoming a billionare off of "dirty money?"

You stated that without providing evidence, right??

Reactions: sabremike

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
You are saying that both the protesters and the media are both "pretending" there's real opposition without evidence.
Res ipsa loquitur. :rolleyes:

QyfKC4E.gif

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Do you have evidence of Scott Malkin becoming a billionare off of "dirty money?"

You stated that without providing evidence, right??

What? No. (By that I mean, I never said a thing about how Malkin got his money. The issue was "dark" money used to pay for political speech. According to SCOTUS there can be no restriction on issue-based political spending as it *is* a variety of speech. It is a little ironic when people criticize "dark" money used against the interests of billionaires, because typically it is billionaires who make the greatest use of it. None of this is controversial. At all.)

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Anyone wanna share where they think the best seats for the money at Barclays are?

I’m finally back in the area and am making my first trip there ever Saturday!

Thanks.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Anyone wanna share where they think the best seats for the money at Barclays are?

Thanks.

Top deck on the unobstructed end. All seats are good, cheap, but not for those with vertigo.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Thanks.
Downstairs: anywhere in the 100's besides the corners in the obstructed end.

Upstairs: anywhere behind the goal on the good end (212, 213,214,215).

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Isles alumni thrilled new arena reminiscent of Coliseum

'Updated November 3, 2018 10:39 PM (EDT)

There were 57 of them in all, covering parts of five decades and ranging from Hall of Famers such as Bryan Trottier and Clark Gillies to Petr Mika, who played in only three NHL games, all with the Islanders, in 2000.
But there was a universal vibe around the participants in the Islanders’ Alumni Weekend before Saturday night’s game against the Devils: Happy to be included and happy with the direction of the franchise in general, the current team in particular and plans for a certain new arena near Belmont Park most of all...

One tidbit: The Islanders’ “campus,” including the dressing room, medical facilities and such, will cover 23,000 square feet.
More importantly, they were told the seating bowl itself will be intimate, and reminiscent of a certain arena where the team used to play — and soon will again on an interim basis...

Former goalie Glenn “Chico” Resch compared Barclays Center, where the alumni were honored at the first intermission Saturday, to a temporary rental while waiting for one’s dream house to be completed.

“I’ll say this diplomatically: What’s the alternative? Playing here? Really?” he said. “Are you getting any warm fuzzies or anything playing here? C’mon. You’re not.

“You are finally getting back into a solid place. I think that’s what I’m thinking of: A place that I can lay my head down for the last time.”'

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
One tidbit: The Islanders’ “campus,” including the dressing room, medical facilities and such, will cover 23,000 square feet.
More importantly, they were told the seating bowl itself will be intimate, and reminiscent of a certain arena where the team used to play — and soon will again on an interim basis...
I don't always have the most positive reactions to your posts, but this one is a winner. ;)

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
The idea of the new Belmont arena being reminiscent of the Coliseum is tantalizing, but anyone have an idea when we might get some firmer details on the new arena? Is there a plan for capacity? Concourse size/features? Mock drawings? Feels like we've seen nothing specific for an arena that's supposed to break ground in 6 months.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The idea of the new Belmont arena being reminiscent of the Coliseum is tantalizing, but anyone have an idea when we might get some firmer details on the new arena? Is there a plan for capacity? Concourse size/features? Mock drawings? Feels like we've seen nothing specific for an arena that's supposed to break ground in 6 months.

18,000 seats according to the article below.

At a glance: The Belmont Park Arena Plan

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
View media item 3291
Interior very similar to T-mobile arena. Main entrance faces grandstand. We finally get to be a big boy team and can walk from bench to locker room. Locker room looks cool .

Reactions: nyisles

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Thanks.
JMO (obviously) but I love my seats at Barclays. I'm in Section 121 which is right below the goaline on the side we shoot twice. Bang for buck, I think they're the best. I've sat in lower seats and the perspective is often times off and there are frequently obstructions (guard rails, etc.) that get in the way.

There are plenty of good seats at Barclays but you probably need to test them out to make sure they're ok as there are also plenty of seats that should be good but are not.

As someone else mentioned, the uppers behind the goal (unobstructed side) are good as well - especially in the lower rows. You're much closer to the action than the seats on the sidelines.

Reactions: Strummergas

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Take this for what it's worth. I'm not making representations about its reliability, just interesting.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Take this for what it's worth. I'm not making representations about its reliability, just interesting.

The New York Islanders could schedule their entire slate of 2019-20 home games exclusively at the Nassau Coliseum, a source with knowledge of the situation has told Metro New York.
As the organization awaits ground to break on their new arena in Elmont, NY on the same grounds as Belmont Race Track, the chances of the Islanders completely leaving the Barclays Center in Brooklyn beginning next season stands at a "70/30" possibility.

When asked, the Islanders denied such a possibility.

Chances are Isles denied the 70/30 possibility of leaving Barclays because they want to return to Coliseum full time by 2.28.2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad