Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Part II

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I'm guessing a lot of posters here have not returned to hockey after a spinal injury.
I don't blame him for it, and I've posted extensively about how I hope that they are getting him the psychological supports that he most likely needs alongside the physio support. Like his career could have been over just like that, there's no way that it hasn't impacted him seriously

Reactions: I am toxic

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Trading Boeser now would negatively impact the dressing room, in my opinion. I like the comradery that these young guys seem to have, I don’t want it to be detracted from by moving Boeser.

this is the only reason I don’t want to trade him. He’s best buds with EP40 and we already lost his other very very good friend in Markstrom. We want guys to want to resign here. QH was great friends with Taney too....

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I sure hope Boeser is firing hundreds of pucks on a daily basis. His shot is no longer lethal and needs a lot of work. Ryan Kesler fired hundreds of shots each day when he was frequently misfiring, and it changed his game drastically. I really hope Boeser does the same because his shot no longer has pinpoint accuracy.

Last edited:

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
I don't blame him for it, and I've posted extensively about how I hope that they are getting him the psychological supports that he most likely needs alongside the physio support. Like his career could have been over just like that, there's no way that it hasn't impacted him seriously
got to think his dad's extremely serious health issues are having a bigger impact on Brock's state of mind than that injury.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
I treat patients with wrist injuries … they are hard to come back from.
I am guessing he has a TFCC tear and so everytime he loads through his shot it must not be pleasant

The back should be fine but psychology could play a role there.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Who else also think that Boeser made the mistake of adding too much weight/muscle after his rookie season? I think he should lose more weight/muscle and try to play as lean as possible.

Reactions: CherryCoke

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I’m in the minority. I’m not convinced his shot is gone.

He doesn’t get the space to rip it anymore. I think it’s still a good shot. To me it looked like he was pulling it left.

The Canucks changed their style and game plan and Brock was stationed much closer to the net. He wasn’t getting force fed the clean looks from the top of the circle that he was getting in previous years.

Nearly every goal he scored is the low slot. He’s adapting.

Is there a website that tracks shot locations or Goal locations by player/by season. I think we’d see he’s not getting shot opportunities in the same spots as 2 years out.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Who else also think that Boeser made the mistake of adding too much weight/muscle after his rookie season? I think he should lose more weight/muscle and try to play as lean as possible.

Definitely. All of his problems stem from lack of agility/acceleration. Even with the added weight he's still too weak and slow to play a cycle game so it's useless added weight

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I sure hope Boeser is firing hundreds of pucks on a daily basis. His shot is no longer lethal and needs a lot of work. Ryan Kesler fired hundreds of shots each day when he was frequently misfiring, and it changed his game drastically. I really hope Boeser does the same because his shot no longer has pinpoint accuracy.

I have had lots of injuries. Sadly, if you decide "I am going to work my way through this with fantastic effort", your body goes "no you're not!". It goes "go ahead, see what happens".

You have to listen to your body. fitness is essential for these guys, but you can damage yourself easily if you push too hard.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Ok, so here's the thing. I'm a Boeser fan, but when you really get down to it, Vancouver let Tyler Toffoli walk so Brock could have that RW sniper-spot in the line up, and because we could only afford one of them. So my question is this:

When Toffoli gets lots of PP time and is paired with Kotkaniemi, and goes on to out-score Boeser in the 2021 season (which I firmly believe he will) what will your reaction be, and will it seal the deal and sadly signal the end of Brock's tenure in Canuckland?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
His shot is fine, the difference is he doesn't have the confidence to pull it off as quickly as he did in his rookie year. He would shoot with conviction but now that one second of hesitation is all that's needed for an NHL defenceman to cover him.

Also, Brock is what he is, he's a top 6 forward that can produce at a 60 point pace, perhaps 70 in his prime. That's an excellent player, he isn't a superstar by any means but he is definitely a first line forward in the same ilk as JT Miller. Looking foward to seeing him play this upcoming season, which will be be the first season that he isn't rehabbing an injury.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
When Toffoli gets lots of PP time and is paired with Kotkaniemi, and goes on to out-score Boeser in the 2021 season (which I firmly believe he will) what will your reaction be, and will it seal the deal and sadly signal the end of Brock's tenure in Canuckland?

Toffoli has never out-produced Boeser since Boeser came into the league.

If we could only keep one of them, you don't think you need to take the players age and contract status into account?

Do you think of Kotkaniemi as a proven playmaker that is so good guys automatically put up career seasons playing with him...Kotkaniemi will benefit Toffoli greater than EP will benefit Boeser?

You're just making silly predictions and if they stick you'll come back to gloat, and if they don't you'll never bring them up again.

Toffoli will be 29 this next season. His BEST season thus far (PPG) is worse than Boeser's WORST season (PPG).
Kotkaniemi, the guy you think will carry Toffoli to a career season in Mtl had 2 assists in total last season in 46 NHL games. Yes, you read that right...2 assists in 46 NHL games.

Now..your prediction could come to fruition. But, there is zero logic to it. I predict BB wins the Conn Smythe this next season. Great for me. But, it's a stupid prediction on my part.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Toffoli has never out-produced Boeser since Boeser came into the league.

If we could only keep one of them, you don't think you need to take the players age and contract status into account?

Do you think of Kotkaniemi as a proven playmaker that is so good guys automatically put up career seasons playing with him. Kotkaniemi will benefit Toffoli greater than EP will benefit Boeser?

You're just making silly predictions and if they stick you'll come back to gloat, and if they don't you'll never bring them up again.

Toffoli will be 29 this next season. His BEST season thus far (PPG) is worse than BB's WORST season (PPG). Kotka niemi, the guy you think will carry Toffoli to a career season in Mtl had 2 assists in total last season in 46 NHL games. Yes, you read that right...2 assists in 46 NHL games.

Now..you're prediction could come to fruition. But, there is zero logic to it. I predict BB wins the Conn Smythe this next season. Great for me. But, it's a stupid prediction on my part.

Bingo.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
saw one of the interviews. brock seems to gotten bigger leaner? arms. maybe he can rejuvenate his rookie form and find space to really rip his One timers. its up to him to find those "soft spots" we've seen glimpses of that in the playoffs last summer.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Break out year for Brock Boeser.

And i don't mean this just offensively where i think he will be right at the PPG pace. I think his late playoff season performance was an indicator of a maturity and work ethic that will make him an impact player 5v5 most nights instead of a questionable one with top end talents.

The break came at a good time for him to get healthy also.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Break out year for Brock Boeser.

And i don't mean this just offensively where i think he will be right at the PPG pace. I think his late playoff season performance was an indicator of a maturity and work ethic that will make him an impact player 5v5 most nights instead of a questionable one with top end talents.

The break came at a good time for him to get healthy also.
Agreed. If he can stay healthy, watch out! Miller, EP and Boeser could be our best two way line. All three of those guys can play solid defensive hockey and EP already is trending as one of the better two way centers after just two seasons.

Reactions: sting101

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
Boeser was pretty bad off of Pettersson's line the last two seasons. If he isn't significantly improved this year then he's overpaid as it is.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
His season will depend on if he can regain his shot. If hes firing muffins in to logos like last year, hes pretty useless as his skating and hockey IQ are both below average

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad